Home

LOL: The BCS is screwed up in the game also

This is a discussion on LOL: The BCS is screwed up in the game also within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2009, 06:05 PM   #73
Rookie

teammaxwell's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: LOL: The BCS is screwed up in the game also

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLTIDE1411
One of the new features is they are team-specific in bowl games.
THANKS! freakin awesome!

Old 07-20-2009, 07:17 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisecav
Notre Dame lost four times in the regular season in '94. Tied USC at 17 and lost 41-24 in the Fiesta Bowl to Colorado.

If anyone was snubbed in '94 it was Penn State. They beat USC and Michigan (something ND couldn't do) and went 11-0. They played Oregon in the Rose Bowl and won.

But the BCS wasn't around in '94 anyway so they didn't screw that up.
i know

1993 season

1994 bowls is what i meant

i know psu got screwed in 94 im a penn st fan
Old 07-20-2009, 07:51 PM   #75
The Lord of #Hashtags

legendkiller5's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkeus
THis thread is so funny. THE BCS AS IT RUNS IN REAL LIFE NCAA FOOTBALL DOES NOT WORK! It is crap in a crap basket! This is how you have an undefeated Utah team that beats A REALLY, REALLY GOOD ALABAMA TEAM in the bowls not competing for the National championship. Really, I could go down the very long list of BCS screw-ups to prove my point. The system does not work and it really needs to be replaced with a playoff.
Because they play in the MWC. Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
I'm pretty sure there aren't many folks under 30 who like the BCS. That's because they don't realize how much worse the system was before.
Uhh, I'm 20 and I know how bad the system was before, but that doesn't mean a system that is nearly as flawed as the BCS makes the situation much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCarloFresh
Yep EA will never give u an option for a playoff, unless its an exhibition mode type feature...NCAA wouldn't go for it...there's too much money in the bowl games, which is the same reason the conferences won't go for it in real life...giving us an option in the game would cause more people to actually realize what an absolute disgrace the bowl system is to sports...

I'd take a four team or eight team playoff...

My personal favorite is a 16 team playoff...

All conference champions automatically get in (independents could either be counted as a conference or not...they throw a loop into the deal)...then you have 5 or 6 (depending on whether you want to figure Independents as a confernce or not), as "wild-cards" based upon the BCS rankings.

It'd look something like this...(personally I wouldn't put Independents as a conf, because they control their entire schedule)

Conf Champs
VT, OKL, CIN, PSU, TULSA, BALL ST, UTAH, USC, TROY, BOSIE

Wild Cards based on BCS
Texas, Alabama, Texas Tech, Ohio State, TCU, Oklahoma State

Teams Would be Seeded based on the BCS Ranking, which would have looked like... (* for wild-card)

1. Oklahoma
2. Florida
3. Texas*
4. Alabama*
5. USC
6. Utah
7. Texas Tech*
8. Penn State
9. Bosie State
10. Ohio State*
11. TCU*
12. Cincinnati
13. Oklahoma State*
14. Virginia Tech
15. Ball State
16. Troy

Then you'd format the 16 team playoff in the 1 vs. 16, 2 vs. 15, 3 vs 14...etc...etc...format; but with this kicker...Home field advantage would be determined by a) if you won your conference b) by BCS ranking...

So for instance last year in this 16 team format...

Wildcard #3 Texas would travel to #14 Virginia Tech (ACC Champs)

but conversely #4 Alabama (who didn't win their conference) would host #13 Oklahoma State (who didn't win their conference) because of better BCS ranking...

I'd love this format because small schools would have a theoretical chance to make it, would be able to host some games to save money, big ticket sales, and exposure...and even better no one can bitch if they get left out...the goal becomes simple. Win your conference and you have a shot to win a national title...it would be great for college football because we would get better out of conference match-ups earlier in the season...Florida may want to go out and schedule a USC early in the season, because one loss won't absolutely kill the season.

That is my two cents, but its not gonna happen anytime soon...

Hopefully, it'll never happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 08:02 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
I'm pretty sure there aren't many folks under 30 who like the BCS. That's because they don't realize how much worse the system was before.
So true Coogfan, so true. Before BCS was a complete joke!
Old 07-20-2009, 08:04 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
Tiburon should definitely give an option pre dynasty selection to scrap the BCS for an 8 or 12 team tourney with byes like the NFL.
But then NCAA, the real NCAA would be pissed off to the next level lol doesn't hurt to dream
NCAA would never allow this as the fall out they would have to deal with would be major. The best hope for a playoff system is if EA gets off their butts and adds FCS teams again AND allows you to play an FCS team franchise... man that would be sweet!
Old 07-20-2009, 08:24 PM   #78
six
Banned

OVR: 6

The first year in my dynasty isn't messed up teams wise as bad as some of the stories on here lol.

1. Penn State 11-0
2. Kansas 11-0 Somewhat surprising...but huge wins over OU and Texas...I bet OU gets them in the rematch in the Big XII championship.
3. Kentucky 10-0 (ME).
4. TCU 11-0.
5. OU 10-1
6. FL 10-1
7. USC 10-1
8. Va Tech 10-1
9. Ole Miss 10-1
10. Texas 9-2
Old 07-20-2009, 08:44 PM   #79
Banned

OVR: 4

I like the BCS. A playoff would ruin college football forever. Teams will still be "controversially" ranked even if there is a playoff. There will still be arguments over playoff seeding
Old 07-20-2009, 08:47 PM   #80
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

The BCS is screwed up in real life, how do you ever expect EA to get it right hahah

But IMO it sounds like they actually got the OP's problem correct, PSU has the better loss and is ranked higher. They were co-champs so Michigan gets the right to the Rose Bowl as long as thats not the title game otherwise the top 2 ranked teams get the title game, Michigan gets another bowl.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »