Home

Players with overall 59 and 94 speed.

This is a discussion on Players with overall 59 and 94 speed. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2009, 12:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 9
Players with overall 59 and 94 speed.

In last year's NCAA 09 .....

Played most of all last year on NCAA 09..... but I finally had it when in the online drafts all people were looking for were players with high SPEED ratings, OVERALL rating had no effect what so ever.

(even I had to ..to stay competitive... but then I decided this wasn't football anymore)

That is what online dynasties were made up of .... players that had extremely poor OVERALL ratings but had really high SPEED ratings.

So I noticed some of you were already playing NCAA 10 ......so could you fill me in and tell me this is not the case in NCAA 10?

I need to know OVERALL ratings count for something!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2009, 01:33 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Players with overall 59 and 94 speed.

speed will always reign supreme until there is an AI that actually takes awareness into account.

the only offensive positions where ratings matter seems to be OL.

low rated AWR players on offense should have assignment busts left and right so it's a huge gamble to put them in the game.

defensively i kind of look at it like this. on heisman all of my CPU controlled players will play ******** so i might as well have fast ******s that can make up for being horribly out of position every single play.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:34 PM   #3
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

That means other ratings, like catching and ball control SUCKS! So just.....

Hit stick!
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Old 07-13-2009, 01:37 PM   #4
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapStar215
That means other ratings, like catching and ball control SUCKS! So just.....

Hit stick!
Exactly. As in real life, fast is fast no matter what. But being a track star can't make up for no hands, a 32 in strength, and no awareness. Knock that fast no catching fool out. haha
Old 07-13-2009, 01:42 PM   #5
Rookie

smokeyvol's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabarneyphife
In last year's NCAA 09 .....

Played most of all last year on NCAA 09..... but I finally had it when in the online drafts all people were looking for were players with high SPEED ratings, OVERALL rating had no effect what so ever.

(even I had to ..to stay competitive... but then I decided this wasn't football anymore)

That is what online dynasties were made up of .... players that had extremely poor OVERALL ratings but had really high SPEED ratings.

So I noticed some of you were already playing NCAA 10 ......so could you fill me in and tell me this is not the case in NCAA 10?

I need to know OVERALL ratings count for something!
Sleep well.... Speed does not kill in '10. Over-all rating does mean a lot more this year. We ran a short dynasty to test things out...Fastest I saw was a 4.28+/- (and there was only 2 to 4 guys like that)

I feel comfortable this year recruiting a power-back! Last year they were useless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2009, 01:50 PM   #6
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziza9Noles94
Exactly. As in real life, fast is fast no matter what. But being a track star can't make up for no hands, a 32 in strength, and no awareness. Knock that fast no catching fool out. haha
There has been a lot of track stars in the pass years that have when to NFL rookie camps, to try out. And they were one of the first to be cut. Because they have NO football skill, just speed.
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Old 07-13-2009, 02:47 PM   #7
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeyvol
Sleep well.... Speed does not kill in '10. Over-all rating does mean a lot more this year. We ran a short dynasty to test things out...Fastest I saw was a 4.28+/- (and there was only 2 to 4 guys like that)

I feel comfortable this year recruiting a power-back! Last year they were useless.
What did you do to test this?

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:51 PM   #8
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
What did you do to test this?
Yeah, I'm also a little curious.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »