Home

Corners breaking on the routes faster than the wide receivers

This is a discussion on Corners breaking on the routes faster than the wide receivers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2009, 01:53 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Corners breaking on the routes faster than the wide receivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
If you ever made/had any sense at all I'd take that into consideration. But lacking that...
You threw into triple coverage.
Did the corner make a quick turn? Maybe.
But you still threw into essentially triple coverage.

Sense or not, it was a bad decision on your part.

And people here were whining about man coverage last year. I guess it's fixed.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:53 AM   #10
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22

This has made me upset as well. The wr's are like zombies running their routes. Once the ball is thrown the db's actually seem to go after the ball and make plays, while the wr's are too busy running their routes instead of trying to get position to make a catch.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:55 AM   #11
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

I didn't throw the ball there on that play. I'm simply showing the coverage that I'm seeing against those types of routes. On cuts like that, throws are made based on timing between the QB and the WR. I'm sure you know this. And when the CB has no laws of physics he has to obey, and the WR does, then suddenly that entire area of the playbook is out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 01:56 AM   #12
Banned

Quote:
I didn't throw the ball there on that play. I'm simply showing the coverage that I'm seeing against those types of routes. On cuts like that, throws are made based on timing between the QB and the WR. I'm sure you know this. And when the CB has no laws of physics he has to obey, and the WR does, then suddenly that entire area of the playbook is out.
I've only played NCAA 10 once. I just got it today and could only play an 8-minute quarter game when I got home from work.

Give me a few games to start bitching.

Just going by your YouTube video.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:10 AM   #13
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Never said you had to respond dude, lol
Old 07-15-2009, 02:16 AM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Never said you had to respond dude, lol
You know me well enough by now to know I'm always gonna respond.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:24 AM   #15
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Strangely enough that didnt look too too unrealistic to me. I played corner in HS ans when I got beat off the jam I would follow the receiver's hips. If he looked like he was turning I would already be turning and try to position myself to make a play. I got burned deep a lot by guys that would hitch and take it up field! But I also led a 6A team in pass deflections as a Sophomore. Its all about perception and the understanding of the WR (awareness I guess is what it would be on NCAA)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 04:04 AM   #16
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

Quote:
Explain to me how just because somebody is playing catchup they don't have to make a sharp cut? They're both running straight upfield. And the CB doesn't move over at an angle in anticipation of the cut, he makes the same 90 degree cut without having to gather himself one iota!
If you beat me off the line and you still run 10 yards and make a 90 degree cut...why would I chase you by running 10 yards and making a 90 degree cut? I'm going to undercut the route. That's my explanation.

I can see where you are coming from but the CB also cuts at the 22 and ends up running to the 20 at a diagonal. The WR cuts at the 17 and stays horizontal on the 17. Therefore the WR made a sharper cut by planting his foot, therefore slowing him down and allowing the CB to catch up.

Things that are stupid about this play. I can once again see the CB is psychic and once the WR starts his cut the CB already made a break. I imagine if the WR suddenly cut towards the sideline instead, the CB would be able to recover and either swat it or make some amazing interception.

You didn't get me this year EA. At least not until I can find it used in a few months.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »