Home

Do you want to win every game or not?

This is a discussion on Do you want to win every game or not? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2009, 08:49 AM   #9
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Do you want to win every game or not?

If I won every game I would be bored out of my skull. In even matchups I expect to win 50% of the time (ok, maybe 60% of the time ). And when I face a team better than me, I expect a tough game where I will probably lose. I want realism. Winning too much = boring and unrealistic.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:58 AM   #10
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
If I won every game I would be bored out of my skull. In even matchups I expect to win 50% of the time (ok, maybe 60% of the time ). And when I face a team better than me, I expect a tough game where I will probably lose. I want realism. Winning too much = boring and unrealistic.
Exact same here. My number one reason for stopping playing NCAA or any sports game is that it becomes too easy to win...with unrealistic stats a very close second.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:27 PM   #11
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I definitely don't want to win every game. Sure I want to win the ones I'm supposed to win. But, the main thing I want is competitive games. I started my offline Dynasty (with Bama) playing on AA with JUnits slider's.

After four games I was averaging over 50 points a game. With the closest game being against VT (35-24). The final straw was when I stomped Arkansas 43-7. After that game I decided to bump it up to Heisman and used Phillyfan23's Heisman slider's.

My first game on Heisman was against Kentucky. It's was a nail bitter throughout but, I ended up winning 27-21 (I believe, I'm at work so, i don't have the stats in front of me).

The second game was a battle of top 10 teams, I came in ranked #5. Ole Miss was ranked #9. It was a game of field goals for me and I ended up eking out a tight victory 25-22. Ole Miss shut me down in the Red Zone and my kicker was the player of the game!

It's games like those that makes NCAA 10 great!! I can't wait to get home and play some more tight games. 5 O'clock can't get here fast enough!!

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 01:02 PM   #12
Rookie

trevdeez09's Arena

OVR: 0

When you're using a team like ohio state, which i am, i want to win every game. But when it doesn't happen, which it wont because i lost to usc 35-6, I'm okay with it becuase it means the game is competitive.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:15 PM   #13
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
pretty much this.

also is why '09 was just too boring to play as a sleeping baby could beat the CPU on Heisman in '09.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 07-21-2009, 01:19 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I definitely don't want to win every game. Sure I want to win the ones I'm supposed to win. But, the main thing I want is competitive games. I started my offline Dynasty (with Bama) playing on AA with JUnits slider's.

After four games I was averaging over 50 points a game. With the closest game being against VT (35-24). The final straw was when I stomped Arkansas 43-7. After that game I decided to bump it up to Heisman and used Phillyfan23's Heisman slider's.

My first game on Heisman was against Kentucky. It's was a nail bitter throughout but, I ended up winning 27-21 (I believe, I'm at work so, i don't have the stats in front of me).

The second game was a battle of top 10 teams, I came in ranked #5. Ole Miss was ranked #9. It was a game of field goals for me and I ended up eking out a tight victory 25-22. Ole Miss shut me down in the Red Zone and my kicker was the player of the game!

It's games like those that makes NCAA 10 great!! I can't wait to get home and play some more tight games. 5 O'clock can't get here fast enough!!

Could you post the slider sets for AA and Heisman you mentioned?
Old 07-21-2009, 01:33 PM   #15
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephendc07
Could you post the slider sets for AA and Heisman you mentioned?

Check the slider forum dude.... and yeah I feel the same way as the rest of you guys, but me being the competitive person I am I'm going to be pissed that I lost and the next team is in for domination, but winning all the time (unless I'm my Michigan) is boring, but that's why I'm strictly an online person now unless I'm practicing a new formation...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 01:36 PM   #16
Rookie

BuckeyesFan21's Arena

OVR: 3

That is why last year's version of the game was soooo boring. I played the game on Heisman with a good set of adjusted sliders that should have made the game very hard. I ended up winning every game by a large score.

This year seems to be a bit different. I can't for sure tell as I am still not on top of my game as I will be after I play some more, but I'm hoping it stands to challenge me more. Hopefully the sliders are correctly fixed and it should be much better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »