Home

Cosmetic Upgrades IMO!!!

This is a discussion on Cosmetic Upgrades IMO!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 08:32 PM   #41
Rookie

dal_hawk's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Cosmetic Upgrades IMO!!!

Wait so did apex actually buy NCAA? Cause that wouldn't make much sense.

I could get over the stuff that doesn't look realistic as long as I enjoyed the gameplay.

Not saying I don't care about realism just the more detailed stuff and worrying about getting pyshics completely right.

But defenders need to cover ground realistically, I need to be able to throw over a middle line back with a fast wideout.

I need to feel in control of throwing the ball and what direction. i need to be able to see a cover 2 or 3 form like it would and break the coverage where the weakness should be.

After playing the demo I just felt the gameplay didn't address these enough. Going to wait until madden to see if I can enjoy it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 08:35 PM   #42
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
I would say NFL 2k5 is worse than the games we have today.....because it is.
In your opinion.
Tell me....when is the last time you actually saw a 3-5-7 step drop in EA football games?
The 2k games didn't rely on "suction blocking" to simulate ol/dl blocking mechanics...Ea STILL uses this. This is but just 2 examples.

I do agree that 2k had it's fair share of problems,I'm not denying that,but to say 2k5 is worse than the football games currently available,is laughable (imo)
The jury's still out on Madden.

Why do you think so many cats make these comparisons??.....because alot of what was done 5 years ago,STILL has yet to be surpassed.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 07-15-2009, 08:39 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dal_hawk
Wait so did apex actually buy NCAA? Cause that wouldn't make much sense.

I could get over the stuff that doesn't look realistic as long as I enjoyed the gameplay.

Not saying I don't care about realism just the more detailed stuff and worrying about getting pyshics completely right.

But defenders need to cover ground realistically, I need to be able to throw over a middle line back with a fast wideout.

I need to feel in control of throwing the ball and what direction. i need to be able to see a cover 2 or 3 form like it would and break the coverage where the weakness should be.

After playing the demo I just felt the gameplay didn't address these enough. Going to wait until madden to see if I can enjoy it.
he said he rented from hollywood video. im scared for madden 10, if this stuff is happening in madden 10 then the entire football gaming world gone blow up

EASY, BREEZY, BEAUTIFUL, COVERGIRL
Old 07-15-2009, 09:28 PM   #44
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
In your opinion.
Tell me....when is the last time you actually saw a 3-5-7 step drop in EA football games?
The 2k games didn't rely on "suction blocking" to simulate ol/dl blocking mechanics...Ea STILL uses this. This is but just 2 examples.

I do agree that 2k had it's fair share of problems,I'm not denying that,but to say 2k5 is worse than the football games currently available,is laughable (imo)
The jury's still out on Madden.

Why do you think so many cats make these comparisons??.....because alot of what was done 5 years ago,STILL has yet to be surpassed.
Yeah the 2k series did a lot of things very well. But the things it didn't do very well they did very poorly. The facets of the game that they did excel at though shouldn't be an example for what the EA football series aspires to be. These videos are really annoying. We should be trying to get the game to be realistic, not like 2k football.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:03 PM   #45
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackJk
gone head player. thats what i want to see. back up EA with video evidence instead of making bogus statements about people grammar.(guess thats the only way to defend EA football)
You failed to answer the earlier question. Do you even have NCAA 10, because from your posts it seems unlikely you've really spent anytime playing it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 10:05 PM   #46
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
I is but just 2 examples.

That's all a matter of opinion. Your opinion is just that.

And please, lets not act like 2k didn't have various issues with pass protection over the years..
Old 07-15-2009, 10:10 PM   #47
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
Yeah the 2k series did a lot of things very well. But the things it didn't do very well they did very poorly. The facets of the game that they did excel at though shouldn't be an example for what the EA football series aspires to be. These videos are really annoying. We should be trying to get the game to be realistic, not like 2k football.
That's the problem....they SHOULD be an example (imo)
The ol/dl interaction was WAY above what EA is currently doing,like I mentioned...EA "thought" for ol/dl interaction, the use of suction blocking was the answer....here we are how may years later (I remember last gen also) and this IS still an issue.

I'm all about getting the most realistic representation of the sport,and using what 2k did as an example ,I feel there's nothing wrong with that. The examples I've given are STILL the most realistic representations of vidoe game football to date (imo)
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
Old 07-15-2009, 10:13 PM   #48
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
That's all a matter of opinion. Your opinion is just that.

And please, lets not act like 2k didn't have various issues with pass protection over the years..
Uh...didn't I say imo?
No where did I mention that 2k didn't have issues,so I would appreciate it if you wouldn't try to put words in my mouth.
Quote:
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »