Home

These defensive line TDs are making me sick.

This is a discussion on These defensive line TDs are making me sick. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2009, 02:55 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: These defensive line TDs are making me sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
On a related note, the O-line play is horrible in some aspects. They let the D-linemen run right around them at times. I dont even have time to snap the ball and drop back sometimes and theres already a d-linemen about to sack me.

And I'm using OU.
That's usually when the DL picks happen. You have to get a super rushed throw off and get hit while trying, then the wobbly duck pass makes an appearance.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:55 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 12

It's more realistic this year. Until this year, you could pretty much launch the ball accurately 50 yards downfield with two DE's hanging off your quarterback's arms as he is falling backwards. In reality and NCAA 10, though, sometimes you just have to take the sack.

I'd rather drink beer because drinking alot of beers makes you more manly.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:57 PM   #11
Rookie

KentuckyJared20's Arena

OVR: 3

The only thing you can do is throw quick passes, I've had some games where I've been picked off by a DL 2 times and returned for TDs. It pisses me off only because it happens to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2009, 03:02 PM   #12
Rookie

bronko3's Arena

I've had this happen twice so far. One was legit and one was BS. The legit one was me being stupid inside my own 5 yard line and forcing a pass under pressure. I got hit as I threw, the ball popped in the air and a DT caught it at the one yard line and scored. It really reminded me of the TD the Cowboys scored against the Bills in Super Bowl 27 for those who remember that one.....Jimmie Jones scored on that one. Almost identical play really.

The 2nd one, yes I was hit as I threw but the ball was picked off by a DE who had his back completely turned to the play and it just landed right in his hands. Okay that is BS. But I haven't seen these things happening often enough to complain yet, more like a random incident of bad luck at this point.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:02 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentuckyJared20
The only thing you can do is throw quick passes, I've had some games where I've been picked off by a DL 2 times and returned for TDs. It pisses me off only because it happens to me.
If it was just me then I'd assume I just sucked. But it's the same thing with all of the other guys I play my OD with. Some of them are pretty average players, but most of them are pretty decent, and no one is just terrible. It would also be different if there were a difference between games vs the computer and vs a human opponent. But I've had games like the one I described earlier, and then in one of my ODs I was playing against Oregon. Only gave up 12 points to their offense....but they scored 40 points in the game. One was absolutely my fault on a stupid play, but the rest were wobbly passes picked by the DL and returned for TDs.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:10 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

im with you on this, i see atleast two TD's from DL picks a game
Old 07-19-2009, 03:15 PM   #15
Rookie

bronko3's Arena

I kind of like the lame duck throws in a way because it makes me pay A LOT more attention to my surroundings when dropping back to pass. I know I have to read the defense and throw the ball more quickly. And if my receivers are covered or bumped off balance then I just scramble like a wild dog outside the pocket and pray for somebody to get open.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2009, 03:21 PM   #16
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

I have played over 25 games on AA vs. the CPU (9 min qtrs) and have yet to see a DL intercept a pass on a wounded duck. I have seen one by a DL (Marsh from Florida) dropping into coverage.

Good for me I guess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »