Home

Trying to settle a debate here about what is and isn't a cheese move

This is a discussion on Trying to settle a debate here about what is and isn't a cheese move within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2009, 11:35 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Trying to settle a debate here about what is and isn't a cheese move

So the time of year has rolled around where the new NCAA game is coming out...this is going to be mostly in reference to last years game but with new dynasties starting I want this cleared up now.

A player I have played against in the past feels moving a recruited RB to DE is not a cheese move, I told him that it is and so did another person I know. And he refuses to acknowledge it's a cheese move.

Generally there are defenses like "And quite frankly I don't see how that is different than how real teams do position changes. Real college football teams do this. Nobody has been able to adequately argue against that point. So, just drop it. This is going nowhere."

So what do you guys say? Signing a RB and moving him to DE, cheese move or not?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2009, 11:38 AM   #2
Chaos Theory

19's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Trying to settle a debate here about what is and isn't a cheese move

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca
So the time of year has rolled around where the new NCAA game is coming out...this is going to be mostly in reference to last years game but with new dynasties starting I want this cleared up now.

A player I have played against in the past feels moving a recruited RB to DE is not a cheese move, I told him that it is and so did another person I know. And he refuses to acknowledge it's a cheese move.

Generally there are defenses like "And quite frankly I don't see how that is different than how real teams do position changes. Real college football teams do this. Nobody has been able to adequately argue against that point. So, just drop it. This is going nowhere."

So what do you guys say? Signing a RB and moving him to DE, cheese move or not?
IMO, if you have to ask, it's cheese.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:39 AM   #3
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

Well this is how I feel, position changes prior to the start of the season I got no issue with just for the fact most natural RBs don't have the athletic ability to become a DE. I doubt that RB has the strength, and pass rushing moves to make that much of a difference. I bet that RB has high speed and acceleration and good agility.

I do think it's cheese for people to take a fast RB or WR and change him into a QB and just run around all day with him if that player who is now a QB has no passing attributes.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:39 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Honestly, there's a point where you just have to play the game. Unless the "infraction" makes it impossible for you to prevent/stop something, it is not really cheese. "Cheese" should be limited to just AI failures, where you can't combat the problem. If you can't handle a fast DE or Percy Harvin at QB (Does not include the running around in circles, that is cheese), you should head back to the drawing board.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:42 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch
Well this is how I feel, position changes prior to the start of the season I got no issue with just for the fact most natural RBs don't have the athletic ability to become a DE. I doubt that RB has the strength, and pass rushing moves to make that much of a difference. I bet that RB has high speed and acceleration and good agility.

I do think it's cheese for people to take a fast RB or WR and change him into a QB and just run around all day with him if that player who is now a QB has no passing attributes.
The guy had high speed, and acceleration but what he would do is every time I faced him, was he'd spread his line and pick that guy and get even wider with him and try to do the big speed loop. It was a real pain to face cause the guy had 90 speed.

I beat him when we played but it basically consisted of me having to run up the middle or every play away from that side of the field and sliding my line to that side or leaving guys in. I was concerned because if he had done it with another guy on the other side I'm not sure there would have been a way to do anything against him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2009, 11:45 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by el bandolero
Honestly, there's a point where you just have to play the game. Unless the "infraction" makes it impossible for you to prevent/stop something, it is not really cheese. "Cheese" should be limited to just AI failures, where you can't combat the problem. If you can't handle a fast DE or Percy Harvin at QB (Does not include the running around in circles, that is cheese), you should head back to the drawing board.
I beat him with strategy because he would spread his line out to let that guy do the speed loop so I would audible into up the middle runs for big yards go away from that guy etc.

But as I said I was concerned that he'd build an entire crew of ends that way, you can account and gameplan around 1, I don't know if I could do it with them on both sides.

I just felt it was a shady move, he didn't beat me doing it but I was like he has a RB/DE another end who was really fast who weighed 170lbs and he moved a 94 speed WR to TE.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:46 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
The guy had high speed, and acceleration but what he would do is every time I faced him, was he'd spread his line and pick that guy and get even wider with him and try to do the big speed loop. It was a real pain to face cause the guy had 90 speed.

I beat him when we played but it basically consisted of me having to run up the middle or every play away from that side of the field and sliding my line to that side or leaving guys in. I was concerned because if he had done it with another guy on the other side I'm not sure there would have been a way to do anything against him.
Well that concern should never flourish, unless it becomes NHL 09 and you can play with friends. Just roll your QB under the loop and throw quick passes, no one goes deep anyways. Or hit him with running plays at the end, when he frantically crashes in to stop it, bounce out. Although, it sounds like you figured out a way to handle it anyways, good job.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:46 AM   #8
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

I think moving him to OLB would be a bit different, then you just sub him in on blitzes and that would even be more devastating since the OT would already be dealing with the DE leaving the OLB free to wreck havoc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »