Home

Why do people play online ranked games versus random people?

This is a discussion on Why do people play online ranked games versus random people? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2009, 06:35 PM   #17
Rookie

Deathblooms's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Why do people play online ranked games versus random people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcopenhagenh
Competition.

To me Online Dynasties are just as boring as having to play an offline dynasty. People just aren't good at this game anymore and all EA does is keep making the game easier and easier. I haven't played in an OD where there is any real competition.

I hate when I hear people throw cheese around so loosely. There is no such thing as cheese. One person may decide to play the game differently than you. They wasted $60.00 on another bad game so let them play it anyway they see.

No such thing as cheese? that's laughable. Example: When you lose a game to someone who plays the game the way it is supposed to be played, afterwards you will usually send a good game message to the guy even though you lost.

When you play someone who abuses the exploits of the game and they beat you you want to send them messages full of profanity and violence lol. Heck sometimes even when I beat a cheeser I want to cuss them out. And don't say if you can't stop it then it is your fault because that is bs.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:40 PM   #18
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDRZA
Simply put: COMPETITION.

I have never, ever played a single game vs. the CPU in any sports game. Defeats the whole purpose for me. I don't care about pricing hot dogs, drafting fake players, or rushing for 4,000 yds vs. the CPU. Just boring to me.

I play these games for the human element, the competition. I hate "cheese" too, but if you play your game, stick to it, make adjustments, anything can be countered. Just love the competiton.
I am a HUGE competitor, but I guess video games don't get my competitive juices flowing. Well if I'm playing somebody in my OD for a conference championship there's a little more on the plate than a ranked online game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathblooms
No such thing as cheese? that's laughable. Example: When you lose a game to someone who plays the game the way it is supposed to be played, afterwards you will usually send a good game message to the guy even though you lost.

When you play someone who abuses the exploits of the game and they beat you you want to send them messages full of profanity and violence lol. Heck sometimes even when I beat a cheeser I want to cuss them out. And don't say if you can't stop it then it is your fault because that is bs.
I hear you man haha...I would just quit within a minute if they roll out to the sideline. I'm not wasting my time with that stuff!

Old 07-13-2009, 06:51 PM   #19
Fum police

ndeezlo's Arena

OVR: 31

Honestly, I just want to play games, if someone from here is on I may see if they want a game but I do that rarely. Other then Online Dynasty last year (of which I got in 2 games I think before my internet went haywire) the last time I remember playing someone from here in anything other then UFC was College Hoops 2k8 and that was only one game. I don't know why I do that though.

Kid Rock, "I'm the catalyst for everything."

Tumblred
Old 07-13-2009, 06:53 PM   #20
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

Like someone else said, you want to see how you stack up against ever style random styles. And to me it's pure adrenaline rush. I never play against the computer either, it's all about taking my game online.
Cheesers do suck but most are not that hard to beat once your learn there 2 favorite plays. But I really hope madden 2010 gets rid of the abuse of the roll-out mobile QB's every play.
What sucks to me more than cheesers are the people in online that quit when you are winning. I really hope Madden penalizes quitting or disconnections severely. Like giving your next online opponent the chance to make one of your starters injured if you quit the game before.
The best of the best play out there in ranked quick matches and I've found even some with losing records can be a HANDFUL.

question is for you "not being sarcastic at all" well actually I am, is,why do you pose like a gansta in your avatar... ? :P

Last edited by xylocaine; 07-13-2009 at 06:56 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:57 PM   #21
Fum police

ndeezlo's Arena

OVR: 31

Pretty sure that's a rapper. Atmosphere, I think. Stewaat is in love with him and Hilary Duff.

Kid Rock, "I'm the catalyst for everything."

Tumblred
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2009, 08:26 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
Please enlighten me. Not being sarcastic at all I just can't see why people do it. Maybe somebody will pop in here and give me a reason I understand.
Weeeell I don't have tooo many friends that play NCAA...actually I think it's only 1...the other few play Madden. But I play online due to a lack of options but it's cool for different looks as well. When Madden comes out we usually get together and there may be some "friendly" wagers placed on games so i play some people online to get new ideas, etc. But at the end of the day I'm a born competitor and will compete in anything from Uno to Madden so it's fun to me. But one thing I have learned is it's some WEIRD people on this planet. The things people say and the messages that are passed back and forth are priceless.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:30 PM   #23
Rookie

milmont77's Arena

OVR: 5

aside from the occassional guy who is running boring hurry up offense and going for it on 4th down, there's some good games to be had in play now. I do it all the time. If i run into a SIM player, we both usually acknowledge each other after the game with a "GG" message and beome "friends".

Also.. as an intelligent defensive play caller, there is a ton of satisfaction in using specific play calling strategy to unhinge the cheeseballs. Take away their scrambles and they are useless
Old 07-13-2009, 09:12 PM   #24
Rookie

bigwig's Arena

OVR: 2

Because of the challenge and I especially love the fulfillment to beat one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »