Home

Thoughts to help REVAMP Dynasty mode

This is a discussion on Thoughts to help REVAMP Dynasty mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2009, 01:06 PM   #25
Rookie

goodfellagator22's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Thoughts to help REVAMP Dynasty mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by sra9888
Wow, I didn't realize there were still player suspensions on PS2 for the new season. The excuses are really gone now. If the NCAA isnt stopping them from allowing the feature on PS2 they are definately not the ones blocking it from the next gen games. It's just more lackluster programming
exactly, I always assumed that NCAA didn't want that put into the game, but it's apparently ok in the PS2 version. It still angers me there is a bunch of features like this left out in 2010!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2009, 02:37 PM   #26
Rookie

nighttrain32's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sra9888
1 - Convert to a calendar presentation. Similar to College Hoops 2k8. I would like to see recruiting, the spring game, etc presented in a calendar format. This would also help for other improvements I would like to see that are mentioned later.

2 - Expanded Rosters. If it's in the game... It should be in NCAA. Please expand rosters to the REAL LIFE 85 man scholarship limit. This would give users the opportunity to make a perfect roster set. Even if there is little knowledge of who these players are, it will help to bring realism and depth to rosters.

3 - This isn't as important as the others, but I would like to see FCS teams return to this game. This is another feature that would bring more realism to the game. Never heard of a FCS East.

4 - Full Coaching Staffs. I would like to be able to have a head coach with coach ratings like College Hoops 2k8 and a full staff with ratings in several categories. I would like to see ratings in not just the recruiting abilities, but also ratings in maximizing talent during games as well as improving players. A full staff would consist of (1) head coach, (9) assistant coaches, and (3) graduate assistants. Also, since there are a variety of ways schools use these assistants, I would like to see an ability to creatively assign the staff members to different aspects of the team. (See FBS coaching staffs for examples)

I would also like to see a coaching carousel and coaches improving/declining in abilities. Also, coaches moving up on staffs, being hired away, retiring, etc. Also having some smarter players that don't have pro potential become GAs etc.

5 - Player Suspensions. I know this may not be possible, but if there is ANY WAY to make this work please pursue this. It was an excellent feature in past games that brings depth and strategy to the game. It would also bring another recruiting tool (Coach Integrity)

6 - Bring a financial aspect to this game. This is very in depth and ties into other aspects of the game I would like to see implemented. First, if your team underachieves, boosters become upset and your money declines which would negatively impact recruiting, and alters scheduling philosophies in a way to generate revenue. (will go more in depth in #9)

7 - Career mode. This would go with coach movement etc. Give the ability to start at a small school and work your way up by achieving goals much like College Hoops 2k8.

8 - Practice. This would factor into the calendar feature. College football is about much more than just recruiting and Saturdays. I would like to see in depth practices. Work on different plays and styles of play and see an impact on how effective those plays are on Gamedays. If you work on certain plays make them more likely to succeed and if you work on running the ball then make those players improve faster etc. Also have the possibility of injuries during practice etc. Make the 1st day of practice like they are in real life. Practices leading up to spring game and then preseason practicing etc. There is so much you can do with this to make it an amazing dynasty experience.

9 - Expanded scheduling. This would be great with the financial aspect. First you can generate revenue by accepting deals to go play at big money programs. (do you take a game against an opponent you will likely lose to in order to generate much needed revenue, or do you take an easy victory but lose out on some cash or even pay for a weaker team to visit you) Also, have the ability for home and home or 2 for 1 series. Schedule up to 3 or 4 years into the future where you're not really sure what your roster will look like. With this, add the buyout option. This would be placed into the original contract you sign with other schools, so if you have extra money and decide that another team would be an easier win OR that you could get a nationally televised game and want out of your deal to lock up more money etc.

10 - Deeper Recruiting. Begin recruiting players before their Senior season in HS. See player statistics and have your coaching staff impact how you view players. Have staff members scout and recruit each week etc. Staff members can recruit different areas of the country and find "diamonds in the rough" etc.

Those are the 10 things that have come to my mind right now. What are your thoughts? If there are any NCAA developers that come across this, please feel free to discuss your thoughts on what is feasible. NCAA dynasty mode has become stale and I would love to see it jumpstarted in a big way.

why does it seem like the poeple on the outside have better improvement ideas than the people who actually make the game?
Old 07-17-2009, 02:45 PM   #27
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain32
why does it seem like the poeple on the outside have better improvement ideas than the people who actually make the game?
Because the people in the inside actually know what's possible and have a lot of different factors for implementing ideas and involve a lot more than just coming up with a good idea and including it into the game. There are tons of good ideas that aren't allowed for various reasons.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:48 PM   #28
XB1 GT: Cubone Jones

Cubone_Jones's Arena

OVR: 6

Over the past week, as I've played I've had a notebook beside me making a list of all the things I think should take place to make dynasty a new and unique experience next year. Here are some of my ideas, and I hope you guys like them. Maybe Russ or some of the devs will take a look. Get back at me with your thoughts.

1.Make it about the coach and “The Program”

I’m with Chris on this one. I think it should be focused around the coach more. I would like to see you start by creating your coach in great detail to look exactly how you want him to, and go from there. You could give him an alma mater, offensive, and defensive philosophies as well. I wouldn’t mind having real coaches in the game, but I don’t know if that is possible. A focus on the coaching experience and all that goes along with it would be great.

I do not, however, want an AD mode. I think the coach should have to do things to garner approval of his players, fans, boosters, and the AD, but let’s leave things like budget for others to worry about.

2.Team Chemistry

I’d love to have a more personal feel for my team. Put a chemistry factor in the game that affects performance on the field. I loved Chris’ idea to have interviews.

I’ll take that a step further. In dynasty after small games you can watch your impact players answer questions on the sideline, and you (the coach) can answer some too. During recruiting you can take into account a character rating, and GPA to make sure your impact guys don’t goof in front of the media.

During rivalries or big games, the post game can be in a press conference atmosphere. Of course, users would have the option to skip this, but think of the possibilities.

Answering these questions could have an effect on chemistry, fan approval, and booster approval. All three will have to do with overall coach approval and play into how successful you are as a coach.

It could all be done with text so no new recordings would be needed, and once your team really becomes a “family” then you can use it as a pitch to get new recruits. I don’t think the NCAA would disapprove of the discipline aspect if you emphasize the professionalism that student athletes have to portray.

3.Put the STUDENT back in student athlete

Let’s bring back the GPA. Let’s bring back academic probation, and but an importance on education. It doesn’t have to shed a bad light on the NCAA, but show how important it is for athletes to value school as well. I think it would be very cool to give each player a major and they could sometimes mention it in the game.

Just imagine Corso or Kirk saying “,Wow, this guy is smart too. Not only is a ball player, but he is a chemistry major!” or “This linebacker lays down the law again!” “That’s fitting Kirk, because he’s a criminal justice major.”

If done in the right way, I think this could be really cool.

4.SPRING BALLLLLL

Spring practices and the spring game are one of the best things about the offseason in college football. I personally can’t wait to hear how the scrimmages go for my Mizzou Tigers every year, and you learn who the playmakers will be for the next year.

I would love for them to go to make a week of it. I would really like to have positional drills/mini-games like Madden use to have. Add a few scrimmages and the spring game to end the week. This could all tie into progression and give the user a little more control over how they want their team to work out the next season.

5.Bring in the RADIO BROADCAST

I’m not sure how many of you will feel about this, but after I read Chris’ post about having another commentating crew, this is immediately what I thought of. You could listen to your teams radio network for all untelevised and regionally televised games. Hell, you could have the option to do it even for big games.

There are many benefits of having a radio broadcast. The radio can be bias towards your team. They can cheer you on and talk about players like they know them on a more personal level. I have lots of fond memories of listening to football games on the radio when they weren’t televised. They could use the same crew for every game and just from time to time have a customized, “You are listening to the BULLDOG radio Network” or something like that.

6.PRESENTATIONNNNNN

This might be the most important to me, because I really want to feel like my players are people. I don’t want dynasty to be all about the game, but I want all of the things that go on off the field to play a factor and effect how the team does on the field. It should all be related and you should have a story to tell after playing dynasty mode.

I’m tired of half of my team having the same faces. Madden has hundreds of faces and I think it’s about time that NCAA does too. It can’t be that hard.

I want to see my players in street clothes. Make halftime when the band plays, and you can have recruits recognized during the halftime show as visitors.

Have a national signing day where your recruits sit behind a table and pull out a hat or something. Make it dramatic!!!

Show the coach and impact players at press conferences answering questions. This could tie in with my first idea.

At the spring game, have player awards during the halftime show: most improved, best offensive player, best defensive player, etc.

If your player is nominated for an award then show a short clip from the awards ceremony. I want to see the suspense! College football is just as dramatic off the field as on it, and I’d like to see that in dynasty mode.

For once, let’s not mimic big brother madden with a AD Mode, but instead make this a more personal game. Make this about the players and coaches, and let us see!

7.Random Ideas

a.I NEED the ability to tweak my playbook from year to year. Atleast give us the create a playbook option back. If I get a percy harvin type receiver, I need to add a jet play to my arsenal, but I shouldn’t have to change playbooks all together. I am willing to add a new formation though!

b.Give us the option to make a rotation before games. If you have two good halfbacks then let them play every other series. If you want your defensive lineman to stay fresh then rotate them every few series.

c.Get rid of gimmicks. I appreciate the sentiment of “set-up plays” but don’t make it so obvious. Include things like this but don’t show them. That makes it to arcade-ish.

d.Make schedule negotiations an offseason-affair and make it more difficult. Teams like Utah State shouldn’t get a home game every year against USC just because they want it. Let there be home and homes, and let other teams refuse to play you!

e.Fix progression once and for all. I don’t know how they want to do it, but having so many 90s after a few years is ridiculous. I wouldn’t be opposed to making the rating system overall more like madden, because as others have stated, it gives teams an identity.

f.Chew lock is great, but I think that an accelerated clock that can be turned on in the options would be great too.

g.They need sliders for recruiting difficulty and maybe even progression!
Old 07-18-2009, 03:09 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 16

Survivor, the radio broadcast idea is terrible. Madden has/had it, and I think its horendous. I cant stand it. Part of the reasons why I did not buy Madden 09. Maddens commentating is just terrible.

I think the commentating just needs new lines.

Oh and to the OP and other posters here, the 85 man roster can not happen. In real life, only the home team has 85 players on the sideline. Teams can only take 70 players on the road. So unless EA makes us pick 70 players to bring on the road(which would take too much time for us to do), I hope that they do not expand the rosters.

Dynasty mode needs to have an AD Mode(brings in the financial aspect, the stadium aspect, the coaching aspect, the sponsorship aspect and the schedulind contracts aspect), player/team infractions, deeper recruiting, realistic recruiting(there should not be any 5* kickers or punters, the best kicker/punter should be a low 4* recruit, at best), world recruits, full and playable FCS teams with FCS scheduling and they can move up to the FBS, and all coaches named along with the coordinators named. Finally, when beginning a dynasty, ask us if we want to do an open or closed dynasty. In an open dynasty, we can pick any team we want. In a closed dynasty, the game gives us teams to pick from. These teams should be the worst in the game, and when the FCS is incorporated, they should be the worst of the FBS and the worst of the FCS. Oh and bring back the spring game, while having some of our commits "enroll early" so that they are eligible.

Presentation: Give us a Heisman show, weekly recap shows, and pregame shows(lee and kirk pick the winner),

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 07-18-2009, 04:05 PM   #30
XB1 GT: Cubone Jones

Cubone_Jones's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
Survivor, the radio broadcast idea is terrible. Madden has/had it, and I think its horendous. I cant stand it. Part of the reasons why I did not buy Madden 09. Maddens commentating is just terrible.

I think the commentating just needs new lines.

Oh and to the OP and other posters here, the 85 man roster can not happen. In real life, only the home team has 85 players on the sideline. Teams can only take 70 players on the road. So unless EA makes us pick 70 players to bring on the road(which would take too much time for us to do), I hope that they do not expand the rosters.

Dynasty mode needs to have an AD Mode(brings in the financial aspect, the stadium aspect, the coaching aspect, the sponsorship aspect and the schedulind contracts aspect), player/team infractions, deeper recruiting, realistic recruiting(there should not be any 5* kickers or punters, the best kicker/punter should be a low 4* recruit, at best), world recruits, full and playable FCS teams with FCS scheduling and they can move up to the FBS, and all coaches named along with the coordinators named. Finally, when beginning a dynasty, ask us if we want to do an open or closed dynasty. In an open dynasty, we can pick any team we want. In a closed dynasty, the game gives us teams to pick from. These teams should be the worst in the game, and when the FCS is incorporated, they should be the worst of the FBS and the worst of the FCS. Oh and bring back the spring game, while having some of our commits "enroll early" so that they are eligible.

Presentation: Give us a Heisman show, weekly recap shows, and pregame shows(lee and kirk pick the winner),
I know Madden did it. and I know it was horrible. That wasn't because it was a radio broadcast. That was because it wasn't done very well. Bring in some real radio guys. Bring in a color commentator for radio. Do it like they really do it, and it would be good.

I'm not saying to get rid of Lee and the Gang all together, but it wouldn't hurt to have another option.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:27 AM   #31
Rookie

sra9888's Arena

OVR: 5

First off, if there was an 85 man roster not EVERY player would be active. Many guys would be redshirted before the season so you really wouldnt have to worry about picking who you can bring with you. I really disagree with your idea of that not being possible for that reason. Besides, if EA can't keep track of 70 players and get rosters SOMEWHERE near correct, then they should at least give us the opportunity to put in more players and not have to choose between adding a freshman that is deep on the roster or a backup upperclassmen. Let us put in everyone on scholarship and go from there. Not impossible by any means.

I really get sick of some people getting defensive for EA. They havent updated commentary for SO LONG. They repackage the previous year's game, throw a couple gimmicks in, clean it up a bit and throw a bow on the top and call it the brand new amazing game. They've done this for so long that they are literally YEARS behind other games. Basic features that you see in sports games across the board are ignored because EA just chooses to repackage crap that USED to be ahead of the curve but are now just stale.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2009, 12:02 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 4

Here is some ideas I have for Dynasty Mode:

Make it where you can start out as a Offensive/Defensive Coordinator. I know a lot of ppl are thinking "what?" but stay with me on this, it could work.

First of all bring in a Create-a-Playbook mode (Playbook Builder I guess). And my idea on this is to set it up where you pick a certain amount of formations and your offensive/defensive strategy reflects what plays are available in those formations.

Ok now to the fun part. With Super-Sim this makes this very possible. Pretty much everyone knows how Road to Glory works (You only control your player). Adopt this method and make it where you only control the Offense/Defense depending on what type of coordinator you are.

Develop coaching attributes. Everyone knows a terrible coach can run a team in the ground no matter how many good players he has. But its the other way around too. A great coach can when a chamionship with a School of Deaf and Blind.

I have more ideas this is just my best one. And i think its a good one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »