Home

Chew clock online HAS GOT TO GO!!!!!

This is a discussion on Chew clock online HAS GOT TO GO!!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2009, 11:27 AM   #17
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Chew clock online HAS GOT TO GO!!!!!

Yeah against the computer my house rule is pretty much only to used it when the cpu would. The situations I have seen are about the last 2 min on the half and 3 min of a game. Unless it is a complete blowout then ill use it to just get the game done if I don't supersim.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:32 AM   #18
Rookie

KentuckyJared20's Arena

OVR: 3

Does chew clock some how magically use more time than the 25 second play clock? No, then how is it cheesing? It's called ball control, and it's smart, realistic football when you get up late in the game and you decide to use the clock. Stop him and then you wouldn't have this problem.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:39 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetdemon
CHew clock does not make the game more realistic. If you are too lazy to run the time off the clock yourself you should not be playing the game. At least as far as online goes.

It is cheesy as heck to have some dude jump up by 14 online then chew clock the entire game without it taking any of his own skill etc. Then you score enough to make it a close game anyway but time runs out.

Did it take any skill on his part? HECK NO
Could he do it manually without being lazy? HECK YES
Does it ruin online gameplay? In certain cases yes.

How would i Fix it
1. Make the quarters 8 minutes instead of 5.
or
2. Disable the feature in online games
Umm, it's not about being lazy, it's about not wanted to be BORED TO DEATH by watching the clock tick down. If someone wants to control the clock they're going to, no point forcing you to sit through it.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:42 AM   #20
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24
Icon6 Re: Chew clock online HAS GOT TO GO!!!!!

Quote:
CHew clock does not make the game more realistic. If you are too lazy to run the time off the clock yourself you should not be playing the game.
8 minute quarters? Why not 15 minute quarters and a 12 minute halftime period, Mr. Realistic?
Old 07-18-2009, 11:43 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
CHew clock does not make the game more realistic. If you are too lazy to run the time off the clock yourself you should not be playing the game. At least as far as online goes.

It is cheesy as heck to have some dude jump up by 14 online then chew clock the entire game without it taking any of his own skill etc. Then you score enough to make it a close game anyway but time runs out.
I use chew the clock feature usually to combat cheesers. For example, last night I played against Ohio State and Okie State. Both players picked the same play and never huddled. They didn't punt and I knew when I got the lead it was over. I beat OSU 23-7 and Okie State 24-3. I use Nebraska and run a lot of option and mix in the pass only when needed. The chew the clock feature combats players like this in the sense that you can use ball control and limit the amount of time they can run their crap offense?!?! I love the strategy feature in this game because playing the pass and focusing on a certain receiver adds so much more on defense.

I think the people that are complaining are those that played 09 and got use to the instant offense and no defenses played in that broken version of the game. This year you can actually play defense and people are having a hard time adjusting their 09 offensive style to this format. I was one of those...i could never commit to the run, but this year I am a run 80 throw 20 guy...and having my defense shut people down. I am having a blast so far!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2009, 11:43 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:

Did it take any skill on his part? HECK NO
Could he do it manually without being lazy? HECK YES
Does it ruin online gameplay? In certain cases yes.

How would i Fix it
1. Make the quarters 8 minutes instead of 5.
or
2. Disable the feature in online games

Not cheesy...that's just playing scared.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:48 AM   #23
All Star

OVR: 33

So you'd rather wait 10 seconds than 1... uh what?

I was playing a cheeser once in M09. Whenever I had the ball, i would wait 39 seconds b4 i would snap the ball with 1 second to go.

I held the ball for 8 minutes with about 10 plays.

Chew clock is fine. No one wants to sit there doing nothing.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:49 AM   #24
Rookie

FSU Spear 'Em's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcunl
I use chew the clock feature usually to combat cheesers. For example, last night I played against Ohio State and Okie State. Both players picked the same play and never huddled. They didn't punt and I knew when I got the lead it was over. I beat OSU 23-7 and Okie State 24-3. I use Nebraska and run a lot of option and mix in the pass only when needed. The chew the clock feature combats players like this in the sense that you can use ball control and limit the amount of time they can run their crap offense?!?! I love the strategy feature in this game because playing the pass and focusing on a certain receiver adds so much more on defense.

I think the people that are complaining are those that played 09 and got use to the instant offense and no defenses played in that broken version of the game. This year you can actually play defense and people are having a hard time adjusting their 09 offensive style to this format. I was one of those...i could never commit to the run, but this year I am a run 80 throw 20 guy...and having my defense shut people down. I am having a blast so far!
I'd love to play against you sometime. I'm on 360 and my gamertag is Triple Xposed. FSU is my #1 team (favorite) and I hate Nebraska if only for the epic battles against them in the 90's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »