Home

Played 5 games on AA, 5 games on Heisman

This is a discussion on Played 5 games on AA, 5 games on Heisman within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2009, 10:55 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 20
Played 5 games on AA, 5 games on Heisman

with Default sliders each.

I have much more success, and realism on AA than I do on Heisman. I played with Penn State for each of the 10 games, all against the same opponent (Western Kentucky).

AA games were blowouts, as they should be. WKU couldn't do anything against PSU's defense.

The Heisman games were a bit more strange. First, PSU couldn't run the ball at all. It took me 5 games to equal the total I got in 2.5 games on AA. Everytime I had a play set up, it resulted in a turnover or a sack. Which leads me to my next point...the CPU DL is completely unblockable on heisman, and when I increased the HUM RBA, and PBA the CPU DL became even more unblockable. Moved the sliders up to 100, the break block to 0, and AWR down to 10...I went to shotgun and by the time the ball got back there, I had not 1, but 2 DT's sacking my QB.

It's almost like on Heisman the CPU knows your play, which IMO makes Heisman virtually unplayable. If WKU beat PSU 4 times out of 5 on Heisman, by 10+ pts each, I'd hate to see what a good team would do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2009, 11:09 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 16
Re: Played 5 games on AA, 5 games on Heisman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiehm
with Default sliders each.

I have much more success, and realism on AA than I do on Heisman. I played with Penn State for each of the 10 games, all against the same opponent (Western Kentucky).

AA games were blowouts, as they should be. WKU couldn't do anything against PSU's defense.

The Heisman games were a bit more strange. First, PSU couldn't run the ball at all. It took me 5 games to equal the total I got in 2.5 games on AA. Everytime I had a play set up, it resulted in a turnover or a sack. Which leads me to my next point...the CPU DL is completely unblockable on heisman, and when I increased the HUM RBA, and PBA the CPU DL became even more unblockable. Moved the sliders up to 100, the break block to 0, and AWR down to 10...I went to shotgun and by the time the ball got back there, I had not 1, but 2 DT's sacking my QB.

It's almost like on Heisman the CPU knows your play, which IMO makes Heisman virtually unplayable. If WKU beat PSU 4 times out of 5 on Heisman, by 10+ pts each, I'd hate to see what a good team would do.

It also depends on your skill level. we all have diff levels and to me I can beat top teams rather easy on AA with a cheap team

this year to me heisman is less of a cheat then before.

I am getting blow outs with top teams and loses and close games with more evenly matched teams

Also no sports game is going to be to your skill set on default sliders.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:15 AM   #3
MVP

I only play 5 minute quarters, and I wouldn't consider myself a very good player. I'm probably average, but I've always been pretty good at running the ball.

games on AA rushing:

38-197-2 (139 passing)
41-175-3 (221 passing)
37-188-2 (155 passing)
45-215-4 (128 passing)
33-143-1 (238 passing)

Heisman

25-49-0
28-69-0
38-120-1
21-32-0
13-8-0 (I was down 27-0 after 1 quarter in this one)

There was just absolutely zero running room on the heisman level
Old 07-19-2009, 12:17 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
I only play 5 minute quarters, and I wouldn't consider myself a very good player. I'm probably average, but I've always been pretty good at running the ball.

games on AA rushing:

38-197-2 (139 passing)
41-175-3 (221 passing)
37-188-2 (155 passing)
45-215-4 (128 passing)
33-143-1 (238 passing)

Heisman

25-49-0
28-69-0
38-120-1
21-32-0

There was just absolutely zero running room on the heisman level

Trust me you can run on heisman. I had to lower my run blocking and rb ability on heisman because i ran for over 120 most times

Try this... Never use the sprint button in heisman

follow the blockers and be patient

raise the run blocking slider for yourself and lower the break block for the cpu a bit

see how that work for you... Practice Practice Practice
Old 07-19-2009, 12:40 PM   #5
Banned

So you found that Heisman is more challenging than AA? Glad you saved me the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2009, 12:55 PM   #6
Rookie

jahbacca's Arena

OVR: 2

Heisman

25-49-0
28-69-0
38-120-1
21-32-0

Wow, you're Heisman numbers look like my AA rushing numbers (minus the 120yd game of course.) I really suck at running the ball, and it's my preferred style of offense. Hey Football, I take it your tips would apply to AA as well? I'm gonna try it out. Thanks.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:02 PM   #7
Rookie

bricap's Arena

OVR: 2

I find Heisman is pretty cheap. With the default sliders, pass rush is a joke, yet the CPU has no problem doing it. And zone coverage is basically a waste because the QB has all day to wait for the receiver to break the zone. Most games I'm lucky to get the QB to miss 4-5 passes tops.

AA is way too easy though. I'm winning games by 40+ points (which really hurts my sportsmanship ratings!!). Check out the slider sub-forum. From the posts it looks like people have found some good ground between the robo qb/no pass rush Heisman and always a blowout win AA.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:07 PM   #8
Pro

wisecav's Arena

Quote:
It's almost like on Heisman the CPU knows your play
I think it does lol I was using the flexbone against Iowa with my created team and every time I passed (out of the flexbone) they would always be in Cover 3 or 4. Sometimes they would even go Max Zone and drop the ends in coverage.
Boston Celtics
Boston Red Sox
Washington Capitals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »