Home

*Official Dynasty/Road To Glory Thread*

This is a discussion on *Official Dynasty/Road To Glory Thread* within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2009, 08:41 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: *Official Dynasty/Road To Glory Thread*

Is there a way to change the game clock. I have it set to 8 minutes, but when i go to play a game, its always at 5:00.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:26 AM   #58
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8

Hi guys,

I just got my copy of NCAA 10 today!

When I get home from work I want to start a RTG. But I'm curious if those of you that already play changed any sliders or just go with default. Also, how many minutes per quarter do you use to get the most authentic plays (if this can be changed)?

Thanks!
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 07-22-2009, 10:05 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 10

After waiting a week for rosters before starting my Dynasty (big ups! to Blocko and Gator)

My favorite part of this game was being able to put Notre Dame in a confernce. So of course I put them in the Big Ten (Minnestoa out) Not sure if you guy edit your Schedules, but I always do hate play cup cake teams, well maybe just one!

I'm in week 3 (2-1 0-0) Week one I handled the Washington Huskies pretty easly (AA, J-units sliders 6 min quaters)

Week 2 USC came to town I figured I would get my but kick. Trojans first drive took an 58 seconds and they punched it in for 6. Then I sat up and of course yelled at my D (because you know they can hear you) SO after 2 INT by Jimmy my D stood tell in the first half only done 14-10.. Thrid Quater was all Defense no points scored by either side, but early in the 4th Jimmy was picked for the 3rd time this time by a DL on a big hit (love this feature) which lead to another USC score going up 21-10.. so with about 3 min. left when USC came with the all out blitz I hit Golden Tate over the middle for a 72 yard TD.. needing to go for 2.. I went with the PA FB Fade, with another Blitz from USC I quickly dumped to the Aldrige for the 2.... 21-18 THe USC ran the ball all over me (C.J. Gamble went for 138 on the ground) so they moved it down inside my 20 quickly on big runs by Gamble and Mcnight.. 3rd and goal for USC they throw a short pass to the RB which I stuffed holiding them to FG with 1:12 left on the clock and no timeouts left for ND I marched down the field because Jimmy became Joe Montana and with 12 seconds left I hit the freshmen WR (Walker) in the corner of the endzone to win the game 25-24, (1038 pts All time game) It may have been the best game I have ever played in NCAA and I've played it since Bill Walsh..
Week 3 did go as well I was still home with the Golden Bears of Cal came to town, there was alot of punting on my side Cal scored all there points in the first half (17) I manged just one TD in the first half and 2 FG in the second half but wuth under a min. to go I had the ball and had another chance to pull it on but Clausen throw his third INT of the game ( 6 on the year now Fans are chanting for Montana to get the start) Cal locked up the win and my hopes of a National Championship with a 17-13 win..
My Schedules get a little easier as I start my BIg Ten Schedules starts after work today I'll be going ti NU, Purde, Mich. ST. ( not really that easy) I hope to get 2 maybe 3 games in tonight and tommorrow I'll have an update with some Season stats.. and the Montana watch starts (FR 74 ov.) and after those 3 games I go to Penn State and Ohio State!! Yikes!!
Old 07-22-2009, 01:15 PM   #60
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

I am currently a HB playing at Northwestern. I forgot when I committed there they run the spread so my carries are only about 15 per game (5 min quarters) as a starter. I am leading the team in receptions however.

I might start another one as a option QB so I can be more involved in a offense somewhere.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 07-22-2009, 03:41 PM   #61
Rookie

bluntside's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardon
Is there a way to change the game clock. I have it set to 8 minutes, but when i go to play a game, its always at 5:00.
I would like to know this too. I've already messed with the settings and sliders, so I'm disqualified from the leaderboards. Why can't I play a game with more than 5 minute quarters. If I'm just not seeing it, it's my fault. If this is the only game length in all of RTG, major dropping of the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 12:48 AM   #62

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

Well I started my Washington Huskies dynasty on the right foot with an upset of the LSU Tigers.

Jake Locker was a beast throughout. 114 passing yards, 60 rushing yards and 2 TD.

The defense played very well only allowing 7 points.

Final Score was 24-7.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:38 AM   #63
Rookie

ROSS2010 xL's Arena

OVR: 4

my Hawaii Warriors Team got invited to the pac 10 after going

12-1 in first season only loss was vs florida in the bcs game i was destroyed 62-33

13-0 Second season upsetting Oregon in the Rose bowl 28-14

11-2 losing to boise state and pennstate in the regular season then grinding out a win vs Tennesse in the orange bowl 21-14. i found out that Bryce Brown is a beast

NCAA Football 10 Photo
360 : ROSS2010 xL

Last edited by ROSS2010 xL; 07-24-2009 at 09:56 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:13 AM   #64
Rookie

Onions's Arena

OVR: 3

Re: Noel RTG; I'll probably finish it in one night when I'm bored of the dynasty which will be around the time 2011 comes out so screw it. Like everyone else, was waiting for the named rosters for a dynasty mode.

Started a dynasty with the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers [D, C-, D]. I looked at the teams and couldn't decide between WKU or Tulsa. I realized that Tulsa is a decent team, I've never heard of WKU football, and WKU's runs in past couple NCAA Tournament sold me.

Pre-season starts, we setup bye weeks for the first two, open up the season against #20 Utah, following that game we play ranked Nebraska, and TCU, then finally open up conference play. In week 12 we play UConn.

Only 2 ★ recruits are interested in WKU, need a: FB, SS, and MLB (2). I browsed through the interested recruits and ended up offering what I need, plus some other positions like WR, QB, HB, OLB, and T; ended up offering 11 recruits in total and all were 2 ★'s except one 4 ★ halfback from Florida who is considering: Florida, Auburn, Alabama, basically most of the SEC schools.

Offered everyone on my list a scholarship, a 2★ HB from Florida commited on the spot, added a 3 ★ MLB to the list.

Got in the top 6 for the MLB after offer and the HB, my most saught after recruit, finally put me in his top 10.

----------------

Opened up the season against #20 Utah. Utah won the toss and chose to receive. On their second play from the line of scrimmage, my MLB tips the ball and a secondary players flies in to pick it off. Defense plays great in the first half, ground games working alright, and we go into halftime 17-0.

--Run after first int--

EA Sports: NCAA Football 10 Video

Second half starts and my offense can't get going (passing or rushing the ball), Utah scores on their first possession to make the score 17-7. After that it's a defensive battle and WKU pulls out the game, 20-7, ending the longest win streak in America.

MOM: MLB, Harbison: 7 tackles (1 TFL) and 1 INT.

----------------

4 ★ HB raises me to 4th after the Utah game and 3 ★ MLB raises me to 5th. A 1 ★ QB commits after the game too. Added a 4 ★ HB from Virginia and 4 ★ T from Tennessee to the lists.

----------------

Game against 12th ranked Nebraska starts. Out of the gate, Nebraska is dominating on offense and dominating on defense. If not a for a broken play that led to a 57 yard touchdown reception for my team, I would have been done 0-24 at halftime, but instead we are down 7-24. Now two things, one, my starting QB got injured for the rest of the game in the first quarter, and two, my other KR and starting CB was injured in this game and he's out for 12 weeks .

They start the half kicking to the guy who replaced my injured corner on the KR team and he takes the kick back 106 yards making the game 14-24. My defense forces a 3 and out and you can feel the momentum shift tremendously. I go 3 and out on my next drive, my defense forces another 3 and out, then after picking up a first down, a rush off the left tackle is drawn up. My HB spins out of a weak tackle, sprints down the field, stiff arms the last defender, and goes 85 yards to make it 21-24. In succession, the Nebraska KR takes the kickoff to the house to push the lead back to 10, 21-31. A couple exchanges of offense and then while I have the ball at mid-field, they blitz the ILB, he goes right through the o-line, but my back-up QB side steps his sack, and launches it down field between two defenders to the WR, the WR who returned the KR for a touchdown earlier. We ended up scoring on that possession, forced a 3 and out, and driving for another score (TD pass to the same WR) with about a minute and half left in the forth, now up 35-31. I stupidly kick to their KR who earlier took one back and he takes the ball all the way to my 40. Defense holds for 4 down and I get the ball back with a chance to run out the clock with 1 first down, but they hold me to -1 yards on the drive and get the ball back with under a minute and no timeouts. First play, sacked. Second play, spiked the ball. Third play, sacked. Forth down with under 20 seconds left and they well over throw the receiver. I get the ball back and kick a field goal as time expires just to pad stat. Win 38-31, the #2 ESPN Classic game thus far.

--106 yard KR to start the comeback--

--85 yard run for td--

--QB avoids sack and throws a bullet--

MOM: WR, Cooper (guy who replaced my injured CB): 5 receptions, 81 yards, 1 game winning TD, and 1 KR TD for 106 yards.

----------------

After the Nebraska game, the HB put me 3rd on his list and the MLB pushed me to 4th.

Through two games:

Smith - 12/22, 153 yards, 1 td, 2 int
Vasquez - 4/8, 65 yards, 1 td, 1 int

Hayden - 21 rushes, 109 yards, 1 td
Johnson - 21 rushes, 152 yards, 2 td
Rainey - 6 rushes, 26 yards

Receivers: couple guys with 5 catches then a couple 3's, 2's, and 1's.

Last edited by Onions; 07-26-2009 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Accidently pressed post instead of preview.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »