Home

Must Patch Running Game

This is a discussion on Must Patch Running Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2009, 10:12 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: Must Patch Running Game

It isn't too much of an issue if you only play offline CPU because the CPU mixes it up. Online must be a nightmare
Old 07-19-2009, 10:25 PM   #10
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4Natic
The run game is a complete and utter joke on any level except Heisman and even there you need to tweak sliders
This was on Heisman. I was having a harder time running outside on All American.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:33 PM   #11
Rookie

bucknut88's Arena

OVR: 6

Last year my defense was amazing. I averaged 4 picks a game and fewer than 75 yards rushing. This year, its hard for me to stop the run. My linebackers are idiots. I usually use a DE or DT, sometimes a safety. Rarely do I use LBs. But I feel like this year I have to because otherwise they can't get their heads out of their asses. Its not a HUGE problem but definitely annoying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2009, 11:24 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4Natic
The run game is a complete and utter joke on any level except Heisman and even there you need to tweak sliders

I jump for joy when give up 100 yards on the ground...which almost never happens vs any team good or bad

defense is stronger then offense in this years ncaa for sure which i love
umm I average about 100-150 yds rushing per game.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:28 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Right now we have linebackers dropping into coverage despite seeing run and it's way too easy to get outside on sweeps. Corners aren't coming up in run support, and when they do, they're getting destroyed by the WR blocks.

Linebackers are not pursuing. The pursuit logic is fine, but the spend a hell of a lot of time simply standing around watching the play, or back peddling.

There are no circumstances, unless the linebacker is actually blind, that he should be dropping into coverage if he can see the QBs back. It's not an awareness issue, it's not a play recognition issue. If he fails play recognition he should maybe over pursue or hesitate, but he should not drop into coverage.

If I play online, I am forced to spend the entire game guessing whether the opponent is likely to sweep right or left, and put all my efforts into stopping that, meaning everything else is opened up. In other words, I cannot worry about the passing game, the middle run, I just have to hope my players take care of it.

Sweeps are especially effective in 2-TE sets with both TEs to the open side and a both receivers to the opposite side. Run to the open side vs. zone, almost a guaranteed 10 yards.

I personally stop the run and I am able to to stop the pass most of the time. I cannot figure out how to stop that flexbone offense all the time. If you are playing a zone it is really easy to pick up 5-10 yrds rushing most of the time. I don't know how real you want this GAME, but you are not going to always know when someone is running the ball and I usually set up a run with two TE's bc they are used for blocking. If your WR are blocking they are not block LB they are blocking corners. Correct? Why would an LB be lined up with a WR?
Old 07-19-2009, 11:29 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yea, I have no problem running or giving up yards, on any setting. Try not holding Turbo right after the snap.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:48 AM   #15
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
This was on Heisman. I was having a harder time running outside on All American.
heisman or AA both are bad.

to me, there is no CPU RUNNING GAME ON THIS GAME: No matter what level.

you can tweak sliders but still... cpu won`t run as good as human.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 07:45 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenacioust86
umm I average about 100-150 yds rushing per game.
I don't know what you mean....

I never said I could not run...I said the cpu cannot run

and if you think there is no defense because you average 100-150 then try Heisman with slider tweaks and get back to me

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »