Home

ARRRGH...This CAMERA is giving me HEADACHES

This is a discussion on ARRRGH...This CAMERA is giving me HEADACHES within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2009, 11:54 PM   #33
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: ARRRGH...This CAMERA is giving me HEADACHES

still prefer the old camera but this one is better in the retail version than the demo.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:39 AM   #34
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami
I dont mind the new CAM so much when it pans to follow the action towards the sidelines but what I dont like is how it reacts on simple runs up the middle in traffic...When a player bounces off of a tackler or makes a move, the camera will keep recentering itself to follow the ballcarrier and it results in this jittery choppiness. So I think they need to simply tweak it and tone that down for their patch and also include the 2009 Camas an option as some others have suggested. Btw, what is the EA reasoning for only having 1 single CAM in the game when all other sports titles including EA Sports games, do have multiple CAMs that players can choose from?...What is there reasoning for this?

And speaking of a patch, I just think it's absolutely rediculous and unacceptable that a game needs a patch immediately after launch AND to address a problem (Sliders) that was a recognized issue in last year's game!....How do they get away with this?

Im very annoyed at this...How was this something that wasnt 1st on their priority list to fix for 2010 even before all the other added features????

Wholeheartedly agree. For this to be not addressed is complete BS
Old 07-15-2009, 01:09 AM   #35
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Add me to the list of people who despise the new camera. This wouldn't matter if we had the OPTION of switching to the old one. Why does EA not give us options? OPTIONS make the game less stale, which this game definitely has a feeling of all around.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 01:10 AM   #36
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

I have to gripes about the new camera. When you zoom out pre-play, it takes forever for the camera to re-adjust and sometimes the ball is snapped while everything is still zoomed out.

Secondly, if the QB runs, it's almost impossible to get a good angle on him because the camera changes angles when he passes the line of scrimmage.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Old 07-15-2009, 01:30 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 6

is it just me or does not being able to see receivers running outs or the edges of the field when passing really really annoying
Old 07-15-2009, 01:35 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaIrish
I'm thinking some people don't get the problem here.

I can't even play most first-person shooters because they make me physically nauseous.

This new camera angle, at least in the demo, comes dangerously close to replicating that.
Same reason I never played FPS's too. But if you play it and take breaks you get immune to it.

COD Modern Warfare I felt quezzy for the 1st few days but then the more i played the more i adjusted.

I enjoy the new cam but do think they should have left the old cam angle in as an option. (barring it didnt cause huge bugs). Having options is usually never bad.

Last edited by Ruffy; 07-15-2009 at 01:38 AM.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:15 AM   #39
Banned

Tarheel's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by aciatti
I'm just a little surprised that they don't give you any options on various camera angles. Its not like it hasn't been in every sports game in the last 12 years or extremely easy to implement. There are a lot of things I like about this year's game as opposed to the past, but the fact that you can't change cameras is a prime example of why people complain about this series: easily fixed things that go untouched year after year.
This is really the root of the issue.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:43 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 5

any chance that EA can at least add in the PATCH the default NCAA 2009 CAM as an another option for the player to select?

I think this would help me and (probablly alot of others that are having problems adjusting to the new CAM)

I agree with what someone else said about how unpolished it looks especially on running plays up the middle. Its like when your RB jukes, the camera will also juke and everytime the player bumps into a lineman or defender, the camera also makes these choppy annoying bumps that ruins the fluid feel of the gameplay

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »