Home

Anyone else cool with auto-naming?

This is a discussion on Anyone else cool with auto-naming? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2009, 02:56 PM   #17
Rookie

twigstudios's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Anyone else cool with auto-naming?

I watch alot of college football so auto-naming doesn't appeal to me. I follow teams so closely that I change names of the recruits based on the real recruits of that particular team. I collect Pre-season mags and log on to Rivals.com too so I get it correct as possible. Auto-naming is still a cool feature and I glad they have it. I could probably do it if there wasn't ANY real rosters available. I wish auto-naming was around when I was playing NCAA 98-2001 on the PS2 though.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:09 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
I went ahead and started a Dynasty with the random names for 3 reasons:

1 I can't wait!!!

2 Since by the start of the second season the NCAA rosters are already no longer realistic, what's the diff if you start out with "fantasy" players.

3 My teambuilder teams I might use (if they ever add the team color accessories) are all fictional so there goes realism anyway..

I have never done this before but now that I have 2 kids under 2 years old my gaming time is scarce and I don't want to wait for rosters. I have found it fun to go in and edit some players here and there and create a new alternate universe. It is nice to not have to roll my eyes if Tim Tebow leads the NCAA in passing yards...because he's not Tim Tebow, he's Danny Davis.

Also, if I use imported rosters on Madden, I don't have to cringe when Dez Bryant comes in with dreds and rated 67 OVR....because he's not "Dez Bryant" anymore.

Anyone else playing with auto-named rosters and enjoying it?
You made some good points there but I still need my real names and rosters. I doubt I'll be getting five years into a dynasty anyway, so it's nice to have the real names. It's cool to see your real, scrub freshman from this season turn into veterans in dynasty season four.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:11 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoyk
It's cool to see your real, scrub freshman from this season turn into veterans in dynasty season four.
This.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:21 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Cool with auto-naming? Most definitely. Thats all I've ever done. I was about to go crazy for a second there, because I kept hearing something about the rosters being broken.

Auto rosters are broken?! WTF, lol! Then I figured out that folks were just griping about some type of roster from EAs locker or some bull**** like that.

My NCAA game is a complete alternate universe for me man. However, I do create players after the first dynasty season is over, and I get those player names from College football Magazines.

I pretty much just close my eyes and rifle through pages and wherever I stop, whoevers roster is on that page, I use it to create the players to be drafted as freshmans into NCAA, lol. So, yeah I could have a Tim Tebow in the game, but aint no telling who he'll actually play for in my universe, lol.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:22 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

When i 1st started playing NCAA Football, i used 2 name all the top players from each team then auto-name the rest. Last year was the 1st time i had all the names correct and loved it. It just seems more enjoyable n realistic to have the real names. So now i cant enjoy the game without em. Thats just me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 03:25 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

I only play with fake names. I just don't care enough any more to wait around and restart a dynasty with real player names. Besides, the fake names aren't very bad so it works out.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:26 PM   #23
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Yes. I start with auto name then change a few of the bigger stars names I know already. Last year I went with auto names then used a downloaded save for Madden import but that was on PS3. Have to get it on 360 this year and can't get a save,I'll have to download through the game if I can (silver). At this rate there'll be a fully named roster by the time I get to rent it anyway cause they still didn't have it. (I'm starting to think they got in trouble for previous early releases)
Old 07-16-2009, 03:26 PM   #24
Rookie

Mr. Rad's Arena

OVR: 5

I have played the last couple years with named rosters. It was okay, but I actually prefer fantasy teams. I'm going back to not bothering with rosters, and simming ahead several years. Then I'll create a new coach and take over a squad.

It will also be a good test for my custom conferences, to see if everything is working out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »