Home

Using speed burst when running

This is a discussion on Using speed burst when running within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2009, 03:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Using speed burst when running

When you run the ball, how many of you hold the speed burst button down from the second you get the handoff? I'm asking because I read an article on here yesterday where the guy was saying it's better NOT to use it like that and to use it only when you are in open field? I don't understand that. No disrespect to the guy that wrote the article but I just don't see it that way. I hold it down from the get go because I want to hit the holes, the corner, whatever as fast as possible. I'm not an expert at the game but I've had decent success running the football this way forever. I just don't see an advantage from making your running back slower if you can speed him up a tad by just hitting a button. What are ya'lls thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2009, 03:15 PM   #2
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Using speed burst when running

the game seems to cheat when you hold speed burst.

what i do is get the ball on the handoff, right stick juke to pick a hole, then accelerate as i hit the LOS. that works best for me.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:18 PM   #3
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Well when you don't press the sprint button all of your moves as a running back are more effective. Your jukes, spins, stiff arms and highlight stick are all more effective and you can cut and see cutback lanes better. The game also seems to be programmed to have the d-line break their blocks if you sprint by them.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:19 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

in previous versions, doing what you do, holding sprint button from get-go, has worked well and hasnt been a problem or a reason not too.

however, i've noticed that in this year's game, when i just hold it from the start i sometimes cant get to the cutback lanes or bounce outside when they open. if the original hole is there it is fine, but if the d plugs that hole and forces me somewhere else, im not able to get there.

but if i wait just a second to see the hole before i hit sprint, i have more success. i can see the holes better. once i see the hole, i hit the button and run through.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:21 PM   #5
Timo time

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

still trying to kick the habit of instantly holding down speed burst. I have noticed my running is more effective when I don't sprint from the get-go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2009, 03:24 PM   #6
Redskins Pride

OVR: 6

I thought the Right Trigger / Sprint button cast +2 Spell of Visibility on my runner. B/c I'm pretty sure he's invisible until I press that button.

Last edited by Redskins Pride; 07-17-2009 at 03:29 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:29 PM   #7
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

I usually try not to use the Sprint button until there is a clear path. I love the running game from I-form this year. just played a game where ran the ball 54 times for 270 yards on default Heisman against an equal team. nothing longer than 25 yards, but did get a few over 15. i mixed in a bunch of inside runs with a few outside runs.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 07-17-2009, 03:33 PM   #8
Rookie

ManOfLaMange's Arena

OVR: 7

If you've ever seen Jaquizz Rodgers from Oregon State run, that's who you should emulate to have a lot of success in this year's game. Just stick behind a guard or a tackle for as long as possible, and then hit the burst when there are wide receivers throwing blocks downfield. I'm averaging 7 yards a carry on Heisman with sorry Stephen Simmons of Northwestern.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »