Home

Effectiveness of Flexbone

This is a discussion on Effectiveness of Flexbone within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2009, 01:50 PM   #33
Rookie

LSUF4N's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Effectiveness of Flexbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishfan2008
Anyone else having success against a human opponent?
The only problem with the GT's flexbone is that you do not have any other options for formations. You cannot really get effective pass plays very often. Also cheesers will usually run a 3-2-6 and run commit every play which makes the offense very limited (i run sweeps when they do this). However if it is an honest opponent GT is a great team and the flexbone is great. Just remember since it is a running playbook you cannot come back in the 4th quarter very easily.
Old 08-02-2009, 04:13 PM   #34
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

That's why I used the balance. It had 5 shotgun formations along with some I, single back, split back, a flexbone and wishbone.

Love seeing people get pissed off. People don't like just getting ran over for 3 yards a time.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:10 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 2

i love using gt online. the offense is great ball control, and has the ability to bust open huge plays when defenders commit inside or outside. you just need to be able to read what the defense is committing to and take what they give you. i find the most effective way to dominate with this offense is to play sound defense, make one or two stops in a row, and slowly pile up the points on your opponent
43 Conference Championships
3 Heisman Winners
106 All-Americans
on going NCAA Record 304 Consecutive Sellouts
There is No Place Like Nebraska

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2009, 08:05 AM   #36
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUF4N
The only problem with the GT's flexbone is that you do not have any other options for formations. You cannot really get effective pass plays very often. Also cheesers will usually run a 3-2-6 and run commit every play which makes the offense very limited (i run sweeps when they do this). However if it is an honest opponent GT is a great team and the flexbone is great. Just remember since it is a running playbook you cannot come back in the 4th quarter very easily.
I think that the pass game with the flexbone has improved tremendously since last year.... I've been usin' the flexbone for a long as I can remember... and as it goes right now.... will probably be the first time since I've been playin' online that I'm gonna continue to run it on a regular basis and not get frustrated and change it up.....

Now, it's not a super effective like other playbooks.... But one thing you gotta do is never completely abandon the run.... If I ever find myself neglectin' the run, even if I'm down a few scores, then I'm not winnin' that game.... It's tough for any offense, regardless of playbook, to pass against someone who knows your gonna pass...

And I like the fact that you are in all similar forms the whole game.... Then they have to respect both the run and pass all game.... Not very many people are gonna come out in a multi WR set, weather it's under center or shotty, and run the ball all the time...

And I love the fact that Georgia Tech and the Flexbone is gettin' so much love.... Nice to see i'm not alone out here...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »