Home

NCAA 10 has no Procedural Awareness(Treachery in the Trenches)

This is a discussion on NCAA 10 has no Procedural Awareness(Treachery in the Trenches) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 08:02 AM   #17
Rookie

Dynamite's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NCAA 10 has no Procedural Awareness(Treachery in the Trenches)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureVol
Never was I trying to convince myself that I "love the game" I just think it should be viewed for what it is A GAME....
It's a game designed to be a representation of a real life sport, played by real life people. Anyone who has seen the sport has a baseline expectation as to what a game whose publishers/developers are fond of marketing as "if it's in the game, it's in the game" contains in it. Namely, a football like substance if at all possible.

We've got some elements of success, but there are still glaring issues.

But since it's a game, I suppose I should be looking to aim for a headshot on the ref, grab the gold star to break all tackles for a limited time, or touch a magic mushroom to grow tall enough to knock down that last second touchdown. Games are designed to be fun, sports games are (with the exception of the street or arcade brands) supposed to represent the sports they play. When we see guys blocking for the wrong team, outright not acknowledging the responsibility for blocks and such...it's bad news.
Our purchasing power is being eroded. So especially now, the goods must be held to a standard. We end up happier as consumers, and the companies get a clear message: "We won't tolerate sub-par goods." It's a shame, no one cares to speak with their wallet.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:04 AM   #18
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

i am still tyring to figure out why some of you are here.

1. you are not buying the game
2. you think its broken
3. you rather play another company's game

i come to the forums and the front has topics like this that does nothing for anyone....

i dont like mlb 2k i never go on those forums NEVER. NOT EVEN TO TELL THEM ABOUT WHY I DONT LIKE THE GAME.

c'mon fellas i am appealing to your sense of decency please leave our boards or post in the impressions thread

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 07-17-2009, 08:18 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
i am still tyring to figure out why some of you are here.

1. you are not buying the game
2. you think its broken
3. you rather play another company's game

i come to the forums and the front has topics like this that does nothing for anyone....

i dont like mlb 2k i never go on those forums NEVER. NOT EVEN TO TELL THEM ABOUT WHY I DONT LIKE THE GAME.

c'mon fellas i am appealing to your sense of decency please leave our boards or post in the impressions thread
What I find more irritating is that people come along to the community boards once a year when the game comes out, post a couple of times and take ownership, telling people that they have no place. Everybody has the right to express their opinion as long as it's not offensive. The most offensive thing that I can think of is people telling other people to leave for no other reason than that they disagree with their opinion.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:24 AM   #20
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayvis
What I find more irritating is that people come along to the community boards once a year when the game comes out, post a couple of times and take ownership, telling people that they have no place. Everybody has the right to express their opinion as long as it's not offensive. The most offensive thing that I can think of is people telling other people to leave for no other reason than that they disagree with their opinion.

ah no, buddy

there is a thread for this type or stuff

ah i think its called " impressions"

and why didn't you make this thread ask yourself that, and hold them to that same standard

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 07-17-2009, 08:29 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 12

I actually like his videos. Like most people here, all we want is an accurate representation of the sport called football. It doesnt matter one bit to me who makes the game.

People can sit here and complain about a game all day long, but he takes the time to not only have a complaint, but to produce a video and show exactly what he is talking about.

With videos such as these and from other posters, there is no reason why EA cant look at them and improve. No longer is it about being able to "reproduce" the effect people complain about, as its spelled out for you in the videos.

As it stands now, football is the worst of all the next gen sports titles and that pisses me off. I am all for anything that people can do to show what needs to be improved so EA cant act like they dont have a clue to what the problem is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2009, 08:44 AM   #22
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
I actually like his videos. Like most people here, all we want is an accurate representation of the sport called football. It doesnt matter one bit to me who makes the game.

People can sit here and complain about a game all day long, but he takes the time to not only have a complaint, but to produce a video and show exactly what he is talking about.

With videos such as these and from other posters, there is no reason why EA cant look at them and improve. No longer is it about being able to "reproduce" the effect people complain about, as its spelled out for you in the videos.

As it stands now, football is the worst of all the next gen sports titles and that pisses me off. I am all for anything that people can do to show what needs to be improved so EA cant act like they dont have a clue to what the problem is.
fifa is in bad shape too. lol
and xbox baseball

BUT, i think yall missing my point, i got no beef with bad reviews or " impressions" just do it in the RIGHT place..

the reason i am in this thread is to help people realise APEX for his " questionable good intentions" wants to start riots to get change....

look at how many times he posts in the " helpful threads he makes" he puts up something thats rare but BAD gots everyone fire burning then disappears.... then the followers argue for days...

there are dudes who discuss and suggests helpful " fixes" and the devs come in and get nuggets of helpful info.....

how is this thread helpful.........

i hope i made my point clearly this is my last post in here have a good weekend fellas

#18 greatest EVA....

Last edited by carnalnirvana; 07-17-2009 at 08:48 AM.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:48 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 12

Not even remotely similar. FIFA is doing quite well and if FIFA isnt your cup of tea there there is always PES. Baseball? Dont even get people started. If you dont like 2k baseball, you have The Show which could probably be considered one of the best sports titles of all time ( and I hate baseball with a passion ).

Edit: And as far as the comment that Apex is wanting to start riots to get change...its obvious for anyone that has been following the NCAA football series for say....more than a day .. realizes that we have been moving in reverse since 2006. Obviously something hasnt been working when it comes to improvements.

Last edited by Crimsontide27; 07-17-2009 at 08:51 AM.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:00 AM   #24
Supporter

OVR: 22

People just don't get it, or refuse to want to get it, and its funny that each and every last discussion of one of his videos gets turned into something completely different because people don't want to/can't disscuss the issues; they'd rather attack somebody because of the way they talk, or question rather so and so is a fan boy of another company. You want constructive criticism? I think this is fairly constructive, there's even video evidence of the problem, and something along these lines are very prevalent and rampant in the game.

I hate to break this news to some of you, and I know it may be hard for some to understand, but everyone does not share your enthusiasm for this game, and some are going to post about it. People are literally crazy mad (not talking about anybody in particular in this thread) because people have something negative to say about this game, its quite ridiculous (again nobody in this thread). Lol @ this should be in the impressions thread, if you really want to be technical about it, half of the threads wouldn't exist because they fit the build of some sort of an impression.

You don't like MLB 2K, so you don't go into their forums and voice your displeasure, that's your own personal preference, and choice, just understand every will not do the same. @ "if I post a video of your favorite game having this same issue, will you lay off our forum" nobody is forcing you to watch his videos. The thread title speaks for itself, so you knew what you were getting when you came in here posting.

As for this video, it's pretty bad as is a vast majority of the blocking logic in this game. I can't say that I see a defender blocking for my RB (that's crazy), but I do see players missing their assignments, suction blocking, and players who appear not to have any sort of awareness at all, and while I don't see those things every play, I can say that something along those lines happen way too often, and often leads to the gameplay appearing to be completely broken. I haven't played a lot, but I'm going to give this game a fair shot by playing it more.

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »