Home

Team Prestige in NCAA Football 10

This is a discussion on Team Prestige in NCAA Football 10 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2009, 04:03 PM   #33
Rookie

shmoeco's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Team Prestige in NCAA Football 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsquigg
Really not trying to stir it up, but based on the big picture, I think a 3 is about right for MSU. UM had a horrible season last year, so don't think you can get out of a thought through response with using that as an insult, but I think it says a lot about MSU's season when they lose 4 games including a bowl, and think it's a good season. I know you finally beat Michigan, but other than that, it was kind of a mediocre year. Outside of the fact that all MSU fans will probably flame me now, I'd like to know how they think this year and the future will go for their program. As it is now, I think a 3 is about right.
Everyone beat Michigan last year
Old 07-13-2009, 04:03 PM   #34
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucepoppi17
HA! U just named all OL....maybe if UVA put out playmakers as first round talent then i could understand, but come on now.....
Last time I checked, offensive linemen are football players too.

The Cavaliers notwithstanding, my point is that the Prestige system is far too simplified and this portion of Dynasty mode ought to be fleshed out a bit to further differentiate the various programs, coaches, etc.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:04 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 13

Here's what I don't understand. If ND and UM are 6* (which I agree with), how come if they have a bad season or two in the game, their prestige rating drops?

Re: MSU, I could see 3 or 4*. Personally, would have us at a 4 based on national recognition. But historically (since the 5-s and 60s glory years), we have been as average as it gets.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2009, 04:04 PM   #36
six
Banned

OVR: 6

Um why are pathetic Big east programs like Rutgers and UL 4 stars? Rutgers has been to like 5 bowls ever. I will UL some credit as they have been to 13 bowl games I believe but they have been awful the last two seasons. My main beef is they play in an awful conference that doesn't deserve a BCS bid anyways.

I'm a Kentucky fan and UK has been to 5 bowls the past 10 years and yet we are a three star along with the likes of Ole Miss(who has won a national championship), South Carolina, in the SEC. Now I'm not necessarily saying UK, Ole Miss or SC should be 4 stars, but Rutgers and UL being so is a huge joke since the SEC is so much tougher than the big least.

Also, Michigan State has a better resume than all of the SEC teams I Just talked about and the two big east schools...so I gotta agree with Michigan State fans on their beef.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:05 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsquigg
Really not trying to stir it up, but based on the big picture, I think a 3 is about right for MSU. UM had a horrible season last year, so don't think you can get out of a thought through response with using that as an insult, but I think it says a lot about MSU's season when they lose 4 games including a bowl, and think it's a good season. I know you finally beat Michigan, but other than that, it was kind of a mediocre year. Outside of the fact that all MSU fans will probably flame me now, I'd like to know how they think this year and the future will go for their program. As it is now, I think a 3 is about right.
Well let me first say do you honestly believe that Michigan should be a 6 star program at this point. I'm alright with it, i suppose, but current success obviously has little to do with these prestige ratings. I believe a 5 star for Michigan would be good for this year. I would like to know what a Michigan fan thinks about that.

As far as MSU I am dissapointed in the 3 star but I can see it being justified as a 3 or 4. Our recruiting classes are getting better every year, had a top 20 class this year by most publications ratings. And have gotten 3 ESPN150's so far this recruiting year. We have consistently been winning more and more games every year under Dantonio, so its just tough to see us progressing as a program in real life and then it not showing in this game at all

Last edited by BBkobe87; 07-13-2009 at 04:07 PM. Reason: typed now instead of not kind of threw off my point
Old 07-13-2009, 04:05 PM   #38
Rookie

greenhead's Arena

OVR: 1

Alabama a 6 star? What a joke. They had one good season. They have a losing record 5 of their last 6 years, thanks to the fact they keep cheating and keep getting caught.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:05 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahman19
Dude.... not even I will say Utah is a 6-star program. Of course, a down year for Utah has been 8-5, a down year for Penn State is 3-9.

I will also say I don't think Bama is a 6-star program... yet. See what Saban does in the next two years and then we can talk. Prestige is more than just history and tradition, it's also what have you done lately. I feel good saying Utah and Boise (and TCU, too) have been just as good if not better in the last decade than Penn State and several other BCS schools.

Combining the history and the here-and-now into the prestige rating is why I am fine with Utah and Boise being on equal prestige footing as Penn State, Nebraska, Tennessee, and others.
Whats tough to determine is a reference point or a base for these.. Is it weighted in favor of tradition, or more like you said with recent history? I think the teams with more tradition should have it easier to go up in prestige than down.

Teams like Utah should have it the other way.. Being harder to move up, but with one bad season they move down a star or 2 just because they lack that "historical cushion".
Old 07-13-2009, 04:05 PM   #40
MVP

deucepoppi17's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
Last time I checked, offensive linemen are football players too.

The Cavaliers notwithstanding, my point is that the Prestige system is far too simplified and this portion of Dynasty mode ought to be fleshed out a bit to further differentiate the various programs, coaches, etc.
I wish we could edit all teams prestige before starting a dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »