Home

Game planning

This is a discussion on Game planning within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2009, 05:02 PM   #1
Rookie

BCScreamingEagles's Arena

OVR: 5
Game planning

This is a great feature but I am having trouble figuring out the best to use in certain situations. If some of you could all just give planning tips and how they work. like saying aggressive for such an such a tactic and why that works and is a good choice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 05:12 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Game planning

When you're ahead you want to be conservative on offense and protect the ball and limit penalties. Now I would just turn the blocking stuff to normal but catching and running I would switch to conservative to protect the ball. If you need a big play I would obviously switch it to all aggressive. Now something I have been doing is let's say it's the last play of the half or game or 3rd and L or 4th and L and I know I'm going to throw a route deep, or to the marker. I will switch the catching to conservative to give a better chance of the catch because the YAC is not that important in the situation. Defense I believe is where the gameplanning will be good, giving your coverages different looks even though they are the same. If a person is killing you with short routes play your zone coverage aggressive to get underneath the routes. If you are facing a speedy receiver and you have slow DBs then you would want to play normal or conservative to prevent him getting behind your secondary. All the other setting I would just base on if you need a turnover or not or if you just want to disrupt a lot of plays. That is how I use game planning. Maybe this will help you some.

If I'm playing a bad team, I will be aggressive and try to get after them as well.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:14 PM   #3
Rookie

Wow great reply thanks
Old 07-14-2009, 05:17 PM   #4
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Basically......if you losing the game and time is running out, you would want you defense to be more aggressive towards getting INT's and stripping the ball.

If you want bigger running lanes, have your offense hold their block longer.

So what ever you are in need of, be more aggressive in that area. However being aggressive ALL game long can back fire on you. Because then you will start giving up big plays on defense if you aggressively having your team go for the turn over instead of TACKLING.

Or you offensive line might get called for holding more if you aggressively going for bigger running lanes.

I basically leave everything at normal for the 1st half and then make my adjustments for the second half.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:24 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson

I basically leave everything at normal for the 1st half and then make my adjustments for the second half.
This is a good idea I think I may try this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 06:08 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

So far, everyone I have played online has had EVERYTHING on aggressive for the entire game. Annoying really.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:16 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops737
So far, everyone I have played online has had EVERYTHING on aggressive for the entire game. Annoying really.
Wow I could see how this would get old quick too bad you don't get negative sportsmanship for this
Old 07-14-2009, 06:24 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops737
I don't see why that's too annoying. There are supposed to be negative effects from going aggressive.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »