Home

Just Called XBox Support regarding Season Showdown

This is a discussion on Just Called XBox Support regarding Season Showdown within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2009, 12:08 AM   #17
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Just Called XBox Support regarding Season Showdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiehm
I don't play online, the cheesers from 2006 ruined that. I thought it would be cool to play the game right in an offline dynasty, where you don't run it up, where you do things the right way and get rewarded, but it was silly of me to think that you could get this feature with only a silver membership.

Judging from the responses I got from OMT, I don't think having a gold membership was required, but it is what is. No it's not worth $50 a year since I don't play in an online dynasty league, nor do I play any games of any sort online. I have the 'net connected for updates, and what not.
You realize there are a TON of sim style online dynasties, right?
Old 07-21-2009, 12:17 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
I don't play online, the cheesers from 2006 ruined that. I thought it would be cool to play the game right in an offline dynasty, where you don't run it up, where you do things the right way and get rewarded, but it was silly of me to think that you could get this feature with only a silver membership.
Why do you have to get some meaningless points for it to be fun? You can still play an offline dynasty and do things 'the right way'.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:06 AM   #19
Rookie

Darkeus's Arena

OVR: 5

I feel the OP. PSN is free and 360 owners have to pay for XBL gold on a system that might RROD on them at any moment. It is a crappy deal.

I have the money to go Gold on XBL and I don't because of principle. Same reason I don't play World of Warcraft. I bought you product, I should not have to pay more money to use all of its features, on even play the frakking game. If I bought your console, I should be able to play online without paying the price of a new game every year.

Its Microsoft, it is not like they need the money. I prefer the single player experience anyway and if I want to play somebody, I'll invite friends over. A controller is 50 bucks or less and I pay for that once..

The Scarlet and Grey, best team in the land!
Old 07-21-2009, 10:29 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXBlackshirtsXx
y not just spend 8.99 for a 3 month membership
If you e-bay or use amazon you can find 12 month live memberships cheap. I just bought a 12 month Gold Card with no tax and free shipping for $27.99.

The cheapest I could find right now was this

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Xbox-Live-12...3%3A1|294%3A50
Old 07-21-2009, 10:50 AM   #21
Rookie

Happyvally74's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

I may as well return the game, as the Season Showdown was the reason I bought 2010.
I award you the first place trophy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 11:28 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 32

this is one of the shortcomings of XBOX 360. Paying for online is a hassle, and is more of a hassle trying to cancel it.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:47 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
this is one of the shortcomings of XBOX 360. Paying for online is a hassle, and is more of a hassle trying to cancel it.
I just feel that if I pay $60 for a game, I should be entitled to all the features. Don't let me play in certain on-line games, fine, but the features of the game you should be allowed to partake in.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:06 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
I just feel that if I pay $60 for a game, I should be entitled to all the features. Don't let me play in certain on-line games, fine, but the features of the game you should be allowed to partake in.
Agreed...that's one of two reasons why I don't buy games for the 360 (I have both consoles). The other is the fear of the red ring of death.

The thing that I don't get is the 360 out sells the PS3. Maybe people just love to pay $ for something you can get for free...There was a time where EA's game on 360 were definitely better, so I understand that, but over the two years, that gap has closed and the two games are nearly indistinguishable regardless of console.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »