Home

Progression makes dynasty mode unplayable

This is a discussion on Progression makes dynasty mode unplayable within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2009, 12:32 PM   #33
Banned

Kentucky3D's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Progression makes dynasty mode unplayable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucas005
Probably the 5th time I've posted this interview, but check out question #2. Offline dynasty is what I play most on this game. These results are worrisome. Adam, any chance this can be fixed with a patch? I understand current freshmen will need some overall rating tweaks and I'm fine doing that. BUT incoming freshman are also apparently coming in way to highly rated. Not how Ben explains to ESPN in this interview. Again, is this something that can be fixed via patch?? Thanks

http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames...ory?id=4215220
The developers said they "fixed" a lot of things in this game like the sliders, pass rush, and roster; however as we all know the game shipped with each of those broken. I wouldn't put any stock in what they say they have fixed, unless they are talking about a patch. I doubt Ben Haumiller does any design on this game except for FSU's roster.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:47 PM   #34
GO DAWGS

drowsike's Arena

OVR: 11

I think its fine the way it is..90 overall rated players are not unstoppable. Especially when your team has them too
Old 07-16-2009, 12:51 PM   #35
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowsike
I think its fine the way it is..90 overall rated players are not unstoppable. Especially when your team has them too
this is my feelings towards the subject a well
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU
"IM SO UPTOWN AND IF U AIN'T MOTHA#$@ DONT GO UPTOWN, YEAH"

Quote:
How often can the bug be reproduced? That's a question for the developers...I'm not testing this for them...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 12:54 PM   #36
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

Quote:
Agreed, as long as all teams have the same 'bug' then it is ok. Last year, only the user controlled teams would improve because of the CPU's poor roster mgt.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:54 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Even 99s, Now if one team had 15 99s on its roster, then it may be a problem.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:09 PM   #38
Rookie

Vikefan24's Arena

OVR: 4

The numbers for the 6th year of dynasty don't seem like a problem to me at all.. Sucks that all the frosh now will be supermen in those final couple years but I can live with it
Old 07-16-2009, 01:18 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
Overall Freshman ratings have been lowered. You will still get some highly rated ones, but not every 5* Recruit is going to be 85-89 OVR.
It wasn't like that last year either. There was the occasional 5* guy that was an 85+, but much more often than not they were in the low 80's. It wasn't uncommon to even see some of the 5* guys at 78 or 79, either.

From what Hellisan posted in his thread, and other similar things I've read, the recruit ratings seem unchanged.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:28 PM   #40
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Bandit
It wasn't like that last year either. There was the occasional 5* guy that was an 85+, but much more often than not they were in the low 80's. It wasn't uncommon to even see some of the 5* guys at 78 or 79, either.

From what Hellisan posted in his thread, and other similar things I've read, the recruit ratings seem unchanged.
He's spot on with this post. Recruit ratings are the exact same as last year. 3 stars going 76-71 overall, 2 stars 74-65. That's very, very close to last year's spread for those spots. If I see the 4 star at 84 overall in this year like i did on last year when I got a gem, then I'll know they didn't change it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »