Home

Corners breaking on the routes faster than the wide receivers

This is a discussion on Corners breaking on the routes faster than the wide receivers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2009, 04:34 PM   #57
MVP

Koolie G's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Corners breaking on the routes faster than the wide receivers

Hellisan, my rant was not directed at you or really anyone in general. I think we are pretty much on the same page. I agree with what you've said, I don't want the DB doing what is in your video everytime. I don't know if it does b/c I've not played this game enough. The end of my post was really just about the overall complaints on this board as a whole. Most people on this board (and others like it) don't really want to lose games to the CPU, even though they state they do. There are very few of us who actually would relish going 6-6 and not going to a bowl. A lot of people talk the talk, but when it comes down to it they want to win a national championship or they don't want to play. That is fine, just don't complain about the CPU cheating when you are throwing stupid passess and you can't use your "money" plays to score when you're 4th and 25 and you end up losing.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:38 PM   #58
MVP

Koolie G's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State-31 UNC-27
I know how to play football, I know how to find the open guys, etc. It's just that far too often in this game are the DBs in perfect defending position when in man coverage. I can find the open guys, but I don't want to have to throw an in route 70% of the time. I've had my guys beat man coverage as well but it happens randomly and only occasionally on deeper crossing routes. Then you have to miraculously get some touch on the pass to go over the LB or DB. It's just way harder than it should be.

I played APF 2k8 last week, so I'm spoiled.
I don't doubt that you know how to play football. I understand your frustration, but I've taken the attitude that this year is much better then just being able to sling it all over the field and not worry about it b/c the AI was awful. I'm an APF fan as well so I feel your pain. But all in all NCAA 10 has been a solid game so far, but again, I've not played it very much so far. I may change my tune in a few weeks. All I know is that with 09 even with all the problems, I had a heckuva good time with it in my Online Dynasties. I expect it to be even better in this years version.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:38 PM   #59
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolie G
Hellisan, my rant was not directed at you or really anyone in general. I think we are pretty much on the same page. I agree with what you've said, I don't want the DB doing what is in your video everytime. I don't know if it does b/c I've not played this game enough. The end of my post was really just about the overall complaints on this board as a whole. Most people on this board (and others like it) don't really want to lose games to the CPU, even though they state they do. There are very few of us who actually would relish going 6-6 and not going to a bowl. A lot of people talk the talk, but when it comes down to it they want to win a national championship or they don't want to play. That is fine, just don't complain about the CPU cheating when you are throwing stupid passess and you can't use your "money" plays to score when you're 4th and 25 and you end up losing.
Completely, 100% agreed.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:39 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 3

Helisan.

I'm witcha bro. I kicked MAJOR *** in '09 and in '10 I'm getting my *** MUDD STOMPED. Everything seems so different in '10 in opposed to '09. I think because we played so much 09 it will take us a bit to catch up and get accustomed to '10.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:50 PM   #61
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
Am I the only one who is really angry about the way corners don't have to "settle" when they cut, while the WRs do? It took away some of my favorite ways to attack man defense. And (at least partially) as a result, I'm focking struggling over here. I think my record so far is 1-8 because I can't read the defense in my normal style.

Here's an example.

WR beats the CB handily out of the jam. At this point, he should be able to make a move either to the outside or inside (theoretically) so at this point the CB is on pins and needles once he's a step or two behind. When the WR goes to break on the ball, he has to sink his hips and turn. The corner has no such restraints to his movement, and so gets to the ball before the receiver despite getting manhandled on the jam attempt.

Does anybody think this looks realistic?

It`s the way EA "fix" their errors.

Example..

If CB coverage is realistic.. you will end up 100% comp evyer game.
WHy?
BECAUSE QB ACC IS TOO DAMN ACCUARATE!

At least at heisman level.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 04:50 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 1

Actually, I have more issue with the WR in the video...the WR is doing a cut as if he is trying to shake tight coverage with a sharp cut when it's completely unnecessary as he has toasted the corner and allows him to catch up.

The WR should be adjusting his route to the fact he is wide open and that's what bothers me more. If this happened more often, you would be forced to use zone to make up for your bad corners. Instead, the WR never adjusts and you lose an opportunity for a huge play. And I wish this was tied to WR awareness so the better ones would take advantage.

Now if you want to see really bad issues w/the man coverage, have your WR run a crossing route vs man and watch as the CB will run ahead of him across the field. That is extremely frustrating as that would never happen...and the WR would stop at some point, let the corner keep running and be wide open. I would love someone to post a video of that. Ditto on fly patterns when the CB is running AHEAD of the WR and can't even see him.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:54 PM   #63
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sEcTiOn8
Helisan.

I'm witcha bro. I kicked MAJOR *** in '09 and in '10 I'm getting my *** MUDD STOMPED. Everything seems so different in '10 in opposed to '09. I think because we played so much 09 it will take us a bit to catch up and get accustomed to '10.
Glad to see I'm not the only one. In an OD with very solid players throughout (very even across the board), I won the last three titles of the dynasty, so I was around 40 wins in a row when we finally stopped playing a week ago. It was my opinion that the players I recruited really fit my system and allowed me to do that, more than me being better than anybody else on the sticks.

But I honestly think it's not that I'm losing that's pissing me off so bad, it's that I'm unbelievably BORED while playing because nothing I'm seeing makes sense. For instance two games ago, I scored two touchdowns. They both occurred on plays that I thought were atrocious reads/throws when the throws were made, but somehow the DB just missed or couldn't catch up, or got picked or something while the ball was in midair and it just sort of "turned out" good. It wasn't anything I did! I have yet to get that feeling of chess matchups, X's vs. O's. it seems like you just throw it up and see what the roll of the dice is.

Yet other people are loving the hell out of it so there must be something there. I just want to not be totally bored for an hour at a time. My friend Rusty and I have been playing the last few nights and he just keeps saying how quiet I am, and how it's bumming him out how much I can't stand the game, etc. Believe me, it bugs me more. I have no idea how I would continue playing in a situation like that where I was just god-forsakenly bored throughout.

Last edited by Hellisan; 07-15-2009 at 04:58 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:54 PM   #64
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foosball39
Actually, I have more issue with the WR in the video...the WR is doing a cut as if he is trying to shake tight coverage with a sharp cut when it's completely unnecessary as he has toasted the corner and allows him to catch up.

The WR should be adjusting his route to the fact he is wide open and that's what bothers me more. If this happened more often, you would be forced to use zone to make up for your bad corners. Instead, the WR never adjusts and you lose an opportunity for a huge play. And I wish this was tied to WR awareness so the better ones would take advantage.

Now if you want to see really bad issues w/the man coverage, have your WR run a crossing route vs man and watch as the CB will run ahead of him across the field. That is extremely frustrating as that would never happen...and the WR would stop at some point, let the corner keep running and be wide open. I would love someone to post a video of that. Ditto on fly patterns when the CB is running AHEAD of the WR and can't even see him.

Fantastic point. Really good insight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »