Home

NCAA 10 Commentary (sticky requested)

This is a discussion on NCAA 10 Commentary (sticky requested) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2009, 04:05 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA 10 Commentary (sticky requested)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
Because the flag that triggers that line is based on yards gained. Short yardage is defined as 0-3 yards.
Heard one today, on a QB Midline option keeper by Nesbitt. I paraphrase.

"He got wrapped up in the backfield!"
"That's a gain of 9 on the play."

The wrapped up in the backfield comment didn't play until I was already 5 yards up the field. Interesting, I thought.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:07 PM   #18
Pro

servo75's Arena

OVR: 9

Not technically "commentary", but every time I pause the game there's some random guy in the stands yelling, "I... DO NOT... BELIEVE THIS!!!" First I'd like to know exactly what it is he does not believe, and then I'd like to know where he gets the frequent flier miles to travel to each and every stadium (including ones that don't exist).

Kirk: "He can use both the sidelines and the middle of the field."
Lee: "They call that versatility!"
I call Lee's commentary "senility."

Seriously all those guys do there is lecture and give analysis that's just out of their @sses. Every time the receiver has anyone within 10 yards of him I get accused of "throwing into coverage," even if the completion was made! This happens even for batted balls and for what I call the "robo-LB" plays, where a LB who is at least 5 yards away from the receiver suddenly leaps 6 feet into the air and makes an interception Deion Sanders would be proud of.

One thing they love to talk about this year is the QB holding the ball too long. Several plays the DE comes right around the end and sacks me about 1-2 seconds into the play and I get lectured about holding the ball too long.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:11 PM   #19
Pro

servo75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
Because the flag that triggers that line is based on yards gained. Short yardage is defined as 0-3 yards.
But see, Adam, the problem is you went on these boards over a year ago, prior to 09 being released and said you were cleaning out some old commentary lines, and how the game has 10,000 lines. I've played about 10 games already and I'm already reciting their lines alongside them!

But then stuff like this happens and we're left having to think, that yeah Adam and the others SAY they want our input and come on these boards saying they're going to change things, but when we see the same broken things year after year, the same boring commentary, two straight years of the game shipping with faulty rosters, can you blame us for being skeptical?
Old 07-19-2009, 07:52 PM   #20
Pro

servo75's Arena

There are several variations of this, but Nessler will say:

"He'll be looking for a good kick here."
or
"They'll look to improve upon the last drive where they threw an interception."

Damn you Nessler! Giving away my game plan like that. I was going to fool the opponent into thinking I was looking for a bad kick or a fourth and 15. How dare you spoil things by leaking to my opponent that I was trying to gain yards on this drive!
Old 07-19-2009, 08:08 PM   #21
Rookie

njmcfreak's Arena

OVR: 4

I don't even know why the squib kick isn't even in the game, makes me rage. I actually had a friend over and we played a game. He has not played since 07, yet he knew alot of the commentary that was being said. That is unacceptable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2009, 08:20 PM   #22
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

i thought OMT said that the "tailbRack" comment from Corso was gone. But it's still there and annoying as ever
Old 07-19-2009, 09:59 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucas005
If I hear the "AARP" Corso line one more time commentary is being shut off for good. You're old Corso. I get it.
Funniest post ive read today LMAO!!!!
Old 07-19-2009, 10:16 PM   #24
Pro

servo75's Arena

New Slider next year: "Corso Drunkedness Level"

Sadly, right now it's actually set to 0.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »