Home

Recruit Stars Tied to Default Rosters?

This is a discussion on Recruit Stars Tied to Default Rosters? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2009, 06:13 PM   #1
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6
Recruit Stars Tied to Default Rosters?

First, I have the ps2.

Needless to say, the rosters are ___________________.

But here's something else that's new this year that bears watching by the next gen people.

I started up Dynasty Mode just to see how recruiting would be -- you know, hoping that the roster would "fix itself" in a couple years into dynasty. Here are the stats from two separate Preseason Recruiting pools (preseason only, separate dynasties, NOT year 1 and year 2). These numbers combine the 2 pools:

QB's -- 21 5-star recruits, 15 in one 6 in the other
HB's -- 10 5-star recruits, 5 each
FB's -- ALL ARE ONE STAR BOTH TIMES
TE's -- 3 STAR IS HIGHEST BOTH TIMES
WR's -- 26 5-star recruits, 14 and 12
OT's -- ONE 5-star, very few 4-stars
OG's -- NO 5 STAR RECRUITS
OC's -- 3 STAR IS HIGHEST
DE's -- 3 STAR IS HIGHEST BOTH TIMES
DT's -- 4 STAR IS HIGHEST BOTH TIMES
OLB's -- 4 STAR IS HIGHEST BOTH TIMES
MLB's -- 8 5-star recruits, 4 and 4
CB's -- 13 5-star recruits, 7 and 6
FS/SS's -- ONE 5 STAR, VERY FEW 4 STAR RECRUITS

Now, compare that to the original EA roster that has 225 -- no joke -- WR's that are 90+ and only 2 OL TOTAL 90+. I'm no computer/code guy, but this is a huge red flag and an indication that broken roster means broken recruits for dynasty mode.

It would be worthwhile for someone to look into this by simming a few years in dynasty mode and checking ratings, but not me. I am just too awestruck by this whole mess...

Hope I did the community a service and that people who, like me, find Dynasty Mode the lifeblood of the game can save themselves time and frustration by testing this before getting all involved in a very time-consuming mode of play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 08:26 PM   #2
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

Re: Recruit Stars Tied to Default Rosters?

People planning on running a dynasty would do well to check this thread out...

Just trying to save people time in case recruiting is jacked on ps2 and possibly next gen...
Old 07-15-2009, 12:51 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I ran 2 yrs of simmed dynasty. I didn't write anything down b/c I was looking at class size more than overall but I seem to remember a few 90+ OL after a few seasons but nowhere near the number of skill positions. I specifically remember a 89 (true FR) WR from Colorado.

BTW - after 3 seasons, only the superstar programs have anywhere near 65+ total players. Most are less than 60 total with many around 50.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:56 AM   #4
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthgradetyrant
First, I have the ps2.

Needless to say, the rosters are ___________________.

But here's something else that's new this year that bears watching by the next gen people.

I started up Dynasty Mode just to see how recruiting would be -- you know, hoping that the roster would "fix itself" in a couple years into dynasty. Here are the stats from two separate Preseason Recruiting pools (preseason only, separate dynasties, NOT year 1 and year 2). These numbers combine the 2 pools:

QB's -- 21 5-star recruits, 15 in one 6 in the other
HB's -- 10 5-star recruits, 5 each
FB's -- ALL ARE ONE STAR BOTH TIMES
TE's -- 3 STAR IS HIGHEST BOTH TIMES
WR's -- 26 5-star recruits, 14 and 12
OT's -- ONE 5-star, very few 4-stars
OG's -- NO 5 STAR RECRUITS
OC's -- 3 STAR IS HIGHEST
DE's -- 3 STAR IS HIGHEST BOTH TIMES
DT's -- 4 STAR IS HIGHEST BOTH TIMES
OLB's -- 4 STAR IS HIGHEST BOTH TIMES
MLB's -- 8 5-star recruits, 4 and 4
CB's -- 13 5-star recruits, 7 and 6
FS/SS's -- ONE 5 STAR, VERY FEW 4 STAR RECRUITS

Now, compare that to the original EA roster that has 225 -- no joke -- WR's that are 90+ and only 2 OL TOTAL 90+. I'm no computer/code guy, but this is a huge red flag and an indication that broken roster means broken recruits for dynasty mode.

It would be worthwhile for someone to look into this by simming a few years in dynasty mode and checking ratings, but not me. I am just too awestruck by this whole mess...

Hope I did the community a service and that people who, like me, find Dynasty Mode the lifeblood of the game can save themselves time and frustration by testing this before getting all involved in a very time-consuming mode of play.
I can't really speak to it as I didn't work on PS2 and don't know the full breadth of how recruits are generated, but I do believe the recruit pool uses info from the player database (aka the rosters).
Old 07-15-2009, 01:10 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
I can't really speak to it as I didn't work on PS2 and don't know the full breadth of how recruits are generated, but I do believe the recruit pool uses info from the player database (aka the rosters).
Are the recruits generated from the default database(default rosters) or by whatever database is loaded (each seasons rosters)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 01:26 AM   #6
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

The recruits look really smooth when you have the updated rosters.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:31 AM   #7
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

Well, got to offseason recruiting and it's jacked. Of the top 100, almost all are qb, wr, hb. Highest rated DE and TE are 3 star, FB is 2 star, only one OL in top 100.

Ps2 users got SCREWED this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »