Home

Left Tackle Glitch

This is a discussion on Left Tackle Glitch within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 04:36 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Left Tackle Glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_taul
i always keep a running back back there. and the the times my tackle didn't block, he didn't block either. he was hiding behind the center looking for someone to block ....and i use west virginas offense where its 2 back in the backfield. still no help & i got my pass block AI on 80
Old 07-16-2009, 05:18 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Yes, I get it too.

No, the defense isn't jumping the snap, I am watching for the pop-up indicator. Varying the snap count doesn't matter. Adjusting the gameplan doesn't help (Impact Blocks aggressive/conservative; Holding Blocks aggressive/conservative). I am not calling screen passes. The defense isn't blitzing. Just some plays the LT decides he isn't going to play and just stands up and stands still. The only thing I have noticed is that it tends to happen more when the RDE crashes down without shifting. I am playing on Heisman so I don't know if it happens on lower levels (is the CPU cheating???). My LT, who is 95 OVR, 64 SPD, 91 STR, 69 AGI, 70 ACC, 84 AWR, 91 PBK, 88 IBL, 89 PBS and 91 PBF has given up 10 sacks in 9 games - 4 against UNLV and their pathetic RDE (67 OVR I think) - and 9 of them have been just because he just didn't play (the other sack was because I tried to escape the pocket to the left, the CPU shifted the DL to the R and blitzed a LB and NB. I wasn't ready for it and rolled L only to get planted into the turf. QB out 5 weeks w/ separated shoulder ).

Last edited by utahman19; 07-16-2009 at 05:21 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:23 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

I forgot to say that sliding the protection to the L doesn't help, either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 05:36 PM   #12
Pro

C_Bailey24's Arena

OVR: 6

I have also seenthis a few times. And yes i do believe it's one of the cheats the cpu uses on Heisman along with a slight speed advantage and the infamous knowing of your plays. It has nothing to do with jumping the snap or the cpu running stunts. These plays the LT literally just stands there or even worse backs up turns toward the backfield for a sec and then tries to chase down the guy he just let by. It looks so silly. Dont get me wrong i'm having a pretty fun time with this game but at times the bullsht does kick in.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:38 PM   #13
Rookie

GetYaWeigtUp's Arena

OVR: 8

The OP is right, Ive played a few games online and I see it at least 2-3 times a game for both teams. One time I noticed in a 4-man front like a Dime or Nickel, where the DE and DT would run a game (aka stunt) and the LT would get get confused and let the DE run right past him. It seems as if the LT's AI is weird, because at times he just doesnt touch the DE, as if he is confused or something.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:41 PM   #14
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

locked..use the glitch thread.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »