Home

LOL! Texas and Florida have a COMBINED unsportsmanship points of OVER NEGATIVE 56,000

This is a discussion on LOL! Texas and Florida have a COMBINED unsportsmanship points of OVER NEGATIVE 56,000 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2009, 03:12 AM   #49
Rookie

bricap's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: LOL! Texas and Florida have a COMBINED unsportsmanship points of OVER NEGATIVE 56

In my opinion it's a pretty bad feature. If it was limited to online only, that would be one thing, but to get penalized for running it up against the computer is ridiculous! Who cares what I do against the computer? Besides the CPU is the one going for an onside kick with a minute left down by 50 or throwing bombs with seconds remaining when they can't win...talk about unsportsmanlike. It was a good idea, it was just implemented horribly. If you are up by more than 3 TDs after the third quarter, you can't pass or call a timeout without being penalized. Truthfully I could care less about my sportsmanship rating or how low it gets, but it's not fair to penalize the school and everyone on it because I feel like beating Tennessee and Lane Kiffin by 110.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:46 AM   #50
Rookie

ReservoirDog76's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: LOL! Texas and Florida have a COMBINED unsportsmanship points of OVER NEGATIVE 56

I got negative sportsmanship in a game I was winning 35-7 at the half online because to start out the 3rd quarter (I received), I got like 25 yards on a pass play.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:58 AM   #51
Banned

OVR: 6

They think Tebow is Super Man. If it is 4th and 4 or less they go up the middle with him. I hope he is a QB in the NFL and tries to truck Ray Lewis and gets his neck broke!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 03:59 AM   #52
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricap
In my opinion it's a pretty bad feature. If it was limited to online only, that would be one thing, but to get penalized for running it up against the computer is ridiculous! Who cares what I do against the computer? Besides the CPU is the one going for an onside kick with a minute left down by 50 or throwing bombs with seconds remaining when they can't win...talk about unsportsmanlike. It was a good idea, it was just implemented horribly. If you are up by more than 3 TDs after the third quarter, you can't pass or call a timeout without being penalized. Truthfully I could care less about my sportsmanship rating or how low it gets, but it's not fair to penalize the school and everyone on it because I feel like beating Tennessee and Lane Kiffin by 110.
This. Exactly this. Sportsmanship is all well and good in real life. In video games, it's meaningless. If you're a douche, you'll run it up. If not, you'll play conservative. But that does not mean not throwing a pass for 2 or more quarters just because you're up 3 scores. I think it's dumb. I really regret signing up for season showdown. But hey, if you think bragging about sportsmanship in this game is something... more power to you.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:09 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meast21Forever
This. Exactly this. Sportsmanship is all well and good in real life. In video games, it's meaningless. If you're a douche, you'll run it up. If not, you'll play conservative. But that does not mean not throwing a pass for 2 or more quarters just because you're up 3 scores. I think it's dumb. I really regret signing up for season showdown. But hey, if you think bragging about sportsmanship in this game is something... more power to you.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:18 AM   #54
Rookie

nighttrain32's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricap

how is throwing up a hail mary or kicking an onside unsportmanlike when you're down by 50? its kinda dumb and pointless but its not unsportsmanlike.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:54 AM   #55
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Does anyone know exactly what each of those three icons and numbers mean?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 07:55 AM   #56
All Star

OVR: 33

Sportsmanship is a bad idea because my school is on negative thousands.

Yeah right lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »