Home

what a joke

This is a discussion on what a joke within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2009, 01:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
what a joke

the fact that this game is even called a football simulation is a complete joke. as a former player, some of the things that the players in this game do just make me laugh as if most of the crap that goes on in this game happened on a real football team all of these players would be benched. For example, fullbacks and lineman completely missing their blocks and then just running up field to try and block safeties is a joke. 5 lineman and a running back getting beat by a 3 man rush is a joke. defenders who let receivers run in their zone and then stop following them to run back to their zone when there is NOONE IN IT is a joke. Zone coverage in this game as a whole is just a joke. Man coverage? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. the wide open drops of INTs is horrid. just make the defenders go for more swats rather than have them drop 80% of all wide open INTs. the fact that your defenders are attracted to blockers like magnets, giving blockers the ability to completely change the direction a defender is facing in order to become "engaged" is just what puts this over the top for me. The football games of 01-04 feel more realistic than this crap. i could go ON and ON and ON about all the stupid BS that goes on in this game. I hope to god madden is not like this or this is a sad day for football simulation. It is NOT a simulation in any way shape or form. this is an arcade style football game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 01:45 PM   #2
Pro

ChampIsHere42's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: what a joke

where did you play?
Old 07-20-2009, 01:49 PM   #3
Rookie

played since I was 6 years old in flag than all the way up to high school and then rode the bench at a D3 school in college
Old 07-20-2009, 01:51 PM   #4
Redskins Pride

OVR: 6

hmmm. i feel you. i especially agree with the 3 down linemen getting ridiculous amounts of pressure and being the perfect combo for stuffing the run ...

but when i play with folks that play a sim game of ball (who don't drop into Quarter every play, who mix it up on both sides of the ball) i'm pleasantly surprised and have a great time. when i go in for a ranked game, or against the CPU i'm horribly disappointed.

This game is only as good or as fun as the players that play it. Feel free to add me if you want a decent game sometime. I'm not great and you'll probably stomp me, but i'm not a big cheeser.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:53 PM   #5
Rookie

ya dont get me wrong i have plenty fun whoopin on all my friends but i used to LOVE dynasty modes back in the day..... playin the cpu aint what it used to be
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 01:53 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins Pride
hmmm. i feel you. i especially agree with the 3 down linemen getting ridiculous amounts of pressure and being the perfect combo for stuffing the run ...

but when i play with folks that play a sim game of ball (who don't drop into Quarter every play, who mix it up on both sides of the ball) i'm pleasantly surprised and have a great time. when i go in for a ranked game, or against the CPU i'm horribly disappointed.

This game is only as good or as fun as the players that play it. Feel free to add me if you want a decent game sometime. I'm not great and you'll probably stomp me, but i'm not a big cheeser.

Couldn't of said it better myself
Old 07-20-2009, 02:00 PM   #7
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly Combo 47
the fact that this game is even called a football simulation is a complete joke. as a former player, some of the things that the players in this game do just make me laugh as if most of the crap that goes on in this game happened on a real football team all of these players would be benched. For example, fullbacks and lineman completely missing their blocks and then just running up field to try and block safeties is a joke. 5 lineman and a running back getting beat by a 3 man rush is a joke. defenders who let receivers run in their zone and then stop following them to run back to their zone when there is NOONE IN IT is a joke. Zone coverage in this game as a whole is just a joke. Man coverage? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. the wide open drops of INTs is horrid. just make the defenders go for more swats rather than have them drop 80% of all wide open INTs. the fact that your defenders are attracted to blockers like magnets, giving blockers the ability to completely change the direction a defender is facing in order to become "engaged" is just what puts this over the top for me. The football games of 01-04 feel more realistic than this crap. i could go ON and ON and ON about all the stupid BS that goes on in this game. I hope to god madden is not like this or this is a sad day for football simulation. It is NOT a simulation in any way shape or form. this is an arcade style football game.
Why don't you tell us how you really feel??

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 07-20-2009, 02:03 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly Combo 47
played since I was 6 years old in flag than all the way up to high school and then rode the bench at a D3 school in college
I probably would've lied when answering this one.

I'm having fun with the game...ignorance is bliss I suppose!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »