Home

My buddy screwed me on season showdown!!

This is a discussion on My buddy screwed me on season showdown!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2009, 01:13 AM   #33
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: My buddy screwed me on season showdown!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
Fixed? I don't see anything broken. This is the intended behavior of the game. Your selection is permanent (and I know the guys who worked on SS went back and forth on this one for a while... I'm not going to speak to this design decision as I honestly never asked!).

We can control a lot of things with the game. What your friend does when you aren't looking isn't one of them!
My point is that if you had not offered to help, this customer would have been ignored by your customer support or tech support staff.

Thank you for helping him, that is really wonderful and you didn't have to do that at all.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:13 AM   #34
Rookie

gofresno's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Please PM me your gamertag or PS3 ID and I'll see what I can do. There are a lot of Florida haters on the dev team so I might be able to play on their sympathy and get it changed (if it is possible).
so does this explain florida state being overrated all the time
Old 07-12-2009, 01:14 AM   #35
MVP

UATide's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofresno
so does this explain florida state being overrated all the time
LOL. Probably ...

This Is Alabama Football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2009, 01:27 AM   #36
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Fixed? I don't see anything broken. This is the intended behavior of the game. Your selection is permanent (and I know the guys who worked on SS went back and forth on this one for a while... I'm not going to speak to this design decision as I honestly never asked!).

We can control a lot of things with the game. What your friend does when you aren't looking isn't one of them!
To the last part, and this is not me being smart, just a real question here; What if you start it up and selecet a team and all that, and decide after that you dislike the feature? Are you stuck with it? Can we turn it off?

I don't have the game yet and this isn't a feature I see me liking, but I was willing to try it out. Especially if I had to cover it for OS with an article or something. If I know the situation is not reversable I will do my best to avoid it like the plague.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:33 AM   #37
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
To the last part, and this is not me being smart, just a real question here; What if you start it up and selecet a team and all that, and decide after that you dislike the feature? Are you stuck with it? Can we turn it off?

I don't have the game yet and this isn't a feature I see me liking, but I was willing to try it out. Especially if I had to cover it for OS with an article or something. If I know the situation is not reversable I will do my best to avoid it like the plague.
Obviously you can't turn it off or else the guy would have. You're stuck with it once you do it.

If you don't want stupid pop-ups that give you points for tackling a guy or punting, then don't sign up for it.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:39 AM   #38
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
Obviously you can't turn it off or else the guy would have. You're stuck with it once you do it.

If you don't want stupid pop-ups that give you points for tackling a guy or punting, then don't sign up for it.
I thought maybe you could turn it off but just not change teams any longer or something, hence my asking.

Also a round about way of getting to the point of how not smart it became to have this thing in general let alone have set up the way it is. I, however, didn't really wish to come at it that way. I am old enough to realize that just because something is not for me or my tastes doesn't mean it shouldn't exist, because someone may like it. It also doesn't mean it has to work half assed.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:55 AM   #39
Banned

I understand the logic behind not wanting people to swap teams on a whim, but throughout all the discussions not ONCE did "Hey, maybe somebody legitimately wants to switch teams for non-scam, non-exploiting reasons; what do they do?" come up?
Old 07-12-2009, 02:14 AM   #40
MVP

sooner1's Arena

OVR: 10

Thanks Adam I sent you a pm.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »