Home

Do you want to win every game or not?

This is a discussion on Do you want to win every game or not? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2009, 04:04 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 9
Do you want to win every game or not?

Yes, I have been completely frustrated at times about how the CPU basically cheats to make a game competitive. BUT, I remember the alternative.

I turned into an on-line only player simply because I started to feel like playing the CPU does not help you vs a human opponent. The CPU is predictable and I really can't take it seriously. Last year, in OD's, basically it was try to win the Heisman by destroying the CPU, then have a frustrating championship game because all that nonsense you did against the CPU doesn't work now.

Fast forward to 2010. I am actually worried about playing the CPU this year in my Heisman (difficulty) dynasty. My first game wasn't go in and try to blow out the CPU, it was slip in and slip out without slipping in it. As soon as I got the game in hand I got my starters out.

Point is that the AI will never play like a human. It does what it does to make it a game. I bet it was cool when you victimized the AI last year with screen, screen, RB out, curl, curl, QB dive. Now that the CPU is at your neck you wanna complain.

Well, thanks EA for making the game harder on us. I only have 2W and 4L against the CPU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 04:13 AM   #2
stewaat

OVR:
Re: Do you want to win every game or not?

I only want to win games I should. If I'm using Air Force and I play crappy against Florida, I better not win. Hell if I play pretty decent I probably shouldn't win. If I play perfect and get some big plays, I hope I have a shot to win.

I was blown out 48-17 by #12 California today and I enjoyed the game. I was down 38-0 using Minnesota. It was a lot of fun because they just dominated me.

*Here comes the "you suck at the game" people!

Old 07-21-2009, 04:21 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat;

Old 07-21-2009, 04:40 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 13

ha. you don't suck. before this year, i had never lost a game on AA. this year i've lost 2. one because my star qb was injured against ND (who're somehow super awesome in the game) and the other because my two starting tackles graduated after my first season and VT absolutely dominated my Oline. It wasn't 38-0 but it wasn't good. I think it was maybe 31-14 or something like that. It was a tough game. I loved it.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:52 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I try to win every single game in OD just because it's so ridiculously competitive. My two other friends are much better than me so I have to practically go undefeated to survive. That said, I haven't lost a game to a CPU yet, but my two friends have, so idk. I just love the competition of it all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 07:36 AM   #6
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
I only want to win games I should. If I'm using Air Force and I play crappy against Florida, I better not win. Hell if I play pretty decent I probably shouldn't win. If I play perfect and get some big plays, I hope I have a shot to win.

I was blown out 48-17 by #12 California today and I enjoyed the game. I was down 38-0 using Minnesota. It was a lot of fun because they just dominated me.

Agree. I want to win when I should and IF I play right and not just because I'm the better team on paper. Same for losing. I should have the odds against me if I have the lesser team.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-21-2009, 07:59 AM   #7
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

I want to lose the games I should... but it has to not feel too cheap either.

There's a difference between being unable to move the ball on offense and being realistically frustrated, and throwing an INT, holding the CPU to a 3-&-out, then fumbling the punt return when you're already losing 28-3 in the first half.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:11 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 14

I am using VT in an OD and I have to continually put up 80+ points a game just to stick with the CPU. It just seems the game is predetermined who should win the game.

2 games now against the CPU where both teams scored 70+. Played against Miami and 2 back to back pick 6s and some other nonsense and we went into 5 overtimes just so they could warp through my player and get the pick to win the game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »