Home

Blocking on any given play....

This is a discussion on Blocking on any given play.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2009, 09:55 PM   #1
Rookie

nighttrain32's Arena

OVR: 5
Blocking on any given play....

i know that apex touched on the flawed blocking system but somehow ea has to get to the bottom of this. it seems like the way the cpu breaks blocks is avoiding them completely while your blocker(s) run right next to them. i'm not by any means saying that every player should get a clean block with their hips low and hands inside but why can't blockers simply get in the way to make the defender pick a better angle. i hate playing my rtg when a guard pulls and runs to the endzone or the sideline without touching a soul. same goes for fullbacks on a lot of counter type plays.

i also don't understand the meaning behind the whiff animation where a potential blocker runs at a defender with their head down and runs past the guy like its a bull fight. generally, smaller backs and wide receivers cut defenders if they're not the physical type.

all i'm trying to say is that if a blocker is on the filed and he gets within arms length of a defender, he occupies that space and should make an attempt at blocking the defender as opposed to jogging in place next to a player on the other team. for the ncaa/madden 11 football games there should be players jocking for position to either block or tackle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2009, 10:19 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Blocking on any given play....

I love it how Run Blocking and Pass Blocking are at 100 for Human, Break Block and Awareness are at 0 for the CPU, yet the CPU is in the backfield before any lineman can lay a hand on him...amazing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »