Home

I really like the game but WAY too many INJUURIES!!!

This is a discussion on I really like the game but WAY too many INJUURIES!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2009, 12:57 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 20
Re: I really like the game but WAY too many INJUURIES!!!

Finished a full season yesterday. Had one - yes, ONE - significant injury all season. If the injury engine is such that some years you will get hit hard by injuries and other years you will not, that's awesome. But, as it relates to this thread, my experience has been exactly the opposite so far: still not enough injuries.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2009, 01:00 PM   #42
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

I haven't had a problem with injuries. I played a 3 game stretch where I had one injury and it was for 1 quarter. Most of the injuries are minor injuries and that is more like real football.
If you really hate injuries, you can turn them off. But that would just be ridiculous.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:55 PM   #43
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Im starting to feel this way too. Injuries happen an awful lot. I don't think I've played a game yet as Michigan where Minor, and Brown both haven't gotten hurt at least once during the game. Its never for a significant length of time, but it gets a bit frustrating. Its a part of football though, so im ok with it. But they do seem a bit more frequent than I'd like. Oh well.
Old 07-19-2009, 05:34 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 38

Too many injuries...I'm getting tired of never seeing my starting halfback in the 2nd half.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:28 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 37

Are we playing the same game? Just finished my first dynasty season and I had three multi week injuries, the longest being 7 weeks. In game injuries DO occur regularly. I think this year the injuries are excellent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2009, 06:51 PM   #46
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

I played a game with Michigan last night and everyone and his brother kept getting hurt. Minor got hurt multiple times before finally getting knocked out for the game, the QB got hurt as well. I was playing against Iowa, and their running back got hurt 4 times, and finally on the fourth time he was out for the game. That is NOT realistic.

Then I played a game earlier today, and noone on either team got hurt.

I'm just going to turn them off because to me it's annoying. Guys don't get hurt 4-5 times in a game in real life.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:51 AM   #47
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
I played a game with Michigan last night and everyone and his brother kept getting hurt. Minor got hurt multiple times before finally getting knocked out for the game, the QB got hurt as well. I was playing against Iowa, and their running back got hurt 4 times, and finally on the fourth time he was out for the game. That is NOT realistic.

Then I played a game earlier today, and noone on either team got hurt.

I'm just going to turn them off because to me it's annoying. Guys don't get hurt 4-5 times in a game in real life.
I disagree as it evens says in the manual that if you continue to play an injured player that you are risking losing them for longer..........JUST LIKE IN REAL LIFE! I love this year's injury engine as it is now closer to the way it should be. For those who don't like injuries, turn it off! How hard is that??

Seriously, it has taken EA how many years to finally give us sim players a game where we actually have to coach and play our players in a strategic manner. If those who run around with the QB's game in and game out are at risk...........once again.....I LOVE THAT! Those who keep over playing their running back........are at risk.........just like in real life.

THANK YOU EA FOR FINALLY LISTENING as previous years you could go almost an entire season and still not see any injuries. Now the game is realistic in this department!
Old 07-20-2009, 11:25 AM   #48
MVP

OVR: 9

It's people who complain about too many injuries that ruin the realism of injuries. Last year there were no injuries at all. This year people actually get hurt and everyone complains.

This is why we need a dang injury slider.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »