Home

NCAA 10 has no Procedural Awareness(Treachery in the Trenches)

This is a discussion on NCAA 10 has no Procedural Awareness(Treachery in the Trenches) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 01:12 PM   #65
Rookie

nighttrain32's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA 10 has no Procedural Awareness(Treachery in the Trenches)

this has been said time after time but the ps2/xbox iterations of the game were better. sure 10 brings different features to the table and improved graphics but the game still has its flaws. there still is no contain logic for d ends right off the bat, backers till enter their drop on some pass plays, blockers in space aren't really that useful when you need them, there are tons of issues with the game. you can't fault apex for expecting a game where the majority of it makes sense. instead of improving he core gameplay, we got those cool band formations and the crowd yell defense in that high school gym. i'm not go to the point of saying that the ps3/360 owners are getting shafted but it seem like they just re-release old features and call them brand new. next year is create-a-play or player consequences in dynasty. i'm going to play this game regardless because i play an od with my a few friends but if that feature wasn't here, it would go to gamestop when madden comes out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2009, 01:14 PM   #66
SXL
Rookie

OVR: 3

he is correct about that 1 play, but it is just one play. Show me it happening 5 or 6 times in one game, then its a problem for me.

NOT FEELIN ME/ FINE/ COST YOU NOTHIN/ PAY ME NO MIND.

JAY Z
Old 07-17-2009, 01:25 PM   #67
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

No procedural awareness? I've seen it (or the appearance of it) plenty of times, but only when a receiver and a defensive back are competing one-on-one for the ball. Take this screenshot, for instance:

I've seen this exact animation in the game, where the defensive back has his head focused on the ball while trying to gain last-second separation from the receiver. I thought that animation screamed "procedural awareness" but since I'm no expert I guess my opinion is moot if the proof isn't in the code.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:27 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Apex - keep doing what you are doing man. Some guys just can't handle the truth, which is what you speak.

The fact that you have a constant pursuit of satisfaction is something to be admired - and believe me, it is shared. I hope to the OS gods that EA use you and your videos as something to base off of their next production(s), seriously.

Also, thanks for not posting any repliese to some of the idiotic comments thtat have been posted here - some of us are just more hardcore and are in for the greater good rather than the greater "now".

If we had all shared that kind of mentality then Ian Cummings job as we know it would be unknown to the world, not to mention a couple blogs short, and we would be left in the dust the way NCAA team has done.

With that said, I personally enjoy the game. I know I am playing an EA SPORTS game - so nothing surprises me.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:47 PM   #69
Pro

DereckM's Arena

OVR: 8

I think the real sad part about the whole argument is the fact that. Apex has been making videos for how long now? And EA has been making games with some of the same problems for how long now? So you get upset at a guy that makes a video about a game. But you dont get upset about a company that has made a game that has had the same problems for years?

Its not ok to admit that the game has problems. And has had the same said problems for years. Just like its not ok to beat the same dead horse.

Its really more of the same from Apex's videos and EA's games. Honestly I dont watch Apex's videos anymore. I know what he is saying. But at the same time I dont buy EA's games that have the same problems year after year either. I know what they are about. Its just that simple.

Last edited by DereckM; 07-17-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:51 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DereckM
I think the real sad part about the whole argument is the fact that. Apex has been making videos for how long now? And EA has been making games with some of the same problems for how long now? So you get upset at a guy that makes a video about a game. But you dont get upset about a company that has made a game that has had the same problems for years?

Its not ok to admit that the game has problems. And has had the same said problems for years. Just like its not ok to beat the same dead horse.

Its really more of the same from Apex's videos and EA's games. Honestly I dont watch Apex's videos anymore. I know what he is saying. But at the same time I dont buy EA's games that have the same problems year after year either. I know what they are about. Its just that simple.
Everybody Read this post and understand it, because this is the problem. Same APEX videos for years, same gameplay problems and you're mad at him. Some of you have it backwards.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:54 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 21

One thing I am learning from this whole dev cycle thing is whatever the devs dont talk about is more than likely something they dont want to deal with or just cant deal with.

I dont doubt the devs want to make the best game possible, but I do think they have done all they can do with this engine. Which is why they dont discuss Defensive and Offensive line play. They talk around it.

it would be cool if one of them would talk about whats the thinking behind how the lines interact with each other, and how the game plan features tie into it all.

Sometimes we think stuff is broken because we dont understand the tech. Sometimes the tech is really broken. If I was a dev I would explain that stuff you see in Apex vid, not hide from it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2009, 01:59 PM   #72
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
You ever wonder why Apex posts here, then doesn't reply?

What I have here is a post that I want APEX to reply to:

Teams/Players/Ratings don't matter. 1st - they do. You are obviously using Teambuilder teams, so I am very curious as to the ratings of #53 (your LG who was pulling into open behind your center on the play, not the center as you stated). Seeing as there is no head tracking in the game for blocking (which EA has never stated there was), the LG sits there and waits for someone. He turns the left first because the safety isn't in the hole.

He could also have low ratings in vision or blocking to create this, but who knows.

As for the "backwards blocking". It's a suction block. We all know that. You have made videos on it before. So, essentially, you are making a video on suction blocking, which has been in every football game...ever.

Truth Chaser? Try Fame Seeker. Making the same video and claiming they are different things is an attempt to cause controversy on something that is an already known fact, and you post it here because you know we have become the "big name" on the web for sports gaming. Trying to get your 15 minutes, I suppose.

People are catching on to you, bud. Time to come up with something new.

Again, I would like Apex to respond to this post, as he is the one who is calling out this video. I want to see his response. And try to type this one out, I think Operation Sports has seen our website on your videos enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Honestly - I want a response to a valid point. He puts single vids up of single plays all the time, yet never puts a bunch of plays back to back up.

There is a reason for that, and it's the same reason why there was SO much negative reaction to this game prior to release, and now it's MOSTLY positive. That is because everyone pays attention to one play at a time instead of the product as a whole.

I even admit in my post that suction blocking is there, which it is. But it's been in every football game to date, with no exception. So that is nothing new.

All I want is a response to what the LG was rated, what the team was (if it was a TB team, what is it so we can download it), and why he brought up a known issue in another video?

Millennium, Operations Sports' very own Truth Chaser

Seriously Mill I doubt that you will get a response because at this point it seems like these videos are all about self promotion and getting the most views.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

Last edited by N51_rob; 07-17-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »