Home

Sportsmanship problem

This is a discussion on Sportsmanship problem within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2009, 06:44 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 20
Re: Sportsmanship problem

My SS crap isn't counting anything I do at all.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:57 AM   #10
Rookie

3nDAmornin's Arena

OVR: 6

Also you should offer you opponent mercy, if you are online of course. You get about 20 points for that.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:59 AM   #11
Rookie

Dynamite's Arena

OVR: 8

This is the worst example of a gimmick that I've ever seen.

The idea was pure, I guess, attempting to encourage "sim" play, but the gameplay at it's core is so broken that it doesn't matter. When you don't penalize a player for rolling out and throwing 20 times in a row, then it's not going to matter, because they're not going to stop doing what works. The cheesers online don't care about points, and they really have a belief that they just have figured the game out and are just that good.

I just played a guy who was using ND (of course, one of the only 15-20 schools that people use online), and he essentially went hurry up all game, running it to the outside using quick cuts, when I started stopping that, he went to the full house cheese where he would roll out, hit Armando Allen in the flat, or roll out to the sideline and run up field. I could get no pass rush, no coverage would make sure that Allen or some receiver didn't break free after 4 seconds of running the QB down...pure cheese offense that is rewarded.

Same with going for it on 4th. If you're team is going for it on fourth, there should be some risk involved besides the losing the ball. You should have a massive hit to your sportsmanship, and possibly get a label that shows you as 'one of those' kinds of players. Right now this sportsmanship point thing is ineffectual and it's not going to help the online experience in the slightest at this point.
Our purchasing power is being eroded. So especially now, the goods must be held to a standard. We end up happier as consumers, and the companies get a clear message: "We won't tolerate sub-par goods." It's a shame, no one cares to speak with their wallet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 10:46 AM   #12
Rookie

Deathblooms's Arena

OVR: 2

I though we were going to be able to see our opponents sportsmanship rating before we played someone? How are we supposed to tell if the guy goes for it on every 4th down etc.?
Old 07-14-2009, 11:11 AM   #13
Rookie

striker3771's Arena

OVR: 10

I don't play randoms online. But they should've used Season Showdown to take away ranking points (leaderboard) off these cheesers instead.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:23 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

That easy if someone played 30 games and they got one or two in the sportsmanship rating then 9/10 times hes a ***. Out 30 plus games they went 3 and out two times. And to the guy that was up 50-17 man chew the clock you going to win the you scored 50 in first half win by 1 or 100 win is a win may god thats the **** that make playing online **** up as you see you are a better play that guy you was playing
Old 07-14-2009, 11:33 AM   #15
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

I don't have this game, but am thinking about getting it cuz of the talk that the gameplay is very good. My question is tho, are you able to see the guys sportsmanship points before you actually start the game? If not, then what's the point of having them?

All you would have to do then is look at that, and ppl wil negative scores or very very low scored and lots of games played, just wouldn't ever play those guys. I like the idea if it works like that. where you can see the other guys score.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 12:02 PM   #16
Rookie

Deathblooms's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity120
I don't have this game, but am thinking about getting it cuz of the talk that the gameplay is very good. My question is tho, are you able to see the guys sportsmanship points before you actually start the game? If not, then what's the point of having them?

All you would have to do then is look at that, and ppl wil negative scores or very very low scored and lots of games played, just wouldn't ever play those guys. I like the idea if it works like that. where you can see the other guys score.

^this

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »