Home

What's the biggest mistake you've made head to head?

This is a discussion on What's the biggest mistake you've made head to head? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2009, 10:16 PM   #1
Redskins Pride

OVR: 6
What's the biggest mistake you've made head to head?

Like where you just hang your head down and are like, ZOMG...

Last night I'm up by two scores on my way to my first ranked win (yes, i suck at this game). And I am feeling nice and I stop this dude, he gets a penalty and I, magnamious in my near-to-be victory, decline. He goes for it on 4th down and takes it to the house on a HB screen, recovers the ensuing onsides kicks and scores again to go into OT ... which turns out to be an EPIC 10+ OT game back and forth ... which I finally win like an hour and a half later.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2009, 10:29 PM   #2
Pro

wisecav's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: What's the biggest mistake you've made head to head?

Tie game at 14 against one of my buddies, Penn State vs Florida. Ball on about my 40 with about a minute left. 4th and long and I hit R1 (throw away) instead of L1 (halfback). Turnover on downs + 15 and he kicks a field goal to win it. This was after me being up 14-0.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:34 PM   #3
Timo time

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

In the first quarter I was going to punt and didn't realize that it defaulted to 'fake punt run' (I just assumed it defaulted to punt so I immediately selected that without actually seeing what play it was)
I was on my own 22. I snap it and am shocked at seeing my back getting the ball and he was stuffed behind the line. My opponent ended up scoring a field goal, which was the difference.
The final was 24-21. He won.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:40 PM   #4
All Star

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins Pride
Like where you just hang your head down and are like, ZOMG...

Last night I'm up by two scores on my way to my first ranked win (yes, i suck at this game). And I am feeling nice and I stop this dude, he gets a penalty and I, magnamious in my near-to-be victory, decline. He goes for it on 4th down and takes it to the house on a HB screen, recovers the ensuing onsides kicks and scores again to go into OT ... which turns out to be an EPIC 10+ OT game back and forth ... which I finally win like an hour and a half later.
I was at the midnight release for the game at Gamestop and they held a tournament for it. My opponent picked Florida and I picked Georgia (mistake #1, Florida is ridiculously good in the game, I should have picked a better team).
Anyway the game went to OT and after he scored I took it down to the 2 yard line. I was stopped on a run up the middle on 3rd down. On 4th a ran a bootleg pass and had a guy right in front of me with a defender trailing and plenty of room to walk it into the endzone. I end up passing it and AJ Green drops it. I'm still mad at my decision, it cost me a free copy of the game
Old 07-18-2009, 11:44 PM   #5
Pro

nightcreeper's Arena

OVR: 9

(well it really wasnt my fault but...) i was playing some guy who was using florida and he recovered to fumbles in less than 2 mins apart and scored both times and won..... **** EA!!! (sometimes atleast)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2009, 12:13 AM   #6
Timo time

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Florida is WAY too good in this game. Plus people abuse them online. I hate Florida with a passion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »