Home

Chew clock online HAS GOT TO GO!!!!!

This is a discussion on Chew clock online HAS GOT TO GO!!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2009, 07:24 PM   #57
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Chew clock online HAS GOT TO GO!!!!!

So is chew clock the same as accelerated play clock?
Old 07-18-2009, 07:28 PM   #58
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
Teams run the clock down to :01 from the first play to the last play of the game. Like someone else said. If chew clock wasn't in the game you would be bitching because someone wasted your time by running the clock down every play. I personally don't like sitting at the LOS for 20 seconds while I milk the clock. Chew Clock allows me to run my ball control offense and not get bored in between plays. It's a nice trade off for the game not having players entering and exiting the field in between play calls.

Thank you. In years past I wouldn't snap the ball until the play clock was under 5 seconds. This year, the chew clock feature just speeds everything up. If the feature wasn't in the game, I would still be chewing clock. This isn't cheesing or cheating.

I like to run the ball down the defense's throat, set up play action, and control the game. If you can stop my me, I punt.

My play pisses off cheesers the most. They can't stand it if I go on long sustained drives.

Eliminating the Chew clock feature would not prevent someone from running down the clock!
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Old 07-18-2009, 07:34 PM   #59
MVP

sooner1's Arena

OVR: 10

I lost yesterday due to chew clock. The time warped off the board before I called timeout. Bam clock went from around 10 to zero end game. I was like wtf???
Old 07-18-2009, 07:37 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetdemon
I am sorry but it does not make the game more like actual football. Richrod cant say ok boys we are going to turn on Chew clock in QTR one and let the playclock auto take time away. They run it theirself. That is realism.
First of all, Richrod does not run chew clock because chewing the clock is something you do when you are winning. Second, all chew clock does is take the time that would otherwise be spent idly at the LOS and speed it up, thereby saving everyone time.

If you don't want to be clock chewed, get a lead.

I'd rather drink beer because drinking alot of beers makes you more manly.
Old 07-18-2009, 07:44 PM   #61
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner1
I lost yesterday due to chew clock. The time warped off the board before I called timeout. Bam clock went from around 10 to zero end game. I was like wtf???
This guy actually could complain about it. Saying someone ran down the clock to 1 is actually realistic. Time warping of the clock after a critical play is where chew clock could hurt this game. But using it to run time off the click isn't a bad thing at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2009, 07:49 PM   #62
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetdemon
I am sorry but it does not make the game more like actual football. Richrod cant say ok boys we are going to turn on Chew clock in QTR one and let the playclock auto take time away. They run it theirself. That is realism.
No Rich Rodriguez doesn't say that, but in the time it takes to get the play in and get all the audibles and whatever changes need to be made at the line, that time has ran off the play clock. Calling plays on a video game goes a lot faster than it does in real life. This feature makes it so people don't have to wait and watch a bunch of nothing happen. It also is realistic because it actually incoporates the time a team would take to call a play in real life most of the time. Think about it, how often do you see the ball snapped with 15-20 seconds left on the play clock. Rarely if ever. It is more realistic to have this feature on technically.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:42 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufgators253
No Rich Rodriguez doesn't say that, but in the time it takes to get the play in and get all the audibles and whatever changes need to be made at the line, that time has ran off the play clock. Calling plays on a video game goes a lot faster than it does in real life. This feature makes it so people don't have to wait and watch a bunch of nothing happen. It also is realistic because it actually incoporates the time a team would take to call a play in real life most of the time. Think about it, how often do you see the ball snapped with 15-20 seconds left on the play clock. Rarely if ever. It is more realistic to have this feature on technically.
Obviously you have never played football in your life and if you did it wasnt in a spread offense. Calls take 5-10 secs for the coaches to signal in. unless there is a timeout for a crucial playcall. Even then the 10 seconds still have to tick off the clock. They dont just say ok trips right 42 ok warp 5 secs off.

and the ball is snapped at different intervals depending on the gametime etc. Even when its snapped at 20+ they are on the field lined up doing auds etc. They dont start the play with 5 secs to go rush to the line and hike the ball.The time ticks off.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:54 PM   #64
Rookie

Jim Jones's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufgators253
This guy actually could complain about it. Saying someone ran down the clock to 1 is actually realistic. Time warping of the clock after a critical play is where chew clock could hurt this game. But using it to run time off the click isn't a bad thing at all.
It's not realistic to bring the clock down to 1 every play you have the ball for the last 3 quarters and I've never seen ANYONE do that until this game, because people don't want to sit through the entire playclock every single down because it takes too long. Even the cheesiest of the cheesy wouldn't do it, but now that we have chew clock taking off a good chunk of it for them, it makes it easy for them to do it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »