Home

Sportsmanship problem

This is a discussion on Sportsmanship problem within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2009, 02:58 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Sportsmanship problem

Hey all,

Just got the game at midnight, and am loving it so far. I've run across one thing that I would consider a serious problem though, and that's the Sportsmanship aspect of Season Showdown.

I'm Notre Dame, up 52-17 early in the 3rd on Iowa (everything is going my way. Everything. I got killed by Michigan earlier).

EVERY SINGLE TIME I PASS THE BALL I get -50 for "Running It Up." Every time. Doesn't matter if it's 3rd and 15, I'm expected to run the ball.

This isn't cool. I'm now well into the negatives for my Irish, just because I've thrown three times in the second half. I'm not trying to run up the score - I'm trying to get first downs to eat clock.

So, warning to all – if you are winning by a few touchdowns in the second half, don't throw. Ever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 03:01 AM   #2
Rookie

lousakapolite's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Sportsmanship problem

Think Ill choose OU and run up the score on everyone
Old 07-14-2009, 03:02 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lousakapolite
Think Ill choose OU and run up the score on everyone
LMFAO. That'd be hilarious, although you'd have to pick OU as "your" team and you can't change that, ever...
Old 07-14-2009, 03:07 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomLord
I'm Notre Dame, up 52-17 early in the 3rd on Iowa (everything is going my way. Everything.
Simply impossible..

Quote:
So, warning to all – if you are winning by a few touchdowns in the second half, don't throw. Ever.
Or dont sign up for Season Showdown presented by Coke Zero in the first place
Old 07-14-2009, 03:09 AM   #5
Rookie

[quote=BORN4CORN;2039824128]
Quote:
Simply impossible..
I agree. I had a hard time choosing which team to represent –*ND or Iowa. I'm a lifelong Irish fan, but live 10 minutes from Kinnick now (moved here 3 years ago) and love the Hawks, too.

I've got 3 defensive TDs and a lot of lucky breaks. Game is much closer than the score shows.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 03:24 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Or dont sign up for Season Showdown presented by Coke Zero in the first place
Just need to say... That should not be an option. EA touted this great new thing, which I think is really really cool and a lot of fun, but they broke part of it to where you shouldn't even sign up to do it if you want to actually play football?

I understand if there were 2 minutes left... I shouldn't be throwing, even on 3rd and 8. But this was two minutes into the second half, and I tried to pick up a first down. Wasn't a bomb - was a five yard crossing route.

I hope this gets patched. I just played the last 16 minutes of my game running the ball on every single play. Boring, but it had the right effect - I scored 6 points in the second half, and won 58-22.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:10 AM   #7
Rookie

yea i had that probalme my first game or 2. i was negative 190 in sportsmanship at one point.in the second half u must run the ball if ur up by 3 or more tds. u can run for tds but u must run no passing.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:37 AM   #8
Rookie

Bucknut17's Arena

OVR: 5

I had a problem with it the first game or 2, just turn chew clock on run the ball and punt it away on 4th u actually will pick up sportsmanship points 5 or ten for chewing clock and at the end taking knees gets you 5 or 10, got the game thursday and was up to level 7 sportsmanship b4 ea reset it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »