Home

*CONSTRUCTIVE Feedback for NCAA 10*

This is a discussion on *CONSTRUCTIVE Feedback for NCAA 10* within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2009, 11:57 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: *CONSTRUCTIVE Feedback for NCAA 10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo23
Why are we still asking for things that should have and could have easily been addressed this year? I'm trying to remain as "constructive" as possible but this umm..."situation" EA has set up is getting ridiculous...

"Oh, lets take the time to list things we want for next years game"

*next years arrives*

"Darn, just more of the same. The players interact identically as last year, it seems EA just tossed in a few new animations. How sweet of them, they must love us. Plus now we got Erin Andrews and neato graphics on the field goal nets"

I'm not even going to get any more in depth since I'd most likely lose my "constructiveness" but I'm simply disappointed.

I'm still very optimistic for Madden 10 though...

I agree!, it's getting tiring to say the least..

peace
Ernesto
Old 07-15-2009, 12:02 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 7

Player editing took a step back this year. The roster issue didn't get resolved quite the way a lot of us were hoping it would. With more time, the accuracy of the rosters didn't improve much. But in addition to that, we have white sleeves appearing as gray and we lost a skin tone to boot. Well, more accurately stated, the dark skin tones don't have the three distinct options last year's game had. What puzzles me is why you would use generic headshots and then reduce skin tone options? Seeing that likeness can't be generated in NCAA the way it can be in Madden, it makes no sense to attempt to identify players by face. Equipment and body features are really where the focus should be. Takes away from that immersible aspect of the game many of us look for.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:02 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Here's some stuff I posted on EA..

Please fix both the running animation & address the lack of momentum/locomotion.. Players shouldn't be able to turn on a dime without leaning, or decelerating. There is no sense of weight, and it has been a major problem ever since the jump to next gen.

Also, ball physics need work. It currently feels like the football is too heavy & doesn't float properly (Its also too large & too dark for that specific model). On the PS2 & Xbox it had that sense of lightness & it actually floated like a real football would.

I believe by fixing these things, many of the gameplay complaints will go away.

Next would easily be the lack of presentational elements. This is college football, & its all about atmosphere.

Team Entrances
Pre-game breakdown
Players warming up
Half-Time show
Post Game wrap up
More stat banners
Coaches interacting w/players

The works... its been to long, and I can't take another year of the empty feeling game.

Many of these things were in last gen, and added so much to the replay value of the game... much of the reason I still play 06 to this day.

Dynasty mode needs to be deeper, and geared more for the hardcore guys. There is so much missing that could make this mode one of the best of any sports game.

Please add some of the following:

Spring game
Camps
Heisman & award show
High School All American game
AD Mode* (Check my sig for a link)
Neutral site games
Create rivalries
Conf. logos change when changing conferences
Senior Bowl
National Signing Day presentation
etc..

Also presentation needs stepped up in this mode. How about adding an awards show of some sort, bowl week breakdown, huge celebrations for bowl game wins, Over the top BCS Championship broadcast, Pre-season breakdown... Just some things that will keep us coming back, because currently there is very little that makes me feel connected with my team, and dynasty feels weak & hallow.

Also, please take a look at Chris' 12 Ways to Improve Dynasty article.

Give us the ability to pick unis combos simultaneously if its a multiplayer game, and decrease the lag the menus seem to have.

Also, do something about the facts while the game is loading.. Many of them are the same as last year's & they really aren't interesting at all.

Maybe give us the all time series records between the teams, or even scrap it all together leaving only the team logos - or even a "match up" screen that shows what team has the advantages kind of what Madden 10 has before the pregame starts.

More songs from bands are desperately needed as well. I've heard the same ones for years & they are just becoming old now.

Lastly... I beg of you developers/designers to stop with the on going pursuit of choosing to dedicate time to secondary features & making unnecessary changes, over basic football things. I realize that you must sell copies, and bring in new customers, but its just getting old, especially when things like formation subs, refs, & even running mechanics are ignored/overlooked or deemed not important year after year... Save the stuff geared toward the younger audience for the Wii. Season Showdown, defensive assist, "link plays" that actually have percentages above them, & Road to Glory being the mode that gets the overhaul instead of Dynasty... What is going on? What is the direction of this franchise?

Take the route that Madden 10 has done this year, and give us a true college football sim experience. The people that buy Madden & enjoy that "sim" style game design are, for the most part, the same ones who are buying NCAA.

Please focus on FOOTBALL related things. After those are taken care of, then you should start to think about the other small/less important features.

The new moto for the NCAA series here on out should be "Everything You See on Saturdays"
I couldn't agree more. Great post, I really hope somebody from EA read this and takes a copy into a meeting about NCAA 11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 12:09 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 39

Here's from a different thread I posted in..

I say they keep the bands (for teams that actually have them), but put them at half time in the background while they play their music.. Then over that, have the HALFTIME show playing.

Pregame should be reserved for:

Team Entrances
Pregrame show with the announcers
Players warming up
Star breakdown
Predictions

The works

Also, some research needs to be done about what teams actually have field goal nets.. Maybe even sign Allstate as a sponsor to get the logo on the nets.. NCAA 11 has to be about realism.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:18 AM   #13
MVP

Forgot to mention this, but someone else said it in a different thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by htoole21
there needs to be some celebration after the wins... crowd meeting in the middle or something.
I loved seeing this after I won or lost games.. It was minor, but it added so much.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:35 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 5

BORN I love ya but they dont listen.

Just give me a realistic pass rush and I'd settle.

Carry on...
Old 07-15-2009, 12:42 AM   #15
Rookie

realultimatepower's Arena

OVR: 4

Its actually surprising how little the NCAA team seem to care about presentation. I hope next year they take their cue from this year's Madden and really focus on the presentation aspect of the game.

I would especially like to see a few things in regards to the presentation aspect:
- Pregame things as already mentioned.
- Time to bring the commentary team back in and redo it, or at the very least, add a lot more. I'd also like them to look into breaking the team into 2. A 3 man booth in college is very rare these days. I think Musberger and Herbstreit would be great. I would not be unhappy to see Nessler, Herby, and Corso "retired", or at the very least, "refreshed".
- Championship presentation. EVERY EA Sports title seems to give you something for going through the game and at least providing a cutscene or something similar at the end of a championship game, oh no, but not NCAA.

I really like the presentation aspect of Road to Glory and hope that's expanded on next year, perhaps with more "callers" to the show, maybe some stat comparisons with other "characters" in the same position/class as your player, but one nagging thing is that Erin wears the same outfit every "episode"! I completely understand that she probably came into the studio and cut it all in one day, but really, a wardrobe change here and there would add to the realism.

I think gameplay is much improved this year and I am enjoying it, but the omissions and what "could've been" is really grating. Why is it that NCAA is the one EA Sports game that is more likely to regress than progress?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 02:27 PM   #16
MVP

bump?

I'll have some things to add shortly

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »