Home

Game Doesn't Work ...

This is a discussion on Game Doesn't Work ... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2009, 01:05 AM   #1
Rookie

zrowe's Arena

OVR: 3
Game Doesn't Work ...

So after reading OS boards religiously for the last couple of weeks i decided to drive down to my local wal-mart to buy the game. I go home and decide to install the game to my 360's HD because i was planning on playing all night. Long story short, my game installs half way with an error message saying the game is dirty or damage. After three failed attempts i tired playing without installing to the HD. I get passed the EA HD screen and the NCAA game trailer only for it to freeze on me. What makes me upset the most is that walmart only had 12 copies of the game for the 360, 6 for the ps3 and zero ps2 copies. I was third in line out of 25 people. So needless to say not everyone got the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 01:17 AM   #2
Banned

WisconsinSports414's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Game Doesn't Work ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrowe
So after reading OS boards religiously for the last couple of weeks i decided to drive down to my local wal-mart to buy the game. I go home and decide to install the game to my 360's HD because i was planning on playing all night. Long story short, my game installs half way with an error message saying the game is dirty or damage. After three failed attempts i tired playing without installing to the HD. I get passed the EA HD screen and the NCAA game trailer only for it to freeze on me. What makes me upset the most is that walmart only had 12 copies of the game for the 360, 6 for the ps3 and zero ps2 copies. I was third in line out of 25 people. So needless to say not everyone got the game.
I don't understand...maybe you can explain to me...What exactly is the point of installing games to the 360 HD? What benefit is there? And, why would you bother doing it for a brand, spanking new game right out of the box?
Old 07-14-2009, 01:19 AM   #3
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinSports414
I don't understand...maybe you can explain to me...What exactly is the point of installing games to the 360 HD? What benefit is there? And, why would you bother doing it for a brand, spanking new game right out of the box?
So you don't melt your xbox, scratch up the dvd and it reduces loading times.

To answer the OPs problems your HD might be dying. Might want to RMA it to Microsoft.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:32 AM   #4
Rookie

zrowe's Arena

OVR: 3

This is the first time this has ever happened. I tired to play the game without the HD even attached to the 360 and no luck. The game freezes every time at the copyright loading screen before the crabtree press start screen. Very frustrated! I've even put in other games and they work fine. Talk about having bad luck.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:33 AM   #5
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Hard disc access faster than DVD-ROM access. Faster load times, faster data transfer in game, less wear and tear on DVD drive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 01:35 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Noise
Old 07-14-2009, 01:38 AM   #7
Banned

WisconsinSports414's Arena

OVR: 9

Thanks goes out to the people who answered my question. I had been wondering about that for a little while...seems useful, although after what happened to the OP, I don't know if I'm gonna risk it with NCAA 10.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:39 AM   #8
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Game Doesn't Work ....

Quote:
Thanks goes out to the people who answered my question. I had been wondering about that for a little while...seems useful, although after what happened to the OP, I don't know if I'm gonna risk it with NCAA 10.
From a dirty disc perspective, you're actually better off with the game installed to the HD, as then disc access doesn't even come in to play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »