Home

Why is FSU rated so high?

This is a discussion on Why is FSU rated so high? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2009, 04:56 AM   #57
Rookie

firktaf's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Why is FSU rated so high?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
You do know Central Florida is even closer than FSU & Adam went there.. Yet no one second guesses their ratings ever.
Shhhhh!! Keep that kind of talk down. Everyone is supposed to ignore the fact that we have an 86 rated sophomore QB despite him having a 39.4 completion percentage last year and helped lead us to being the statistically worst offense in the nation. So what if our school is 30 minutes from EA Sports/Tiburon and quite a few people end up working for them...or playtesting for them like I did back in the day? Maybe we do end up overrated, but since we're not in a major conference, it's all good, right?

So, no one needs to know about this and we can all just keep on focusing on FSU...like everyone was doing before I made this post.

NFL:
Jacksonville Jaguars
MLB:
St. Louis Cardinals
NBA:
Orlando Magic
NCAA: UCF Knights
Old 07-16-2009, 05:20 AM   #58
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxentine
Also, how can you say we were 1 game apart if you omit the bowl game then use UM's bowl game as evidence that Harris is a returning starter. Do you UM fans honestly believe that you guys are right there with FSU program wise?
i wasnt really omitting anything, i was pointing out after the regular season in the same division, they were one game apart with the head to head basically being the difference. florida state was better last year, but each program is in a similar state. jacory led the team in td passes and completion pct while rotating in the regular season. fsu losing their top two receivers and leading rusher are other examples why its up in the air who is in a better position right now.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:43 AM   #59
Rookie

BigBodySS's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActLikeYouCrow
florida state was better last year, but each program is in a similar state. jacory led the team in td passes and completion pct while rotating in the regular season. fsu losing their top two receivers and leading rusher are other examples why its up in the air who is in a better position right now.
I totally agree with you, it's part of the reason why the matchup in Doak is going to be so good. I do think these programs are in a very similar state. Personally I like where FSU is at the moment, but it's close.

And for the record, I agree that FSU is overrated every year. It sucks too because I really wanted the fun of dragging us out of the doldrums of 7-6 seasons in my dynasty. However every time I bought the game we were rated a 90+ and one of the 10 best teams in the game. blah...
Old 07-16-2009, 09:10 AM   #60
MVP

OVR: 21

Why does Buffalo have C's and D's across the board? I know they're not a traditional power but didn't they win their conference and reach a bowl game for the first time ever last year?

New York Giants- 1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007.

PSN ID- matt8204
Old 07-16-2009, 09:41 AM   #61
Rookie

FutureVol's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentuckyJared20
Why does UL have a 4* prestige rating? Oh and why is Tennessee soo damn good on D? An A really?
I mean did you seriously just ask that question....I mean really?

1. 4th in overall defense in the 2008 season
2. The addition of Monte Kiffin possibly the greatest defensive coaching mind in the NFL...EVER
3. Eric Berry..(i mean what else need to be said..)

4. Not to mention the Tennessee defense has been holding you guys back for the past...erm 20 something years.... (still dont know how we won in 07)

I mean its bad enough we may have like 4 people on offense who know what they are doing.....can we @ least have something..

AND im am jumping on the give VT some love train..

Last edited by FutureVol; 07-16-2009 at 09:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 09:44 AM   #62
Rookie

iLukeisamazing's Arena

OVR: 5

FSU has plenty of talent and if it weren't for some coaches and some of the knucklehead players we have, we'd be playing better year in and year out.

As for FSU v. Miami. Until UM shows me something with all new coordinators and Jacory Harris shows me he can do something against a D with teeth, FSU still has the advantage. FSU may have lost Carr and Smith, but no one confused them for our best skill players last year.
Atlanta Falcons
Atlanta Hawks
Old 07-16-2009, 09:53 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 1

Florida st. has speed strength etc, but they have zero discipline on and off the field. Watching BC torch them with the same play like ten times in a row made this clearly evident. Anyone on the FSU roster would be hard pressed to get a wonderlic of > 10.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:18 AM   #64
tnf
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom7jaguar
Florida st. has speed strength etc, but they have zero discipline on and off the field. Watching BC torch them with the same play like ten times in a row made this clearly evident. Anyone on the FSU roster would be hard pressed to get a wonderlic of > 10.
Right thats why they just had a rhodes scholar in Rolle, not to mention Ponder who was already working on his MBA by his junior year. I agree about the BC game, Mickey Andrews was a great d coordinator but the game has passed him by in a lot of ways. This will be Bowden and Andrew's last year, so next year the entire defensive staff will be revamped. As for off the field stuff, FSU has no more arrests then any other big program like UF, MIAMI, UGA,TENNESSEE, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »