Home

Well, so much for those of us who are waiting....

This is a discussion on Well, so much for those of us who are waiting.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2009, 03:40 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Well, so much for those of us who are waiting....

Quote:
Originally Posted by knyght
Question:

If you aren't buying the game, why should EA listen to you? You aren't a paying customer.
I've bought the game every year until now and apparently they haven't listened to me before or anyone else who is doing the smart thing and holding out this year. Not buying is the only way they will listen. They have no reason to work hard and make big improvements in this game if everyone is going to buy no matter what. That is why we have a game that is only marginally better than 2007 right now.

I am confident though that with the amount of people I have seen, not only on this site, but other sites as well saying they aren't purchasing new this year that we will get some improvements next year. Last year you just saw a few people here and there complain, but everyone still bought it anyway because of online dynastys, and the people who complained were generally ragged and told to leave the board by other people. This year, however, you are seeing more and more people complain and lot's of people agreeing with them. Even the people who bought the game anyway generally agree the game is getting stale. I'm an Auburn fan and am a member of their scout inside message board and there was a thread on this game, and for the most part everyone that posted on there said this was the first year they weren't buying the game. So I think we are going to see sales impacted. They are still going to make money of course, but it might be enough to let them know hey, if we don't do something we might lose a lot of customers next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 03:45 PM   #42
MVP

kt-od's Arena

OVR: 24

I passed on getting 09 and I will do the same for 10. The Show is holding me over until Madden.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:22 PM   #43
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-od
I passed on getting 09 and I will do the same for 10. The Show is holding me over until Madden.
Amen on the Show. Same here.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:50 PM   #44
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I try to wait every year for the reason that it takes a week or two for a good set of roster to be completed. I have bought this game every year since 99 I think, may have been 98. As a older gamer (29yrs old) I enjoy it for what it is, a video game. I'm just glad we have come a long ways from the Tecmo Bowl days. When I was younger I would buy 10-15 games a year, but now that I'm married with a 9mth old I only buy 1-3 games a year. NCAA is always one of those games. I had no problem with last years game. The pass rush was there once I learned that you could not just run past every tackle like in years past. The presentation thing is something I would like more of but only players running on to the field and real looking players on the sidelines. Like a back-up QB holding a clipboard and a headset on. I only wait on roster and nothing else. I like to see how others feel about the games that is why I visit this site but never base my opinion on another persons opinion. That is the great thing about freedom is one can think and feel how one wants.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:59 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 1

This game is puuuuure garbage. I wish I would have passed on it, but I sold it to a friend of mine for the price I paid minus the tax.

I agree...MLB 09: The Show is a real sports game. Keep me busy til Madden and I am still on the fence with that one. I think the next EA game I buy will be FIFA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 06:08 PM   #46
Rookie

ClemsonTiger81's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsufoley
This game is puuuuure garbage. I wish I would have passed on it, but I sold it to a friend of mine for the price I paid minus the tax.

I agree...MLB 09: The Show is a real sports game. Keep me busy til Madden and I am still on the fence with that one. I think the next EA game I buy will be FIFA.

OK, if you are going to say its puuuuuuuuuuure garbage back it up. Why is it pure garbage? This game is better than any Madden on any system in terms of gameplay. Damn, everyone has become a bunch of primadonnas. Last time I checked the reason we buy sports games is the gameplay, and the controls. This games has that in spades. So you want the CBS crew Greg Gumble and Co. for SEC games and NBC crew for Notre Dame home games and ABC for every Southern Cal vs. weak Pac 10 game? Wow! Our expectations just keep jumping. We bitch about gameplay and EA fixes that, then we throw something else right back in their face before the game even has time to go in our systems. Man, some of us "babies" really need to decide what they want. Sounds like a bunch of whining to me. I like this game a lot. I had a chance to get it back on July 8th and it has no dissapointed me a all. Online games are great. Exhibition games are great. Dynasty mode is good, not great, TEAMBUILDER is awesome and Season Showdown gives every game a purpose. But, in true fashion, EA can never get it right? Grow up people and make your minds up. Wuold you like to have your precious fluff, 4 different announce crews but the controls are whack? Of course you would, right? After all, we buy sports games not forthe gameplay and the actual playing of the sport, we buy them for John Saunders halftime reports and College GameDay post game reports and pregame reports and because the band music in the game sounds so great. As long as the fluff is good the gameplay can suck. Then we are all happy
Old 07-14-2009, 06:36 PM   #47
Rookie

CurryStorm's Arena

I remember being on here last year and seeing everyone saying how bad the gameplay was and "I wish they'd stop adding all this extra stuff and just fix the gameplay."

Well, it seems that the gameplay is the best it's been in years and now the same people are saying, "Why did they only fix the gameplay, why didn't they add any extra stuff?"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »