Home

Thoughts to help REVAMP Dynasty mode

This is a discussion on Thoughts to help REVAMP Dynasty mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2009, 01:52 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: Thoughts to help REVAMP Dynasty mode

I'm def. feeling your ideas here.

I think you'll find this very interesting based on what you typed up.

LINK
Old 07-16-2009, 03:08 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

medical redshirts would be a great addition to dynasties. i just had my starting jr rb injured for 9 weeks in the 1st qtr of the 2nd game. would love to sit him out this year now!!
43 Conference Championships
3 Heisman Winners
106 All-Americans
on going NCAA Record 304 Consecutive Sellouts
There is No Place Like Nebraska

Old 07-16-2009, 03:22 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 60

Those are definitely some good ideas. If dynasty mode had all of that...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 03:25 AM   #12
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXBlackshirtsXx
medical redshirts would be a great addition to dynasties. i just had my starting jr rb injured for 9 weeks in the 1st qtr of the 2nd game. would love to sit him out this year now!!
YES I like this idea.

To the OP, I do agree with a lot of things you are saying. I would be happy with 3 assistants though. Yea having 9 would be more realistic but it would also be more tedious. Same goes with the practicing. I wouldn't mind having it as long as we can have the CPU control that.

The money thing is an interesting thing because that is part of college football. I also like the coaching career, bigger recruiting, and player suspensions.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:08 AM   #13
Rookie

sra9888's Arena

OVR: 5

Medical Reshirts are one thing that completely slipped my mind when posting earlier but it is DEFINATELY something that should be in as well.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:41 PM   #14
Rookie

CurryStorm's Arena

OVR: 4

One thing I would like to see in Dynasty mode is the ability to hide the numerical ratings for players. So instead of knowing that RB is an 82 overall with 85 speed (or whatever), the only information you have on him is his 40 time, height-weight, bench, stuff like that. You would really have to "practice" with your team to find out your best players. In reality, a coach doesn't have all their players numerically rated to show them who's the best player at a certain position, they have to practice and see who performs the best.

I believe doing this would make you more likely to try that 2nd or even 3rd string RB than how it presently is now. Most of the time, if you've got a 90 rated RB and an 80 sitting the bench, if the 90 overall starts to struggle, you're still not going to bench him b/c he has a so much better rating than the 80. But if their was no numerical rating, you would be more willing to give the backup a chance. You'd be like, "well, their 40s are close and the bench the same and the perform about the same in practice, might as well give the backup the start.

I know a lot of people wouldn't like this and it would take up time having to practice with the players to really see who's the best so that's why I'd just like the ability to hide the numerical ratings instead of get rid of them all together.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:30 PM   #15
Rookie

sra9888's Arena

OVR: 5

That could work. However, it would definately take a lot of practice time etc to distinguish who the better players are. Also, there would have to be some kind of marker on the player because it would be best to know an idea of who's better because in real life coaches have seen these kids play all the way back to HS and would have some idea. Maybe when you start a dynasty, players have a range of their rating. Say maybe your starting QB is a 75-85 and your backup is 70-78. The more you see them play the more accurate their ratings get. ALSO you would have a smaller range for Seniors than Freshmen etc. Kinda the way front office football works
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 04:41 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

How about once you sign and a player and he is on your roster, when you view his bio you can see his star rating, hometown, position rating etc. from when he was recruited.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »