Home

Is Rolling Out/Scrambling supposed to be cheese?

This is a discussion on Is Rolling Out/Scrambling supposed to be cheese? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Is Rolling Out/Scrambling Cheese?
Yes, reguardless of team/playbook SIM says you stay in the pocket at all times. 42 25.00%
No, if you're complaining about this spend more time on defense in practice mode. 126 75.00%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-21-2009, 05:00 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Is Rolling Out/Scrambling supposed to be cheese?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettouch
its cheese if its not design and/or they run right out the pocket after the snap.

Its not cheese if they sit in the pocket see that no one is open then scramble out or the play is design for a rollout
I second this just depends on how you use it. If it becomes every play then it's cheese.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:03 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettouch
its cheese if its not design and/or they run right out the pocket after the snap.

Its not cheese if they sit in the pocket see that no one is open then scramble out or the play is design for a rollout
Thirded

I have found however that the game has really turned on these people and this tactic doesnt work. if you call the right plays. Contains and spy's work a lot better and the accuracy hit (for everyon except tebow I gues) is a lot better.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:04 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yea it only cheese when you pick a pocket pass play soon as you hike it you start sprinting with the qb to the sideline and backwards. And yes the contain plays only work to an extent and that extent is to how the game is supposed to be played which is rolling out on roll-out plays, and option runs but the picking a regular play and sprinting out it doesn't do too much for that. Yes you can stop it but you have to play it perfect every single time with defensive hot routes and and all that sometimes you can't make em all every time so it equals cheese because it is a flaw that gets taken advantage of
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 05:38 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 8

Based off the vote so far it appears rolling out isn't cheese, and to those who think it is cheese, I honestly think you need to be more creative with your defensive playbook. I remember in Madden 09 this was out of control but Dime defense with the nickel backs blitzing owns this, as well as a DB blitz...I haven't run into anything that can't be stopped, hard to defend sure, but isn't that football? Adjusting constantly to your opponent, adapting, and setting up plays to defend someones tendencies, not sitting back anytime you have a hard time containing something and calling it cheese? I'll give a personal example, my 2nd game on line I got Flexboned to death by GT, and initially I cried cheese, but then I realized its on me to stop it (so I went into practiced and labbed a while til I had a decent arsenal of defensive plays to mix it up vs that style), so shouldn't it be the same vs a scrambler? Personally as long as you punt on fourth after I put in work to stop you I don't really care how you run your offense so long as its not a glitch.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:40 PM   #13
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by s38s38s
P.S. Any tips on stopping the "Flexbone"?
You can't . Actually I wouldn't know, I use it all the time though and only on guy has really stopped me. Guessing right on defensive keys could help, but a lot of Flexbone plays have more than one option to go to making that kind of hard.

Now about your you roll out passing, yes you are cheesing since you do it right at the beginning. I like to scramble, but I always use a rollout pass or wait till my line breaks down for the most part. Sometimes your line can open up a big hole right up the middle where no one is at and then it ok as well in my book.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:46 PM   #14
Rookie

prd689's Arena

OVR: 5

There is no cheese in this game that you cant counter IMO. Here is my reasons.

1. If you find that a person runs around with a scrambler call contain.
  • Yes, contain works in the 3-2-6 package. Plus you get a spy as well.
  • Blitz corners, otherwise if you dont want to blitz send everyone in coverage except a LB to spy... Typically if your playing against Florida, you're not playing with a subpar team... so you should have decent LB's
2. When people are rolling they lose accuracy when they throw on the run. Eventually it will catch up with them. Call an aggressive defense once in awhile.

3. Get better at pass coverage. Use player lock (sooo fun) with a corner on the side they tend to roll out to.

Typically people roll out because they dont know how to pass without it. If they get to the 20 yard line just start calling 5-2 zone blitzes... They will have limited room to throw and you can get good pressure. Just learn to play against it, because it is a very high risk/high reward way of playing. But if you can get in their head by stopping their rolling around... just sit back and watch them flounder.
I know some will flame me, but cheesing is the same as camping on Call of Duty... Many people will flame others for doing it, but its effective... Learn tendencies...

Otherwise, dont play people who play with Florida or OSU or teams that you know have a fast QB...
Old 07-21-2009, 05:47 PM   #15
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Based off the vote so far it appears rolling out isn't cheese, and to those who think it is cheese, I honestly think you need to be more creative with your defensive playbook. I remember in Madden 09 this was out of control but Dime defense with the nickel backs blitzing owns this, as well as a DB blitz...I haven't run into anything that can't be stopped, hard to defend sure, but isn't that football? Adjusting constantly to your opponent, adapting, and setting up plays to defend someones tendencies, not sitting back anytime you have a hard time containing something and calling it cheese? I'll give a personal example, my 2nd game on line I got Flexboned to death by GT, and initially I cried cheese, but then I realized its on me to stop it (so I went into practiced and labbed a while til I had a decent arsenal of defensive plays to mix it up vs that style), so shouldn't it be the same vs a scrambler? Personally as long as you punt on fourth after I put in work to stop you I don't really care how you run your offense so long as its not a glitch.
I didn't vote due to you not having proper choices. IT IS CHEESE> period.
Well at least I know who not to play.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 05:59 PM   #16
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Um GT only has Flexbone in their playbook. It's their actual offense they run so it really isn't cheese at all. Meanwhile you never see any QB just roll out of the pocket immediately on every play. Yes you can stop the cheese with good defense, but it still is cheese. Oh and I didn't vote either because your choices don't fit with how I feel on the issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »