Home

You college fans would know this better than I would...

This is a discussion on You college fans would know this better than I would... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2009, 12:19 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 24
You college fans would know this better than I would...

I decided to do a dynasty with Tennessee.
I wanted to use a decent, but not top 25, team.

I started out 2-0 (42-7 over Western Kentucky, then 34-16 over UCLA).

I was pumped for my week 3 game with Florida at The Swamp. Somehow, I pulled out a 21-16 win (played incredibly conservative on offence, chewed the clock, etc...).

Florida was the #1 team before the game, Tennessee wasn't in the top 25.

After a win like this, I expected better than #21 in the polls.

In real college football, shouldn't an established program like Tennessee rank better than #21 after a 3-0 start, including a win over #1 Florida?

Frankly, I feel my team should be ranked in the top ten after wins over Florida and UCLA. Obviously, the Western Kentucky win is expected.

I play on AA with Trinity's sliders slightly tweaked.

Last edited by dave374; 07-21-2009 at 12:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 12:22 AM   #2
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: You college fans would know this better than I would...

Hmm.. I would say IRL if Tennessee did what you did there, they'd be ranked higher. But, early in the season, upsets won't vault a team automatically. Maybe Florida was just overrated? Besides, WKU and UCLA aren't exactly the cream of the crop either. Keep winning, you'll keep climbing.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:26 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
Hmm.. I would say IRL if Tennessee did what you did there, they'd be ranked higher. But, early in the season, upsets won't vault a team automatically. Maybe Florida was just overrated? Besides, WKU and UCLA aren't exactly the cream of the crop either. Keep winning, you'll keep climbing.
That Florida game was a 1596 on the greatness scale.
They scored with less than a minute to go and recovered the onside kick.
Tebow was a lot less effective running the ball than I would have liked, but I kept calling QB contain via D-hot routes and was constantly blitzing or spying.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:29 AM   #4
Rookie

MMMonty's Arena

OVR: 6

Yeah, early season upsets don't count as much as later on in the season because when the season is just beginning, you don't know what teams will be worthy of a high ranking (i.e Michigan when they were upset by Appy St.). Tennessee is in the SEC so if you do well in that conference, then you'll do well in the top 25
Old 07-21-2009, 12:32 AM   #5

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Keep winning and you will get up there.

Generally speaking, it is harder to move up the polls than it is to fall down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 12:37 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

As a Vols fan (and alumnus) I don't think the Vols be in the Top 25 with wins over Western Kentucky and UCLA. A win over Florida would vault them into the top 20 for sure, probably borderline top 10. Say around 12 or so.

Of course, some of that would depend on what other teams did, too.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:38 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Keep winning and you will get up there.

Generally speaking, it is harder to move up the polls than it is to fall down.
Florida fell to #11 with the loss.
I still think my team should be ranked higher than them, after I won legitimately.

In the Florida game, I was nervous throughout. The adaptive AI really kicked in quickly on D for Florida. They really shut down my run game. Only a deep pass to #4 WR for Tennessee kept Florida from winning. The pass set up a TD that gave me a 21-10 lead.

I was a tad disappointed in Tebow's lack of run stats, but I was consistently calling QB contains with D hot routing, blitzes and spies. So, maybe, my playcalling helped contain him.

I like that he was throwing really deep passes in the second half.

There's no doubt that 90% of the guys replying to this thread know more about college football than I do. I only get interested in college football A) when NCAA is released; B) at NFL draft time.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:41 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
As a Vols fan (and alumnus) I don't think the Vols be in the Top 25 with wins over Western Kentucky and UCLA. A win over Florida would vault them into the top 20 for sure, probably borderline top 10. Say around 12 or so.

Of course, some of that would depend on what other teams did, too.
I'm neither a fan or alumnus. I'm just a stupid Canadian who can never decide what team to take for his dynasty every year in NCAA.

I either take a decent team near the Canadian border or a top 35 team with some prestige. Tennessee fit the bill this year.

Great college, cool uniforms, wicked stadium. Thought I'd try to get your Vols back into Bowl contention this year. #2 and #3 at RB are my one-two punch. #3 has nice outside speed and giving me some nice outside runs.

#8 at QB started out slowly this season, but I am doing my best to get him some confidence by playing to his strengths (aka, making sure #4 gets the ball a lot ... he's a beast).

As you can see, I know about NCAA football as 99% of OS knows about women (myself included).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »