Home

Elite Speed, injuries on Heisman, and speed cheats? U tell me

This is a discussion on Elite Speed, injuries on Heisman, and speed cheats? U tell me within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2009, 04:56 PM   #1
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19
Elite Speed, injuries on Heisman, and speed cheats? U tell me

This isn't intended as an impression. I just want to give some information and show something and get feedback from you guys on it.

One thing that is really bugging me right now is that it seems like on Heisman level it loves to take away your best player. Or as the case may be, take ANY player from you in the opening moments.

I was just talking to Blaza Rep on the phone, a guy who has been around the forums forever. And we decided we wanted to see if the speed could still be a huge factor (which it should, right?).

So I tell him on the phone... I'm gonna take Jahvid Best (fastest RB in the game) and go against a crappy team with a D+ defense. Exhibition mode, Heisman level. Just Cal against a horrible team and see what he can do.

So I start up the first game. Three carries in, he's hurt. It's not game ending, but he's much slower. And obviously that speed is the whole point of why I was playing. I text Blaza that he got hurt and he replies "how appropriate." OK, hehe, nice coincidence. Restart.

Second game. Five carries in. Rib injury, needs x-rays, done for the game..

Third game. Three carries in. After Army kicks a field goal on me in super sim, Best receives the kickoff, and gets tackled. Broken wrist. Done for the game.

Fourth game. Four carries and out for the game.

Fifth game. vs. Army. Best finally stays healthy, only because the backup HB got the ball first on a kickoff return and was injured.

At this point I notice his speed is indeed dominant, but the last line of defense will get little nudges of speed in order to seal off angles for long gains. It plays very well and is fun, but when I watched the replay, I definitely think a lot of people would see this as a "speed cheat."

Let me know what you guys think. 97 speed Jahvid Best vs. 87 speed SS for Army. And watch for the little nudges

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2009, 05:05 PM   #2
Rookie

gogators's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Elite Speed, injuries on Heisman, and speed cheats? U tell me

Yeah I see like two little nudges where it just shifts the defender into a better spot. Heisman has always been cheap though. Like the CPU defense always knowing what play you call.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:07 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 17

I see the boosts, the speed cheat is probably there. I think the bigger issue is that was a horrible pursuit angle by the safety. Got to cut him off earlier
Old 07-12-2009, 05:08 PM   #4
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

Yeah there are actually three nudges. One more toward the middle of the run, and then two right at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State-31 UNC-27
I see the boosts, the speed cheat is probably there. I think the bigger issue is that was a horrible pursuit angle by the safety. Got to cut him off earlier
I'm not sure if you can tell from the angle of the replay. But that is the SS (lined up on the wrong side of the field to easily cut him off). He definitely took the best angle available heheheh. A little more than the best angle!
Old 07-12-2009, 05:08 PM   #5
Rookie

milmont77's Arena

OVR: 5

My comment is regarding injuries... i'm an online player primarily. I've played two games online and haven't had any drastic type injury scenarios. However... offline. I've played one game. Idaho vs. Boise State, rivalry. By the end of the first qtr I had knocked out two Boise State players and they had knocked out my star speedster WR, #22, Max Komar.... for the season. I shrugged it off and played it out. But after reading your comment about injuries, I'm concerned if star players are being targeted by the injury logic. that would make playing with a cupcake team nearly impossible

Ok, and I just watched your video. that's not cool to see the SS doing little speed warps to get an angle and/or catch up. no need for that.

Last edited by milmont77; 07-12-2009 at 05:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2009, 05:16 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 39

Just wow... Everything you have shared so far Hellisan has been very insightful..thank you (the option vids are ridiculous as well), and I can't believe how messed up some things appear to be in this game.

Now, I know the sliders are garbage, but isn't there one for injury & have you messed around with it yet? You should do the same test with the slider for injuries lowered and see what happens... otherwise this star-injury-cheat thing is just BS.

O, and the speed nudges are noticeable...just stupid really
Old 07-12-2009, 05:19 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 13

Heisman cheats a little in order to give a challenge.

Shocking, breaking news.

Get better, get over it, or go down to AA with sliders. Crying won't help.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:22 PM   #8
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Just wow... Everything you have shared so far Hellisan has been very insightful..thank you (the option vids are ridiculous as well), and I can't believe how messed up some things appear to be in this game.

Now, I know the sliders are garbage, but isn't there one for injury & have you messed around with it yet? You should do the same test with the slider for injuries lowered and see what happens... otherwise this star-injury-cheat thing is just BS.

O, and the speed nudges are noticeable...just stupid really
I'll check on the injury sliders dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
Heisman cheats a little in order to give a challenge.

Shocking, breaking news.

Get better, get over it, or go down to AA with sliders. Crying won't help.

Calm down there hoss. I pretty much only play on Heisman and the guys in my OD would tell you I do just fine for myself. i'm presenting information I'm not "crying."

edit: Here's something pretty funny. While playing in exhibition mode, my wife came home and needed help with the groceries. I put the controller down and forgot to press pause. While I was gone I got like -1000 season showdown points for UGA for delay of game penalties. Shouldn't that only count for online play? LOL

Last edited by Hellisan; 07-12-2009 at 05:25 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »