Home

CPU Option Pitch Interception

This is a discussion on CPU Option Pitch Interception within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2009, 11:02 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
CPU Option Pitch Interception

Here's the deal. I fire up dynasty and my first game is against Boise State. I win the toss and elect to receive the ball, my blockers open up a nice hole on the left side and I'm stopped just short of a TD. My first play, I decide to go with an old 09 standby to break their back, WR Mtn Option to the left. Out of the gate the pitch is intercepted, which never happened in 09, even when I played teams like Miami who correctly dealt with the option. The only reason the DB didn't score a TD was because of field position.

I figured, okay, just a fluke. Let's go for it again. Nope, intercepted. And it's not like I'm not throwing, here. In fact, it seems like I'm throwing at will like a simple pitch and catch game. When the option was intercepted one more time, I turned my 360 off in disgust and walked away.

I sincerely hope this is fixed, because nobody ever plays the option that aggressively and certainly never that successfully.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2009, 11:08 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: CPU Option Pitch Interception

I don't know why you are so disgusted.... The D is smarter this year and played off your pitchman, which explains why the DB was shadowing your running back. Next time don't pitch it and just take the small loss or gain.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:21 PM   #3

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DearbornDolfan
I sincerely hope this is fixed, because nobody ever plays the option that aggressively and certainly never that successfully.
Yea because in real life the QB doesn't pitch it with a DB waiting there to intercept it.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:24 PM   #4
stewaat

OVR:

Are you serious? Turn down the difficulty if it's too hard.

Old 07-19-2009, 12:25 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yea, I had that happen, and it hasn't happened since. This is because I did not pitch it late, or I kept it for the short gain. If you are running an option like that WR MTN OPTION, I usually hand off to the RB first, then a keeper. Keeps the D a bit more honest. Also, the fake pitch is awesome, so add that to your tool box too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2009, 12:26 PM   #6
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

http://beta.easports.com/media/play/video/7460755

I play that aggressively...and I'm successful with it, lol.

But no...seriously, sometimes you have to know when to just take a loss and not take big risks.

Plus the game allegedly has adaptive AI , so if you keep doing the same thing over and over and over guess what's going to happen?
Old 07-19-2009, 12:38 PM   #7
Rookie

bucknut88's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
http://beta.easports.com/media/play/video/7460755

I play that aggressively...and I'm successful with it, lol.

But no...seriously, sometimes you have to know when to just take a loss and not take big risks.

Plus the game allegedly has adaptive AI , so if you keep doing the same thing over and over and over guess what's going to happen?
exactly

sounds like we got a cheeser on our hands. Sorry that you can't continue to run the same play again and again and again....
Old 07-19-2009, 01:52 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2

That's my point. It happened on the very first play from scrimmage, adaptive AI should've not entered into it. Also, I was wrong on the team, it was Southern Methodist. Their DBs freaking suck in coverage, so why should they be so superhuman making an interception that would qualify as the top highlight from the week? And it's not like I kept going to it, I left it alone for a while before going back to it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »