Home

Do you feel the presentation in "Road to Glory" should have been put in "Dynasty"

This is a discussion on Do you feel the presentation in "Road to Glory" should have been put in "Dynasty" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2009, 12:11 AM   #41
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Do you feel the presentation in "Road to Glory" should have been put in "Dynasty"

Quote:
Originally Posted by twigstudios
In my opinion, get rid of RTG, Mascots games, and the mini games. Save that for the Wii. My created player on dynasty is my RTG. And I have never played a Mascot game ever (don't see the point).

Please give me: Spring Game, SI covers, practices in practice uni's, Senior Bowl, National Signing Day, formation subs, multiple sliders, Halftime show, Corso putting on the headgear, Home Depot College Gameday game of the week, 85 man rosters, Heisman and NC trophy presentation...
Mascot games are the most pointless thing ever. Add post game celebrations (like the team/fans rushing the field and the coach getting gatorade dumped on him) louder fans, and better TD celebrations on top of what you mentioned.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2009, 12:11 AM   #42
stewaat

OVR:
Re: Do you feel the presentation in "Road to Glory" should have been put in "Dynasty"

The problem EA just set itself up with is bringing Erin Andrews on board. Is next year gonna be the same exact material? Probably not, which means more resources to RTG.

It's a shame if you ask me, and what twigstudios said in his post "please give me" 's is exactly what I believe most dynasty folk would love to see!

Old 07-12-2009, 12:16 AM   #43
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

I feel like EA doesn't realize that they can do both and still cater to everyone...
Old 07-12-2009, 12:28 AM   #44
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34
You know until you walk a day in his exact shoes.....I would back off TELLING him what he/they should do. He explained they have a large audience to try and make happy, not just the good ole boys from OS. I am not a huge fan RTG either, but it makes 100% sense to me why the spent time on it, and why they leave that mode in.

Well... I want to be careful not to diminish how much we love the hardcore guys! You guys are VERY important to us. We don't call you the "core audience" as short for "hardcore."
Old 07-12-2009, 12:30 AM   #45
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
The problem EA just set itself up with is bringing Erin Andrews on board. Is next year gonna be the same exact material? Probably not, which means more resources to RTG.
Not necessarily.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2009, 03:37 AM   #46
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by twigstudios
In my opinion, get rid of RTG, Mascots games, and the mini games. Save that for the Wii. My created player on dynasty is my RTG. And I have never played a Mascot game ever (don't see the point).

Please give me: Spring Game, SI covers, practices in practice uni's, Senior Bowl, National Signing Day, formation subs, multiple sliders, Halftime show, Corso putting on the headgear, Home Depot College Gameday game of the week, 85 man rosters, Heisman and NC trophy presentation...
Dude, you nailed it with this post.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:42 PM   #47
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34
You know until you walk a day in his exact shoes.....I would back off TELLING him what he/they should do. He explained they have a large audience to try and make happy, not just the good ole boys from OS. I am not a huge fan RTG either, but it makes 100% sense to me why the spent time on it, and why they leave that mode in.

amen. 100% agree with you man.
everyone is jumping on adam telling him all the wrong things he's done. how about all the right things? That whole 'deepest recruiting system ever' they added last year- that took a lot of work. And they improved it this year. Now, I don't really enjoy legend mode anymore and I only really liked it as a QB, but some people do like it. And I'm sure some people liked mascot mode (lol). And some will appreciate SS. Knowing this, EA made the decision to push these things forward to increase the sales of its product.

I think RTG should be combined with Dynasty. You could pick a player to shadow (until he graduates/leaves for NFL, then you pick a new recruit, senior leader, etc.). Erin Andrews could still be hot and talk about how awesome you are, but you'd also have features you'd like from dynasty. And if you don't like RTG, don't use the feature. Just don't select anyone. I just feel like at every school, there are guys that the media follows more. Like Jimmy Clausen. He's the story at ND. Or Reggie Bush back at USC. Colt Brennan, Chris Wells, etc. These 'big men on campus' are the stories that are worth following. I feel like shadowing these players throughout dynasty, while still being able to play with the entire team, would greatly improve the two modes.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:50 PM   #48
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
Not necessarily.
For this to be a yearly feature wouldn't she need to be back every year providing more material?

Or was material left in the bag?

Or is there something I'm missing?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »