Home

Twelve Ways to Improve Dynasty Mode

This is a discussion on Twelve Ways to Improve Dynasty Mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2009, 02:50 PM   #57
XB1 GT: Cubone Jones

Cubone_Jones's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Twelve Ways to Improve Dynasty Mode

I made a list of my own that I posted HERE.

Hope you guys enjoy.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:36 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 7
it would be awesome to be able to upgrade certain facilities like the Stadium, Weight Room, Practice Field, Etc. depending upon how much money your school is making via the football program Also throw in a Tim Tebow every once and a while the recruiting seems to have set rating if i get the #1 recruit he seems to always be 84-86 why not have an immediate superstar once upon a lucky day and ADD POTENTIAL i'm sick of no one under a 5 star rating turning out great where are the Steven Jacksons, Steve Smith's, and other 3 stars that turn into amazing players
Old 07-19-2009, 07:33 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 37

Some great ideas here. I personally would be content to see FCS, editable playbooks, formation subs, and pre/post game show back. Add those to 2010 and I will never leave the couch

Now, one thing to keep in mind is that we must be careful what we wish for. A.D. Mode sounds interesting but if you take away my abilities to schedule whatever team I want and where, that will have a negative impact on my gaming experience. I want to see more in-depth dynasty BUT I don't want to lose any abilities I currently have. Coaching carousels, and stadium editors are excellent, but don't take away the power for me to formulate my "perfect" schedule. Just my 2 cents...
Old 07-19-2009, 10:41 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 3
OC/DC is somthing i wished for in the last 2 wishlist...but still nothing...some of these points written are valid...but one thing I hate EA for doing is removing the amount of coach options that were in the game...seriously...what happen to the digital coaches...I loved seen my coach get mad because of a stupid play...there are so manythings that need to be fixed with this game its not even funny...lets hope this years wishlist they start working on now...
Old 07-20-2009, 10:46 PM   #61
Banned

The Profici3nt's Arena

well the budgets in Ncaa will be awesome for example if your FIU (a bad team) an you start building your school an it will be sick if you can sign contracts to nike, adidas, under armour! an the richer your team gets the better you can im prove your athletic facilities, acdemic's (buy books or something) stadium! an there is alot of other things but stadium will be sick that you can actually add on the stadium an "SEE" the changes!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 07:15 AM   #62
Rookie

I have been asking for these things for years. Great writeup. I hope EA listens but I doubt it.

EA could easily set up a customization feature that would be able to satisfy the crowd that wants a more simplified dynasty experience. (auto recruiting yes/no, coaching vacancies pool on/off, ...etc) Just make it as deep or as shallow as the user wants.

The only other feature that I have been wanting would be facility upgrades and stadium expansions. Both could be included in the budgeting portion though. You spend the money you get from bowl games / OOC games on those items. The main reason I want those is because it is such a huge part of real life recruiting.

The problem with EA is that they aren't really clear on what their goal is. Are they trying to create a simulation of watching a football game / playing a football game / or the entire college football experience? It seems like they kind of flounder between the ideas and we end up with this mixed bag that we have now.

Ultimately, they have the exclusive rights and we probably won't be getting any significant upgrade until sales start to suffer. Since football fans are so loyal and this game helps pass the time until kickoff, sales probably won't decline significantly enough anytime soon.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:06 AM   #63
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

If the NCAA team was serious about making a truly great dynasty mode all they have to do is play a few years of college hoops 2k8. Coaching changes, Adding attributes to your created coach, hiring 2 assistants, great weekly shows, It even gives you the option to start as any team you want to or start as a small school where you have to build from the ground up. This is the best dynasty mode I have ever played and still do to this day. There is nothing wrong with getting some ideas from a game that has fallen victim to exclusive rights.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:14 AM   #64
Rookie

And don't forget recruiting violations. 2K8 did that very well. Something like that should be included in Dynasty mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »