Home

Trying to settle a debate here about what is and isn't a cheese move

This is a discussion on Trying to settle a debate here about what is and isn't a cheese move within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2009, 11:48 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Trying to settle a debate here about what is and isn't a cheese move

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca
I beat him with strategy because he would spread his line out to let that guy do the speed loop so I would audible into up the middle runs for big yards go away from that guy etc.

But as I said I was concerned that he'd build an entire crew of ends that way, you can account and gameplan around 1, I don't know if I could do it with them on both sides.

I just felt it was a shady move, he didn't beat me doing it but I was like he has a RB/DE another end who was really fast who weighed 170lbs and he moved a 94 speed WR to TE.
Now the TE one may fall into my definition of cheese, because LB's are virtually unable to cover backs or TE's do to their animations. Didnt you say he was controlling the end? And besides, your gameplan would kill that anyways, he'd have no front line defense.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:49 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch
I think moving him to OLB would be a bit different, then you just sub him in on blitzes and that would even be more devastating since the OT would already be dealing with the DE leaving the OLB free to wreck havoc.
If only, the suction blocking would eat him up, that's why he has to move the end so far out, to avoid that animation.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:49 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by el bandolero
Well that concern should never flourish, unless it becomes NHL 09 and you can play with friends. Just roll your QB under the loop and throw quick passes, no one goes deep anyways. Or hit him with running plays at the end, when he frantically crashes in to stop it, bounce out. Although, it sounds like you figured out a way to handle it anyways, good job.
It's not that he could beat me with it, it's that when I'm told sim dynasty there are some things I don't expect to see.

And yes I did some of the things you pointed out he would loop in and I'd move up with the QB and he started bitching at me for my "QB movement"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2009, 11:52 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by el bandolero
Now the TE one may fall into my definition of cheese, because LB's are virtually unable to cover backs or TE's do to their animations. Didnt you say he was controlling the end? And besides, your gameplan would kill that anyways, he'd have no front line defense.
He moved around on who he'd pick alot of times he'd spread his line out and then pick the MLB I guess thinking that would get him a rush and he could play run.

He would also run a ton of no huddle and I know how everyone here felt about that, I think it was just a culmination of annoyances.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:52 AM   #13
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I think it's depends on the dynasty you're in. I'm sure that most of us would agree that it's cheese, but if it's not against the rules, then he can defend it all he wants. The trick is to get a good set of rules in place and you'll be fine.

In my OD, we have these position change rules:
Position Changes
PosNotes
QB: No Restrictions
RB: No Restrictions
FB: No Restrictions
WR: No restrictions
TE: Restricted

Weight restriction > 225 lbs

Speed restriction < 90
OL: No restrictions
DT: No Restrictions
DE: Restricted
NO Running Backs
OLB: No Restrictions
MLB: No Restrictions
DB: No restrictions
RET: Restricted

No Offensive Starters

Speed Restriction < 94

so, obviously, in my OD, this wouldn't be allowed. You guys should get together and vote on stuff like this and implement rules.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 07-13-2009, 11:55 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I think it's depends on the dynasty you're in. I'm sure that most of us would agree that it's cheese, but if it's not against the rules, then he can defend it all he wants. The trick is to get a good set of rules in place and you'll be fine.

In my OD, we have these position change rules:
Position Changes
PosNotes
QB: No Restrictions
RB: No Restrictions
FB: No Restrictions
WR: No restrictions
TE: Restricted

Weight restriction > 225 lbs

Speed restriction < 90
OL: No restrictions
DT: No Restrictions
DE: Restricted

NO Running Backs
OLB: No Restrictions
MLB: No Restrictions
DB: No restrictions
RET: Restricted

No Offensive Starters

Speed Restriction < 94

so, obviously, in my OD, this wouldn't be allowed. You guys should get together and vote on stuff like this and implement rules.
I'm just going to make sure this time when someone tells me it's a "sim" dynasty they really mean sim dynasty.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:56 AM   #15
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
I'm just going to make sure this time when someone tells me it's a "sim" dynasty they really mean sim dynasty.
If you want a sim dynasty, check here:
http://www.traditionfootball.com/offl/
and here:
http://www.traditionfootball.com/

Direct link to the new member forums for those 2.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2009, 12:40 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
He moved around on who he'd pick alot of times he'd spread his line out and then pick the MLB I guess thinking that would get him a rush and he could play run.

He would also run a ton of no huddle and I know how everyone here felt about that, I think it was just a culmination of annoyances.
So when he was controling the MLB, did the RB that he moved to DE have an impact?
If not, then I wouldn't really have a problem with it You can gameplan for when he's controlling the DE, and it would be a non factor when he wasn't.
Now if the RB moved to DE gets a better pass rush when not user controlled then that is cheese.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »