Home

Can't generate offense on Heisman, getting ridiculous...

This is a discussion on Can't generate offense on Heisman, getting ridiculous... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2009, 03:34 PM   #1
Pro

jp7588's Arena

OVR: 6
Can't generate offense on Heisman, getting ridiculous...

I've had it up to here. I'm about to shoot my load. I can not generate any sort of offense against a respectable team on Heisman. My running back is getting tackled in the backfield, he isn't breaking any tackles, I'm being sacked or forced into throwing before I complete my drop back because someone on my OL routinely misses a blocking assignment.

I don't know what to. I'm in an OD with Wisconsin. and although I'm 4-1 (Lost to Minnesota this week, saw robo QB for the first time 12-14-265-3-0 no sacks) the only games I've had sustained success on offense were against Fresno State (their defense is pretty horrendous) and FCS Southeast... On defense I could hold my own, until I played against Adam Weber AKA The Second Coming. I just cannot sustain drives, in two of my four wins (Michigan State and NIU) I had to rely on a short field brought upon by timely fumbles to put up 19 pts (NIU) and 20 pts (MSU).

I just played a play now game with Wisconsin against VA Tech to see how I'd fare against a quality defensive opponent. I lost 20-0. Here are a few stats from the game:

I started Curt Phillips, he was 12-26 132 0-2 6 sacks. I was regularly sacked or forced to run for my life before I even completed my drop back. Upon inspection of the replays most of the time that was due to one of my O-linemen completely whiffing on their block.

John Clay (the 6'2" 245 pound reason I picked Wisconsin)- 14 carries 34 yards, he was tackled for a loss 8 times, EIGHT freaking times. He broke 0 tackles, ZERO broken tackles, 6'2" 245, 81 STR, 90 BTK, 90 TRK, 0 broken tackles. 27 yards after the first hit, which means since he broke ZERO tackles all but 7 of his yards were gained by falling forward on first contact. I looked at the replay on every run play, looked it over for at least a minute. Each time I was able to say "I had nowhere to go". My QB was sacked twice in the process of handing off to Clay. I'm losing my mind here.

Defensively I was fine. Taylor completed less than 50%. Their RB was slightly over 6 ypc and he had 7 broken tackles. I'm fine with that as long as the hoss I have in the backfield is represented similarly.

I feel cheated on Heisman. It's painfully obvious to me that, for the most part, ratings are thrown out the window. Things happen that defy the laws of physics, and football to make things harder on the user. On the other hand, I seem to pretty much have my way on AA. I'm at a loss here. I play in online dynasties with guys who firmly believe that you're not a man unless you play on Heisman, and wouldn't dare bother with sliders. Sliders are for girls. Even though I have to hear them screaming "bull****!" and "this game is ****ing terrible!" constantly in our Xbox Live party...

Sorry about the rant. I was enjoying the game but it seems like this is sucking that away in a hurry. I guess this is why working sliders are so important.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 03:47 PM   #2
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Can't generate offense on Heisman, getting ridiculous...

Maybe you are just not good, I'm having no problem with it.
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Old 07-16-2009, 03:49 PM   #3
Pro

jp7588's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapStar215
Maybe you are just not good, I'm having no problem with it.

LOLOOLOL MAYBE UR RITE
Old 07-16-2009, 03:57 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

Don't use turbo in the backfield.

And don't run around with the QB. At first just let the CPU drop you back and don't move the QB. Once you get used to that you can start moving around a bit to avoid the rush. But as with HBs don't use the turbo button unless you are going to run.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:04 PM   #5
Rookie

rockytopper522's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp7588
LOLOOLOL MAYBE UR RITE
can't u adjust the sliders
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 04:06 PM   #6
Rookie

ManOfLaMange's Arena

Lineman usually whiff on blocking assignments when you drop too far back too quickly. If you start sprinting backwards from the snap during passing plays the lineman also can ole their assignments.

Make sure you're running slants and quick ins and some curls for three step drop routes, posts, corners, and fly routes for five or seven step drops.

Also, with power backs like Clay (in my case Shonn Greene in last year's game) I pinch on every running play, even the ones that are counters or sweeps. Penetration kills running plays.

Also, mess with your sliders. They aren't very responsive, but maybe they'll be just enough to help.

And don't give up. If you just start playing All-American because you can't beat on Heisman, you'll never learn to play Heisman.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:06 PM   #7
Rookie

nine0bison's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockytopper522
can't u adjust the sliders
Try playing on All-American. I remember Ian Cummings from Madden (yeah I know this isn't Madden) say that levels like All-Madden are insanely difficult. I'm sure the same applies to NCAA.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:07 PM   #8
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

It's Heisman. It's supposed to be really good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »